Page 4 of 67 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Re: Ravens may not want Ed Reed back, visiting Texans on Thursday

Quote Originally Posted by Terpsfan82 View Post
    I agree with your premise to an extent. The Ravens had better be careful if this is the direction they choose to go in. If what they seek is a bunch of spineless robots then they can forget about winning another SB.
    It's more about getting rid of guys who are comfortable enough to mouth off. Personalities are fine but Harbaugh has proven if you follow him he can lead you to the Super Bowl. You better not get too comfortable with your position because the NFL stands for Not For Long, especially for players who want to mutiny on a Super Bowl winning coach.

We saw what happened when Billick let those comfortable players take too much power. They got lazy and old. If all the speculation is true, Harbaugh would be wise not to let that happen.

Even so, it could just be that Pollard wasn't that great and Reed is old and they want to get younger. Might not have much to do with the "mutiny" at all.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Purpleguy View Post
    Ultimately it is Ozzie's choice, but I think he is giving his coach what he wants in getting rid of the vocal players. If Harbaugh were ambiguous to the situation I don't think Ozzie cuts Pollard and I think he tries to let Reed finish his career here. I guess this is Harbaugh's reward for firing his buddy, Cam, against his will.
    Ozzie assembles the team harbs coaches them. I'm sure harbs has opinions but final call is up to Ozzie.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by s.r.genovese View Post
    It's more about getting rid of guys who are comfortable enough to mouth off. Personalities are fine but Harbaugh has proven if you follow him he can lead you to the Super Bowl. You better not get too comfortable with your position because the NFL stands for Not For Long, especially for players who want to mutiny on a Super Bowl winning coach.
    If it wasn't for that "mutiny" this team doesn't sniff the Superbowl. The coach isn't always right and the players called him to the carpet on it. It forced Harbaugh to change and fire his boy. We don't win the Superbowl if it wasn't for that. Those players should be applauded, not dicked over.

If it wasn't for that "mutiny" this team doesn't sniff the Superbowl.
    Speculation at best.

Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    Ozzie assembles the team harbs coaches them. I'm sure harbs has opinions but final call is up to Ozzie.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    No shit? I'm sure Ozzie does take his coach's opinion into the matter though. Hell, fans have spent the past decade blaming Billick for Boller.

Aaron Wilson ‏@RavensInsider

The Texans have been involved and in on Ed Reed since the start of free agency, not sudden development, per sources
    Expand

Sources emphasize that the 49ers are actually a legit contender for Ed Reed should the Texans visit not lead to a fast deal.

Quote Originally Posted by The Fanatic View Post
    Once again, we get fucked over without even the slightest drop of K-Y jelly to ease the pain.

Blog Entries

We saw what happened when Billick let those comfortable players take too much power. They got lazy and old. If all the speculation is true, Harbaugh would be wise not to let that happen.
    He wasn't a Superbowl winning coach when this supposedly happened last October. And they didn't start winning until after Cam was fired. So actually the mutiny led to the championship.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Terpsfan82 View Post
    I agree with your premise to an extent. The Ravens had better be careful if this is the direction they choose to go in. If what they seek is a bunch of spineless robots then they can forget about winning another SB.
    Great point because that's all they have now that Ray is gone and Ed is soon to depart along with the others. They ripped out the heart of the defense so who is the leader now? Will anyone have the courage to even speak up?

And whatever to PLAY LIKE A RAVEN. That's all these cats did more than anyone this side of Ray and that's what happened to them.

I wasn't even upset until the guy on the radio said Pollard was the player rep and I remembered that Foxworth was too.

Speculation at best.
    You think this team wins the big one with Cam? Really?

Texans have made an extremely strong bid to woo Ed Reed. Whether a quick deal happens remains unclear, but they are off to a strong start

Sources emphasize that the 49ers are actually a legit contender for Ed Reed should the Texans visit not lead to a fast deal.

The Indianapolis Colts, coached by Chuck Pagano, could emerge as a suitor for Reed, but it will depend on price and his other opportunities

Quote Originally Posted by The Fanatic View Post
    Once again, we get fucked over without even the slightest drop of K-Y jelly to ease the pain.

Blog Entries

If it wasn't for that "mutiny" this team doesn't sniff the Superbowl. The coach isn't always right and the players called him to the carpet on it. It forced Harbaugh to change and fire his boy. We don't win the Superbowl if it wasn't for that. Those players should be applauded, not dicked over.
    :word They allegedly did it to Coughlin and he didn't let it stop him from winning a second title four years later.

Blog Entries

Like I said, Ed is in HOuston now. It's not just his agent. Ed must be expecting something.