Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Re: Boldin is Still Counting Against the Ravens Cap for $7.5 Million

FWIW, I've been able to confirm that Boldin is no longer on the Ravens book at $7.531M. He's only showing up at the bonus proration of $1.531M.

As I said above, I don't think he's been on the books since March 12. If he fails his physical, then the 49ers can void the deal, but the trade - at least until then - has been completed according to the NFL.
    “Talk's cheap - let’s go play.” - #19, Johnny Unitas

Follow me on Twitter @ravenssalarycap

Quote Originally Posted by B-more Ravor View Post
    FWIW, I've been able to confirm that Boldin is no longer on the Ravens book at $7.531M. He's only showing up at the bonus proration of $1.531M.

As I said above, I don't think he's been on the books since March 12. If he fails his physical, then the 49ers can void the deal, but the trade - at least until then - has been completed according to the NFL.
    Cool...thanks
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by B-more Ravor View Post

Why is it you are able to find this out but PFT can't or doesn't even try? It's amazing how they and others print stories without even checking to see if they are correct. Journalism is really at an all time low

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Why is it you are able to find this out but PFT can't or doesn't even try? It's amazing how they and others print stories without even checking to see if they are correct. Journalism is really at an all time low
    Because if Boldin is still on our books then it is still a story and lazy reporter does not have to well you know report!

Quote Originally Posted by RavenScallywag View Post
    If that was the reason the Dolphins have Ellerbe, I call it a blessing in disguise. If we paid him 35/5, would've been a ridiculous reach. Maybe he stays for 30/5, but that's even still a reach to a lot of people on here.
    Don't forget there is no income tax in Florida. He gets to keep an extra 10% of his money there, so even if the contracts were equal it is a nice little incentive.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kevlar View Post
    Don't forget there is no income tax in Florida. He gets to keep an extra 10% of his money there, so even if the contracts were equal it is a nice little incentive.
    Plus it is Florida. Nice weather year round. I know if I was Ellerbe, I would've done the same thing.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by edtude View Post
    Because if Boldin is still on our books then it is still a story and lazy reporter does not have to well you know report!
    :word

Journalism started to die the day Roone Arledge (the guiding genius behind ABC' Wide World of Sports, for you young'uns) took over the ABC News department & decided that it was going to become a profit center instead of the money-losing prestige feature that broadcast news had always been.

Now it's all about how much $$$ you bring in--in the form of page views to justify higher ad rates. There's no penalty for being wrong when your wrongness gets the clicks, & certainly no reason to admit you were ever wrong. The ethics of "urinalism" are the same as those of advertising: Tell the truth when it benefits you, hide or ignore it when it doesn't, & use histrionic language & images in preference to content. because histrionics excites emotions & the tried & true method of getting customers to buy crap products or to read crap stories) is to work up those emotions to shove their own brains aside.

/soapbox

Blog Entries
    @RavensInsider: Anquan Boldin has passed his 49ers physical, according to a league source. That completes his trade from the Ravens

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Fare thee well Anquan, you will be remembered as a true raven.

Blog Entries

Just in time for the pass rusher.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore