Blog Entries
    I doubt reed plays a full season

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: Ed Reed to Houston

Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    I doubt reed plays a full season.
    And he is now admitting as much:

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/2222/ed-reed

Reed's injury hoodwinks keep getting worse for the Texans. "I plan on being back for Week 1," Reed said Wednesday. "But as you’ve known me for the longest time, I’m going to be smart about my injuries and make sure I’m there for the later part of the season when the team really needs me." Reed has gone from being ready for the start of camp, to potentially returning "midway through it" to not a guarantee for Week 1.
    I chuckle at the Texans fans that billed Reed as a "great mentor" to the younger players in OTA and camp. Then it was "as long as he was ready for the regular season". Now? "As long as he makes a couple of big plays late in the season and in the playoffs".

I am not really criticizing the Texans for signing Reed. It is now-or-never for that regime, and the more championship-experienced players, the better (generally speaking). However, I think their biggest hurdle to getting over the championship-hump lies at the player behind the center and the man wearing the headphones.

Who knows? Reed may regain his health and have pro-bowl season. I just don't want him to end up like Willie Mays on the '73 Mets.

I am thankful (extremely thankful) to have seen him play so many great years on the Ravens. Kinda wish he would have retired like Ray, but he got his paycheck, I can understand that, too. I wish him the best...

Blog Entries

Let's call it the way it went down: Reed suckered the Texans.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Image that, Reed saying things that are making Texan fans unhappy. Seems to me, reed did this when he was with the Ravens. Glad the Texan now have to deal with the reed drama.Seems awful quiet on the Ravens team, even Suggs was low key in that interview the other day.

But there is another thing...if Reed gets on the field and makes plays for them that end up winning some games...they will suddenly forget about the drama. But if the Texans faulter and he is either on the sidelines hurt or blowing plays...they will be screaming to get rid of him in a hurry. It will be a love and hate thing.

Blog Entries

Reed picked the Texans...............................pockets.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Ed Reed flat out intercepted the Texans and took it to the house.

Blog Entries

Houston paid Ed for Two Tickets to Paradise
    Ed thought he was just paying him to SING Two Tickets to Paradise
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    Let's call it the way it went down: Reed suckered the Texans.
    YUP, the real question is, does Ed Reed even play one single game in a Texans niform? Or does He Leon Searcy the Texans?

Blog Entries

Well, Ed Reed was always a man of mystery. Houston will be gearing up for their annual take down of the Bengals in the wild card round of the playoffs and they'll still be looking for Reed.

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    YUP, the real question is, does Ed Reed even play one single game in a Texans niform? Or does He Leon Searcy the Texans?
    I don't think he pulls a Searcy, but he won't play until he's 100% so who knows when that will be. I am absolutely of the belief that he does only one year there and calls it a career. Something tells me his heart won't be in it.

WORLD CHAMPIONS 2000 * 2012

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by camdenyard View Post
    I don't think he pulls a Searcy, but he won't play until he's 100% so who knows when that will be. I am absolutely of the belief that he does only one year there and calls it a career. Something tells me his heart won't be in it.
    Would've been so much nicer for him to call it quits with Ray. Retire as a Raven, save his health for post-career. Oh well, hope he stays healthy enough to walk out in pretty good shape.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!