Page 10 of 67 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Re: Ravens may not want Ed Reed back, visiting Texans on Thursday

Quote Originally Posted by Purpleguy View Post
    If it wasn't for that "mutiny" this team doesn't sniff the Superbowl. The coach isn't always right and the players called him to the carpet on it. It forced Harbaugh to change and fire his boy. We don't win the Superbowl if it wasn't for that. Those players should be applauded, not dicked over.
    How is anyone getting "dicked over"? I heard on the radio that the front office laughed when they heard what Ellerbe was getting. Pollard was a penalty machine and couldn't defend the pass well. Kruger got overpaid big time! They aren't going to over pay Reed when he can barely tackle. Also one more helmet to helmet from Reed will probably cost him 4 games. Get over it. Ozzie knows what he is doing.

Again, I really don't see how the Boldin move is comparable AT ALL. He was asked to take a pay cut and he refused. What would have happened had he agreed? Would they have changed their minds because he "had a big mouth" and cut him anyway?

Something doesn't add up.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by steelerhater View Post
    The difference in the Foxworth situation and whats going on now is that Foxworth sucked. Boldin and Pollard still play at a very high level. The Raven's brass is gutting the team, which makes the Flacco signing pretty curious. Why not take the two first round picks if some team would be willing to give them up? I was ok with losing Ellerbe and Kruger (we couldn't match the money they're getting), but trading Boldin and releasing Pollard shows that the Ravens have conceeded that they won't be good for at least a few years. The Browns, Bengals, and Steelers have to be ecstatic about what the Ravens are doing.
    Foxworth also wasn't cut "right away". He was coming back from a torn ACL in 2010, but he had slowed down a WHOLE lot. He played in a few games in 2011 (the lockout year) and looked pretty crappy. We IR'd him, and I think early in offseason, we just released him straight up. He didn't get another contract and retired.

There's no conspiracy there. Any other team could've brought him back. And besides, 80% of this message board SCREAMED about us trying to have him out there! Yet suddenly, this was a Harbaugh hit job?
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Blog Entries

All that was part of it but the fact remains, they released the last two player reps and Fox even predicted it. Who will have the courage to step up now?

Quote Originally Posted by RavenScallywag View Post
    I didn't read through everything today, who was reporting this? It could be straight up rumor you know...
    No report, it is just a rehashing of the mutiny story from October and blowhards like Jamie Dukes, Stephen A Smith and Skip Bayless telling all their faithful leaders tht the purge is because of Joe Flacco and the Ravens won't win a game next year and will be lucky to beat the Sisters of the Poor. People seem to forget that we had the worst defense as a Ravens team since well the Ravens were the Browns. That neither Krueger or Ellerbe were regular starters before this season. That nobody on the boards wanted to pay Ellerbe more than 5 mill a year and that before the Playoff run people were calling for Boldin to be gone. Pretty fuckin spoiled fan base. Think most Brown fans wouldn't give their left testicle to have this team still in Cleveland?

Blog Entries

Something else that dawned on me...for those saying Harbaugh is behind all these moves and is forcing Ozzie's hand...

Boldin was interviewed on WNST today about the trade. He said the last thing Harbaugh said to him on Friday was that "we were going to try to work something out" to keep him. So Boldin let his agent handle it.

What reason would Harbaugh have to say that to Boldin if he really just wanted him gone?

Ozzie, like it or not, is signing off on ALL these moves.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

7. Re: Ravens may not want Ed Reed back, visiting Texans on Thursday

LOL, I love how people think Harbaugh hate everybody on this team. He hated Boldin, Reed, Pollard, Lewis, Suggs, etc. based on these people' mindset. I am amazed that Ed Reed would actually talk about how he and Harbaugh have a great relationship considering Reed criticized Flacco last year. Ed Reed must be lying for the sake of it.

Man, it must be fun having this kind of mindset where the coach is out to get everybody because he doesn't like them and he now has complete control over Ozzie and the Front Office and is using his power to destroy everything.

It appear Harbaugh has moved up from hating C-mac and Gaither to throwing underachieving and overweight players in doghouse to now controlling the entire franchise and hating everybody. The power of Harbaugh is unmatched.

Not even the Wizard of Oz can match the cunning and brilliantly of John Harbaugh.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by steelerhater View Post
    The difference in the Foxworth situation and whats going on now is that Foxworth sucked. Boldin and Pollard still play at a very high level. The Raven's brass is gutting the team, which makes the Flacco signing pretty curious. Why not take the two first round picks if some team would be willing to give them up?

Then who's the QB going to be - JOe's backup? That would be conceding.

I was ok with losing Ellerbe and Kruger (we couldn't match the money they're getting), but trading Boldin and releasing Pollard shows that the Ravens have conceeded that they won't be good for at least a few year.
    Don't count them out yet. Ozzie picked up a good d-lineman on the cheap from NY so he's already improved the pass rush and then there's the draft. We might not go back to the SB but we're still far above the Browns even if half the team was cut and we will still beat Piss at home. They're having probs too and just lost my boy Wallace and Harrison so they're doing some releasing too.

Ozzie was back in the playoff 2 seasons after the last gutting and we lost about 16 starters from that team including the entire D-line, half the o-iline and half the secondary with Woodson and Starks leaving as well as OLB Jaime Sharper.

Ravens have never lost for a few years since SB 35.
    Last edited by AirFlacco; 03-13-2013 at 10:15 PM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by AirFlacco View Post
    All that was part of it but the fact remains, they released the last two player reps and Fox even predicted it. Who will have the courage to step up now?
    Look what happened with Kevin Mawae...he helped end the lockout as the HEAD player rep, and never played football again.

What should the Ravens have done...kept a subpar player around for a ton of money, simply because all the other players love him? What if Doss is elected the next player rep? Tons of posters on this board think he's junk, but if the players vote him rep, does that make him untouchable?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by AirFlacco View Post
    This is so horribly biased and inaccurate.

Maybe Joe should be the rep. See if Harbs cuts him.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Forum Runner
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    This is so horribly biased and inaccurate.

Maybe Joe should be the rep. See if Harbs cuts him.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Forum Runner
    Maybe Harbs can rig the player vote...

Quote Originally Posted by RavenScallywag View Post
    Something else that dawned on me...for those saying Harbaugh is behind all these moves and is forcing Ozzie's hand...

Boldin was interviewed on WNST today about the trade. He said the last thing Harbaugh said to him on Friday was that "we were going to try to work something out" to keep him. So Boldin let his agent handle it.

What reason would Harbaugh have to say that to Boldin if he really just wanted him gone?

Ozzie, like it or not, is signing off on ALL these moves.

Thank you. The Boldin issue is clearly money and age related. If they wanted him gone, they would have made the move even swifter.

As for the talking heads putting this on Flacco, let them continue to embarass themselves. They are still trying to take the shine off of the Ravens' Lombardi trophy.