Page 39 of 67 FirstFirst ... 3738394041 ... LastLast
    iggyman555 Guest

Re: Ed Reed to Houston?

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Rarely do you see a player leave a city without a deal then sign with that team later.
    aaron wilson said reed had a prior engagement on saturday

Quote Originally Posted by Bigfish View Post
    I love the guy but Ozzie isn't giving him 5m, no way. For years Ed has pulled the bait and switch off season drama on us to the point where we've grown a thick skin and just stopped listening to him. This year is an improvement, he's taken it on the road and created grief and drama for the Texans. He might as well make this one his best performance since it's likely his last act. Eventually he shows up ready to play like nothing happened. This year though it doesn't look like it will be in Baltimore.
    oh please Reed has 17 int's in the last 3 years which leads ALL NFL PLAYERS. It's laughable to think he isn't worth 5 million a season. I would give him 6 million for 2 years.

Albert Breer ‏@AlbertBreer

On Ed Reed, his plan is to be patient with this, as much as he can be ... No plans to visit anyone else at this point, but that could change
    Expand

Ed being Ed

Quote Originally Posted by The Fanatic View Post
    Once again, we get fucked over without even the slightest drop of K-Y jelly to ease the pain.

Quote Originally Posted by RD52 View Post
    oh please Reed has 17 int's in the last 3 years which leads ALL NFL PLAYERS. It's laughable to think he isn't worth 5 million a season. I would give him 6 million for 2 years.
    2010 = 8
    2011 = 3
    2012 = 4

8+3+4=?

Still pretty good. We'll just disagree on his value.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jess View Post
    Albert Breer ‏@AlbertBreer

On Ed Reed, his plan is to be patient with this, as much as he can be ... No plans to visit anyone else at this point, but that could change
    Expand

Ed being Ed
    Teams aren't going to just sit on their cap space waiting for Ed Reed. He's taking a big risk. That money is going to be spent other place.

1 year deal for 4 million, otherwise, thanks for the memories.
    Never get in a fight with a pig; you both get muddy, and the pig likes it...

Somewhere between four and five is very fair IMO, considering Landry got over 6 iirc, I wouldn't go more than five, it would be two years and the second year wouldn't be gauranteed in case he retired. I dunno if you can work something into a deal like, if you don't retire it's gauranteed, if you do it's not.

So he knows he won't be cut, but that also if he retires we have no dead money.

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Teams aren't going to just sit on their cap space waiting for Ed Reed. He's taking a big risk. That money is going to be spent other place.
    But really, knowing what we know of how Reed has changed his mind seemingly every offseason for the past five or so, this ain't surprising.

My dream scenario: draft at least one FS, possibly two, then sign Reed in August to mentor them for a year.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ursula View Post
    My dream scenario: draft at least one FS, possibly two, then sign Reed in August to mentor them for a year.
    That's what I want to happen. Well see I guess.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The players agreed to a terrible deal. Player contracts are going up but the cap isn't. So veterans are left to fight for the cap space left. Gone are the days where a guy like Ed can name his price and get it.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by rd1z View Post
    The players agreed to a terrible deal. Player contracts are going up but the cap isn't. So veterans are left to fight for the cap space left. Gone are the days where a guy like Ed can name his price and get it.
    Yep a few players got big deals the rest are getting low balled.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by iggyman555 View Post
    aaron wilson said reed had a prior engagement on saturday
    So did Jason Garrett when he left Owings Mills.