Page 18 of 54 FirstFirst ... 814151617181920212228 ... LastLast
Results 256 to 270 of 801
  1. #256
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Pasadena
    Posts
    10,124
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Ed Reed to Houston?



    Gary Striewski‏@garystriewski
    #Texans flew out to scoop Reed from his Atlanta home. Now at the stadium to try and hash out a deal.
    #NFL #FreeAgency




  2. #257
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The Land of Verdite
    Posts
    13,321
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Ed Reed to Houston?

    Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    Gary Striewski‏@garystriewski
    #Texans flew out to scoop Reed from his Atlanta home. Now at the stadium to try and hash out a deal.
    #NFL #FreeAgency
    A deal they will regret, for all eternity.
    "When questioned, the Elders explained that they were in search of magical powers. However, they're actually searching for the whereabouts of a certain ring. This ring is a legendary treasure that long ago was known to exist"




  3. Re: Ed Reed to Houston?

    Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    Gary Striewski‏@garystriewski
    #Texans flew out to scoop Reed from his Atlanta home. Now at the stadium to try and hash out a deal.
    #NFL #FreeAgency
    I know it may not be financially feasible to have Ed come back and play in Baltimore.

    But it's going to be pretty sad to seeing him playing for another team.




  4. #259
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Houston, TX Y'all
    Posts
    27,494
    They had lunch at a Flemings Steakhouse in Houston.

    Friend of mine is the sommelier there and saw him. Says it looked to him like he's already signed.
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.




  5. #260
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Westmonster
    Posts
    570

    Re: Ed Reed to Houston?

    Quote Originally Posted by MD Boy View Post
    I know it may not be financially feasible to have Ed come back and play in Baltimore.

    But it's going to be pretty sad to seeing him playing for another team.
    I agree, ill be sad to see him in a different uniform, until he starts singing....




  6. #261
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Westmonster
    Posts
    570

    Re: Ed Reed to Houston?

    someone needs to take Masons twitter away lol

    "I believe reed has signed with Texans!" then a few seconds later "Joking ppl!!"




  7. #262
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    394

    Re: Ed Reed to Houston?

    Quote Originally Posted by Darksouleyez View Post
    I agree, ill be sad to see him in a different uniform, until he starts singing....
    lol, seriously, he should work on that before doing it again in public.




  8. #263
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    2,547
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Ed Reed to Houston?

    Quote Originally Posted by rd1z View Post
    And those same people heralding his tackling will be the first to call when they see him get hurdled or escort players to the sideline.
    The one thing that still makes Reed valuable is that he is still enough of a threat to snatch a ball that opposing QB's have to account for his coverage skills. It was my opinion thought that last year on the whole was the first time I thought his ineffectiveness as a tackler after the catch truly outweighed his skills as a playmaker in pass defense. Generally as guys get to Ed's age you do not expect that decline to reverse.

    Not sure what the Texans are thinking here. If they pay Ed anything north of 4 million and let Quin walk rather than pay him that little bit extra they are nuts IMO.
    A linebacker's job is to knock out running backs, to knock out receivers, to chase the football,
    -Ray Lewis




  9. #264

    Re: Ed Reed to Houston?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ravenous1 View Post
    The one thing that still makes Reed valuable is that he is still enough of a threat to snatch a ball that opposing QB's have to account for his coverage skills. It was my opinion thought that last year on the whole was the first time I thought his ineffectiveness as a tackler after the catch truly outweighed his skills as a playmaker in pass defense. Generally as guys get to Ed's age you do not expect that decline to reverse.

    Not sure what the Texans are thinking here. If they pay Ed anything north of 4 million and let Quin walk rather than pay him that little bit extra they are nuts IMO.
    Pollard can tackle but is a liability in coverage. Ed can cover and play balls but is a liability when it comes to tackling.

    The Ravens simply want complete players on both sides of the ball. The moves might not be popular but they do make sense.




  10. Re: Ed Reed to Houston?

    Ed's not a tackling machine anymore but damn, remember that hit he had on Eddleman (I think) in the end zone? It was week 3, Patsies at the Vault and Eddleman had a sure TD when Ed leveled him.

    Yeah, he'll be missed in Baltimore.




  11. #266
    Quote Originally Posted by MD Boy View Post
    Ed's not a tackling machine anymore but damn, remember that hit he had on Eddleman (I think) in the end zone? It was week 3, Patsies at the Vault and Eddleman had a sure TD when Ed leveled him.

    Yeah, he'll be missed in Baltimore.
    Those hits are great until you pay for them with penalties and suspensions




  12. Re: Ed Reed to Houston?

    Quote Originally Posted by barnanimal View Post
    Those hits are great until you pay for them with penalties and suspensions
    Yeah, that's true. That one was a clean hit though.

    The days of the dominating Ravens Defense are long gone now. That's what sucks.




  13. #268

    Re: Ed Reed to Houston?

    For those that wanted Kenny Phillips...he signed with Philly for a one year deal.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.




  14. #269

    Re: Ed Reed to Houston?

    Quote Originally Posted by MD Boy View Post
    Ed's not a tackling machine anymore but damn, remember that hit he had on Eddleman (I think) in the end zone? It was week 3, Patsies at the Vault and Eddleman had a sure TD when Ed leveled him.

    Yeah, he'll be missed in Baltimore.
    Ed knows his limits. He could lay the lumber against guys like Edleman and McCluster but when the bigger guys come around he would shy away. Like when Brent Celek hurdled him in week 2.




  15. #270
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Wilton, CT
    Posts
    16,024
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: Ed Reed to Houston?

    Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    For those that wanted Kenny Phillips...he signed with Philly for a one year deal.
    Damn! Any money amounts released?
    He Who Dares.....Wins




Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Russell Street Report Website Design by D3Corp Ocean City Maryland