Page 14 of 67 FirstFirst ... 1213141516 ... LastLast

Re: Ravens may not want Ed Reed back, visiting Texans on Thursday

Quote Originally Posted by bt12483 View Post
    If they give him anywhere near what Quin got it is silly (~$5M/year I think). They should have kept the younger Quin.
    Reed will sign for anything north of 4 Million. I doubt Ozzie offered much close to that. My ed reed jersey is my favorite and I will continue to wear it if he leaves, but I have no problem with that secondary getting younger and faster

If they give him anywhere near what Quin got it is silly (~$5M/year I think). They should have kept the younger Quin.
    i agree, they even said their priority was to re sign quinn and they could not afford 5M per year. No chance ed gets near that or else they would have signed quinn and the Ravens know that so I can see them keeping in touch with reed and possibly matching any offer if its 4M or bellow, reed will most likely give the ravens a chance to match its wheather or not the Ravens want him back....

Blog Entries

Goodbye Ed, see you in a few years for the Ring of Honor induction.

You dissed Flacco publicly, only for him to see the pass to get you to the Super Bowl, dropped by an eight year veteran. Only to see Flacco have the most impressive QB Super Bowl run since Joe Montana, become the face of the franchise, and by the way, while the team doesn't even make you an offer to come back.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

The Texans are going all out to get Reed.

John McClain was on WNST this morning and said the Texans have never recruited a free agent like they are doing for Ed.

I wish Ed luck because it is obvious that we are not very interested in Ed coming back.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Blog Entries

Unless, the Texans really want a SB, and think that this could be their year. The Texans have been good for a past few seasons, but haven't been able to get over the hump. Ed Reed could provide that veteran leadership that carries them through tough playoff games in January. That veteran leadership provided by Ed Reed, Ray Lewis, Boldin, Pollard, Birk, etc. is what carried the Ravens to the SB title this year. The Ravens were not the most talented team on paper in the playoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by Purpleguy View Post
    I just watched the Superbowl video and during the AFC Championship Game they had Reed miced up on the bench talking about the o-line. He was saying, "This line is invincible! This is the line we have been talking about all year!"

Obviously the mutiny was about more than pads. Harbaugh was far too stubborn on Cam and McKinnie. Eventually Bisciotti stepped in and saved our season.
    Or maybe, Harbaugh knew how to motivate a difficult player, got him motivated, and elevated the performance of the team at the most important time of the season w/ the result being a Super Bowl win.

To be honest, as long as Ed Reed doesn't go to the Niners, I can deal. He can do a lot to help a young, decent Houston secondary get it together.

Quote Originally Posted by BaltimoreLarry View Post
    To be honest, as long as Ed Reed doesn't go to the Niners, I can deal. He can do a lot to help a young, decent Houston secondary get it together.
    Yeah, because helping out another AFC team is just what the Ravens need....

Blog Entries

I love ed, one of my all time favorites, but i dont think theres any chance he doesnt sign with them today or tomorrow. SO knowing that I hope he gets 7m/year and guarantees us an even better Comp pick. Good move for the Texans regardless, hell get plenty of opportunities in that defense.
    Last edited by JAB1985; 03-14-2013 at 11:31 AM.
    -JAB

Quote Originally Posted by BaltimoreLarry View Post
    This makes no sense. Why would you want another AFC team to "get it together"?

Brian Dawkins played the last 3 years of his career in Denver. I could accept Reed going elsewhere if we are trying for a bit of a youth movement on defense. We still have Suggs and Ngata for continuity as the vets. It's rare in today's NFL for a Hall of Fame caliber legendary player to play his entire career for one team.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    I love ed, one of my all time favorites, but i dont think theres any chance he doesnt sign with them today or tomorrow. SO knowing that I hope he gets 7m/year and guarantees us an even better Comp pick. Good move for the Titans regardless, hell get plenty of opportunities in that defense.
    At this point I'm just waiting to see it pop up in my Twitter "Ed Reed signs with Houston".

Quote Originally Posted by Losac View Post
    This makes no sense. Why would you want another AFC team to "get it together"?
    I live in Niner country, and my hate for them has grown to a point where it nearly reaches the level of Steelers hate. I don't want to have to hate Ed too.

As for Houston, it be a smart signing, can't fault them for that. And let Ed get his money. I've watched him play, they're getting leadership, but not the playmaker he was.