Page 12 of 67 FirstFirst ... 1011121314 ... LastLast

Re: Ravens may not want Ed Reed back, visiting Texans on Thursday

Quote Originally Posted by Uli2001 View Post
    I think the silence coming from the Front Office speaks volumes. All they had to do was to come out and explain themselves. That's what they would do if all the cuts were football-related. But since they aren't, they won't.
    Wow:grbac:

Quote Originally Posted by montydad5000 View Post
    Very interesting, if true...and this could be why we're seeing such a mass exodus from the club right now...

http://www.baltimorenewsjournal.com/...xans-thursday/
    Interesting. And scary. "Playing like a Raven" does not equal "shut up and do as you're told."

Blog Entries

Yup, PFT...aka, the Bible when it comes to NFL news.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RavenScallywag View Post
    They've been doing that for past 4 years...Kindle and Cody didn't work out well, but Upshaw, Pierce, KO, Gradkowski, Webb, Pitta, Dickson...those are all "Harbaugh guys" and have nice roles on this team.

I'm not attacking you here, but do you think Ozzie's even in the war room this year? I'm guessing it'll just be Steve B, Harbaugh...and maybe Dick Cass, the slimy little weasel at Steve B's side? Also Chad Steele...because he's always trying to get his face into everything.

Who's Steve B? Ozzie will be on South Beach with Pollard, or um, Ellerbe. Maybe both by tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by EternalRavensDefense View Post
    That doesn't make any sense. The Ravens are not going to come out and start telling their fans in the second days of free agency about what they are doing and why they are doing this. Have you ever heard any other teams do that before. Are the Patriots going to come out and say why they didn't offer Welker the deal he got from Denver.

Should the Ravens come out and tell people why they allowed guys like Bart Scott, Hartwell, Jason Brown, Mason, Heap, Gregg, Gaither, Josh Wilson, Jim Leonhard etc. to go in free agency before when fans were going crazy over not signing those guys. It was the exact same thing going on back then with players leaving and the front office waiting to sign players.
    Bart Scott wanted to be paid like the star he thought he was. We TRIED to keep him (which is why it's mind boggling that people keep saying we 'cut' him) but weren't willing to give him the amount of years to money that New York could.

Edgerton Hartwell was a mediocre linebacker we kept until his rookie contract was up and let him go. Not sure he's on a Boldin or even an Ellerbe level.

Jason Brown is the same story as Scott. He wanted a shit load of money the Ravens didn't (and shouldn't) have paid.

Mason was a cut EVERYONE, including Mason, knew was coming period. The wheels were falling off and NOBODY who actually paid attention to the Ravens at all was shocked by it. Same thing goes for Heap, Greg, Gaither and Kruger. Ellerbe? All signs pointed to us clearing cap space for him and resigning him seeing as how we don't have anyone of true starting caliber behind him. Sorry, none of those are on a level of Boldin or Pollard or Ellerbe cut or being traded or signing with another team.

Your argument is correct in that the Ravens don't HAVE to come out and say anything; that doesn't take away from the fact that it'd be super awesome if they did.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by AirFlacco View Post
    Who's Steve B? Ozzie will be on South Beach with Pollard, or um, Ellerbe. Maybe both by tomorrow.
    HAHAHA, yeah. Heck, Steve Bisciotti won't be there, because John Harbaugh will have worked out a deal with Dick Cass so that Bisciotti is basically powerless as the owner, and Cass and Harbaugh will become the new power couple, running the Ravens into the ground, in a long con to convince Miami to buy the whole team and move it to Miami as a 2nd team.

Have we not seen this in the movies before????
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by rlh445 View Post
    Bart Scott wanted to be paid like the star he thought he was. We TRIED to keep him (which is why it's mind boggling that people keep saying we 'cut' him) but weren't willing to give him the amount of years to money that New York could.

Edgerton Hartwell was a mediocre linebacker we kept until his rookie contract was up and let him go. Not sure he's on a Boldin or even an Ellerbe level.

Jason Brown is the same story as Scott. He wanted a shit load of money the Ravens didn't (and shouldn't) have paid.

Mason was a cut EVERYONE, including Mason, knew was coming period. The wheels were falling off and NOBODY who actually paid attention to the Ravens at all was shocked by it. Same thing goes for Heap, Greg, Gaither and Kruger. Ellerbe? All signs pointed to us clearing cap space for him and resigning him seeing as how we don't have anyone of true starting caliber behind him. Sorry, none of those are on a level of Boldin or Pollard or Ellerbe cut or being traded or signing with another team.

Your argument is correct in that the Ravens don't HAVE to come out and say anything; that doesn't take away from the fact that it'd be super awesome if they did.
    and again, the Ravens did not comment on ANY of these moves after they were done. Let's toss Brown, Scott, Hartwell out, since those were simple FA losses. When we cut Gregg, Heap, McGahee, Mason...i don't recall a PC to announce all those moves. They were just done and that was that.

Blog Entries

Yea, it reminds me of the Bert Reynolds movie Semi Tough - must see if you haven't - when he's walking down the beach with the girl in the wedding dress in the end after Bert's best friend just stood her up at their wedding. Great stuff.

I just watched the Superbowl video and during the AFC Championship Game they had Reed miced up on the bench talking about the o-line. He was saying, "This line is invincible! This is the line we have been talking about all year!"

Obviously the mutiny was about more than pads. Harbaugh was far too stubborn on Cam and McKinnie. Eventually Bisciotti stepped in and saved our season.

Quote Originally Posted by Purpleguy View Post
    Eventually Bisciotti stepped in and saved our season.
    Do you have a link or is this just more bullshit speculation morphed into urban legend?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by alien bird View Post
    Do you have a link or is this just more bullshit speculation morphed into urban legend?
    This gels with my story...Bisciotti saves the season and foils Harbaugh and Cass' plan. So now, Harbaugh and Cass make a power play to handcuff Ozzie and paint Bisciotti into a corner, thus establishing themselves as the ultimate power in this universe.

Again, we saw this in the movies!

Major League 1 - Harbaugh and Cass are the woman owner, but Bisciotti and Caldwell both play the Lou Brown role.

2013 is Major League 2 - All the guys get full of themselves, allowing Cassbaugh to re-enter the picture and institute their evil plan

Quote Originally Posted by alien bird View Post
    It doesn't even make sense. If Bisciotti thinks Harbaugh is too incompetent to fire his own coaches why not just fire him too?