Page 11 of 67 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Re: Ravens may not want Ed Reed back, visiting Texans on Thursday

I'm just guessing here, and while all this nefarious conspiracy against Stalinbaugh is quite entertaining, I'm betting the FO just sees an opportunity here to get younger and more athletic in the secondary. I guess they feel while Pollard isn't done by any means (and for that matter I don't think Reed is either), they see this as their chance to remake the middle of the defense all in one shot.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RavenScallywag View Post
    Look what happened with Kevin Mawae...he helped end the lockout as the HEAD player rep, and never played football again.

What should the Ravens have done...kept a subpar player around for a ton of money, simply because all the other players love him? What if Doss is elected the next player rep? Tons of posters on this board think he's junk, but if the players vote him rep, does that make him untouchable?

Um, Doss is on thin ice now. It won't be somebody like him. NObody here wants him to take Boldin's place. A rep is usually a hi profile guy like Stover, Pollard and Fox - all starters or stars.

Joe might take the rep job if they give him a year's supplies of McNuggets. Again, he fact is the last two player reps were released.

Blog Entries

I think the silence coming from the Front Office speaks volumes. All they had to do was to come out and explain themselves. That's what they would do if all the cuts were football-related. But since they aren't, they won't.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by AirFlacco View Post
    Um, Doss is on thin ice now. NObody here wants him to take Boldin's place. A rep is usually a hi profile guy like Stover, Pollard and Fox - all starters or stars.
    https://www.nflplayers.com/about-us/...f-Player-Reps/

Winston Justice, Kyle Vanden Bosch, Eric Winston, Lorenzo Alexander, George Wilson. That's 5 other player reps from 2012 who were cut or left their 2012 team.

It happens.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Quote Originally Posted by Uli2001 View Post
    I think the silence coming from the Front Office speaks volumes. All they had to do was to come out and explain themselves. That's what they would do if all the cuts were football-related. But since they aren't, they won't.
    Dude how long have you been a Ravens fan? Ozzie had his end of season presser and his next one will be right before the draft. The man is nothing but predictable and he really owes us nothing right now. What he owes us is a competitive team come September

Blog Entries

Disagree...we've never been an organization that throws players under the bus. It took us until yesterday or today to make comments on the Boldin trade. I'm sure Ozzie and Harbaugh will be asked about Pollard eventually and they'll say something. Whether we believe it or not is another story, but they won't just pretend like nothing happened.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Blog Entries

Yes, shit happens. That's the point. Just ask Pollard.

Whatever, when Ozzie approaches the draft he has to amend his Best Available Player part to the Best Available Player who is not insubordinate.

8. Re: Ravens may not want Ed Reed back, visiting Texans on Thursday

That doesn't make any sense. The Ravens are not going to come out and start telling their fans in the second days of free agency about what they are doing and why they are doing this. Have you ever heard any other teams do that before. Are the Patriots going to come out and say why they didn't offer Welker the deal he got from Denver.

Should the Ravens come out and tell people why they allowed guys like Bart Scott, Hartwell, Jason Brown, Mason, Heap, Gregg, Gaither, Josh Wilson, Jim Leonhard etc. to go in free agency before when fans were going crazy over not signing those guys. It was the exact same thing going on back then with players leaving and the front office waiting to sign players.

Has our front office ever commented on a free agency move? I don't recall this ever happening.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by AirFlacco View Post
    Yes, shit happens. That's the point. Just ask Pollard.

Whatever, when Ozzie approaches the draft he has to amend his Best Available Player part to the Best Available Player who is not insubordinate.

They've been doing that for past 4 years...Kindle and Cody didn't work out well, but Upshaw, Pierce, KO, Gradkowski, Webb, Pitta, Dickson...those are all "Harbaugh guys" and have nice roles on this team.

I'm not attacking you here, but do you think Ozzie's even in the war room this year? I'm guessing it'll just be Steve B, Harbaugh...and maybe Dick Cass, the slimy little weasel at Steve B's side? Also Chad Steele...because he's always trying to get his face into everything.

[QUOTE=s.r.genovese;601748]The heels? If you consider 2 months later the heels of it, then sure.

The mutiny was about practicing in pads. Cam's firing was because he sucked. Where is the connection?

There isn't any. Oh, and show me any other business where employees are "rewarded" for organizing a mutiny against their boss....There aren't any. There are certainly channels to go through if you think the coach, or you boss is wrong. Organizing a mutiny isn't one of them and it is a sign that the players are comfortable. That's never a good thing in the NFL.[/QUOTEp

Terp 82 and Purple guy are correct. The mutiny wasn't just about practice pads. It was just the beginning. Re-read Michael Silver's report from yahoo. Or maybe it was Jason Cole. Definitely one of them. Cam was discussed among other issues

And this one as the say , takes the cake.