Page 67 of 67 FirstFirst ... 656667
    Blog Entries

Re: Ed Reed to Houston

Here's to hoping Ed Reed gets through a safe and productive year (just not very productive week 3) and comes back to Baltimore healthy for his ROH induction. Hall of Fame in 6 or 7 years.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Why does this thread keep getting bumped?

It's totally ok, and favored, if y'all simply start something new about Ed once the thread dies down. Not to mention the title doesn't even make sense at this point.
    The reason is because it is a byproduct of the move and merge mentality. People assume that if they post about Ed Reed, it'll either get merged into this thread or moved into the abyss that is the Non-Ravens Football.

Blog Entries

I hope has a Pro-Bowl year, I drafted the Taxans D today

Not gonna be popular by saying this, but Reed is done. He's a shell of his former self. Sure, he'll help with leadership and he'll help take away half of the big plays that plagued the Texan D last year, but he's never going to be the same Ed that we grew to love. He can't tackle anymore, he doesn't have the speed that he used to have which helped him in his gambles, and he cannot stay healthy.

Quote Originally Posted by T-Sizzle View Post
    Not gonna be popular by saying this, but Reed is done. He's a shell of his former self.
    A lot of people feel this way.

WORLD CHAMPIONS 2000 * 2012

Quote Originally Posted by T-Sizzle View Post
    Not gonna be popular by saying this, but Reed is done. He's a shell of his former self. Sure, he'll help with leadership and he'll help take away half of the big plays that plagued the Texan D last year, but he's never going to be the same Ed that we grew to love. He can't tackle anymore, he doesn't have the speed that he used to have which helped him in his gambles, and he cannot stay healthy.
    I think that's a fair point. I think it's also why it was smart for him to go outside of the AFC North. Look at the quarterbacks he's facing in his division: Jake Locker, Blaine Gabbert, and Andrew Luck. The first two are still scrub-level, and Andrew Luck, while immensely talented, is still not smarter than Ed Reed in terms of the chess match. I'd expect Reed to have a good year in terms of interceptions at least.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Why does this thread keep getting bumped?

It's totally ok, and favored, if y'all simply start something new about Ed once the thread dies down. Not to mention the title doesn't even make sense at this point.
    What he said VVVVVVVVV. You guys are quick to merge or put in non-Ravens football and we lose that conversation.

Quote Originally Posted by FattyFillmore View Post
    The reason is because it is a byproduct of the move and merge mentality. People assume that if they post about Ed Reed, it'll either get merged into this thread or moved into the abyss that is the Non-Ravens Football.

Reed should have retired last year with Ray Lewis and his last game would have been a Super Bowl. There is no question in my mind that he wanted money and one last huge pay day. I personally think he was less than honest about his physical health and that if the Texans had any idea of the amount of time he would miss during the off season, he would have never been signed, especially with a $5M signing bonus.

Quote Originally Posted by HKusp View Post
    What he said VVVVVVVVV. You guys are quick to merge or put in non-Ravens football and we lose that conversation.
    This thread was neither merged or moved so I'm not sure it's a good example.

Reed is a former HoF Raven. Any news on him deserves a spot here.

What I commented on was the bumping of a thread that started as a rumor thread whenever there's new news about Reed.

Just start a new thread (with a more appropriate title) that way we can avoid these monster threads.