Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: What do you think of Roger Saffold as a starting LT?

Well it looks like Jake Long is now a ram

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...eal-with-rams/

Quote Originally Posted by pslholder96 View Post
    Well it looks like Jake Long is now a ram

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...eal-with-rams/
    I'm sure Ex is on suicide alert.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Regarding Saffold.

ABO.

Anyone
    But
    Oher

Unfortunately, I have a STRONG suspicion that Oher will be the LT and we are going to move KO from LG to RT...and Reid at LG again.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    I wonder what he'll do when he finds out that Moss will likely be out of football this year...again.

Blog Entries

Regarding Saffold.

ABO.

Anyone
    But
    Oher

Unfortunately, I have a STRONG suspicion that Oher will be the LT and we are going to move KO from LG to RT...and Reid at LG again.
    Or play Reid at RT and keep KO at LG.

At the end of the day they know more than us, they are going to go with what they feel is the best unit possible, and to me that doesn't include KO playing RT and playing Oher at LT.

LOL. Forgot about Ex.

As for Saffold is he injury prone? I'm also on boat for a 4-5 round any higher is quite pricey.

He is short armed at less than 34", not ideal. I brought it up before but is KO a LT option? His arm length is 35-7/8". It would be easier to find a guard.

I don't think I saw a Rams game this year at all, so I can't speak on his current status...but Saffold has been really bad in the past.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bigfish View Post
    He is short armed at less than 34", not ideal. I brought it up before but is KO a LT option? His arm length is 35-7/8". It would be easier to find a guard.
    If we bring in anybody, it will be on the cheap. Ozzie has shown time and time again, he waits and finds those under the radar moves to build his team at great value.

If Saffold were to be cut, which he won't be, I'd see it happening. Ozzie probably won't make a move with the picks, unless it's for a very low pick. Again, there's a reason they brought Long in.

As far as KO...I think ideally, they want to keep him at Guard. If they wanted to move him to LT, they would've said they were doing it already. I think he could get looks there, but in their minds, they have Oher as LT or RT, Reid and KO as LG or RT. I just hope we draft someone to play LT eventually, so Oher doesn't become our long term plan there.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Quote Originally Posted by Bigfish View Post
    I know some are mentioning KO at LT, but KO struggled at times with pass pro on the right side...it would be even worse on the left.

I know some are mentioning KO at LT, but KO struggled at times with pass pro on the right side...it would be even worse on the left.
    Agree, but he seems to have the size you'd want in a LT. Oher is short armed too and I'd hate to see that again. Maybe not the ideal scenario, but with coaching his footwork would improve.