Page 9 of 67 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Ravens may not want Ed Reed back, visiting Texans on Thursday

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    How do you know Joe isnt that type?

What about Rice? Ngata? Webb?

Sent from my DROID X2 using Forum Runner
    Because Joe eats McNuggets in McDonalds that's why. There's a lot of weird chemicals in them.

Do you think Rice is gonna speak up after all this shit went down?

:)

Blog Entries

It is a straight up rumor that folks are running with.

But we all KNOW it's true...because if you really believe it's not true, you are being delusional.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

It is a straight up rumor that folks are running with.

Everyone but Pollard is easy to explain. Boldin was cap, Ed Reed is because they want to get younger.

Not sure about Pollard but I'm sure they didn't cut him for no reason. I doubt he signed his walking papers after that mutiny though, it's probably still related to his play on the field.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dirt1 View Post
    Suggs is the last guy that was vocal in the locker room that is still on the team. However, the cap hit the Ravens would take by trading him would be huge this year. I think he is only signed through 2014, so the cap hit the Ravens would take would decrease significantly after the 2013 season. Let's see what they do with Suggs. If they move him along after this upcoming season, it will be very telling.
    I think that's pushing it a bit...Couple people speculated Suggs as a cap casualty BEFORE this all went down.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

How do you know Joe isnt that type?

What about Rice? Ngata? Webb?

Were Reed, Pollard, Lewis, and Boldin the only guys capable of being vocal leaders in the locker room?

I don't know if those guys are leaders or not BUT I have watched every game that those guys have been here --- including me seats 6 rows from the field behind the bench and I can't recall ever seeing those guys you mentioned "leading" like I saw from Ray or Ed or Boldin etc by getting in peoples faces and pulling people together etc

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by helloharv View Post
    I don't know if those guys are leaders or not BUT I have watched every game that those guys have been here --- including me seats 6 rows from the field behind the bench and I can't recall ever seeing those guys you mentioned "leading" like I saw from Ray or Ed or Boldin etc by getting in peoples faces and pulling people together etc
    Was Ray Lewis doing that from day 1? Was Ed Reed?

I'm betting...the next great leader on D is going to come from this draft. I just feel like that's what is going on with this draft...drafting the next core of our D.

Suggs?
    I love Suggs, but he's more of the class clown than a leader, but that's what I like about the guy. You need some levity in the locker room. I don't think Harbaugh likes him though, and if it wasn't for the huge cap hit he would probably be gone too.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RavenScallywag View Post
    I think that's pushing it a bit...Couple people speculated Suggs as a cap casualty BEFORE this all went down.
    They could easily extend Suggs to mitigate the cap hit, just as they could have done with Boldin, and what they will have to do with Flacco after the 2015 season. They don't need to cut Suggs for cap reasons after this upcoming season, unless they want to.

Blog Entries
    Cutting players for cap reasons is just an excuse. Teams keep who they want.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dirt1 View Post
    They could easily extend Suggs to mitigate the cap hit, just as they could have done with Boldin, and what they will have to do with Flacco after the 2015 season. They don't need to cut Suggs for cap reasons after this upcoming season, unless they want to.
    Or, if his play this season shows he is struggling to recover his DPOY form...it wouldn't make sense to extend him and keep paying him a ton of money either.

Look, I want him to be back, but I also think it's a little shortsighted to say if we move Suggs next year, it's obvious that we want Harbaugh to be the only voice in our D's ear...

Blog Entries

So because they arent preaching to everyone on the sideline or screaming then they must not be leading?

We have no idea what goes on in the locker room and during practice.

Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by AirFlacco View Post
    105.7 FM talked about it at the 6 pm hour. He's in Houston and might even be signing now. Keep your ears on the radio. Ravens haven't even made an offer. The guy says they're purging the vets to get younger and these were all guys with big mouths. Everyone knows that Reed has mouthed off in private and public and they didn't ask him to present the bikes to the NO Police Dept. JJ did.

Same goes for Boldin and Pollard. Both were mouth pieces in the locker room and HARBs doesn't want em back.

Get this. Pollard was the player rep that the players elected. He did a lot of talking in the locker room. Some of it was good. Some of it was bad but his release has nothing to do with cap space. His cap hit is only $750Gs.

As guy on radio said, HARBs came in 5 years ago and physically ripped out the lockers and mixed up the d-guys with the o-guys for more harmony. He was asked to fixed the tension during his interview so this is what he did with the owner's blessing.

So 5 years later he won the trophy and made the playoffs more than any other coach and has the juice to do whatever he wants. So it's goodbye to Pollard, Reed and Boldin who mouthed off and thought they were safe.

Don't forget, Foxworth was the last player rep who was released as soon as the lockout was over. He even predicted it.

That's the way it is. Football is a billion dollar industry but these releases have nothing to do with $$.

Just one guy's opinion.
    The difference in the Foxworth situation and whats going on now is that Foxworth sucked. Boldin and Pollard still play at a very high level. The Raven's brass is gutting the team, which makes the Flacco signing pretty curious. Why not take the two first round picks if some team would be willing to give them up? I was ok with losing Ellerbe and Kruger (we couldn't match the money they're getting), but trading Boldin and releasing Pollard shows that the Ravens have conceeded that they won't be good for at least a few years. The Browns, Bengals, and Steelers have to be ecstatic about what the Ravens are doing.