Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
Greg the point was that no player was taking himself off the market for a week to find out if Boldin passed on not. It obviously didn't happen. For all we know the Ravens didn't try to make it happen because they knew there was no point in trying. pslholder96 is right. They decided the pick was worth more than the cap space.
So you think the Ravens would renig on the deal and keep Boldin?

I see what you are saying, but IMHO, if we offered a player more than any other team after said player shopped his services around for days, waiting a week is not a big deal IMHO. There is zero chance Boldin failing his physical would change that. The Ravens would simply release him immediately. The drawback IMHO would only be the Ravens doing something unprecedented and just pulling the offer because they want to...not because Boldin failed his physical.

I guess my point is whether he passes or fails his physical does not matter at all. If he passes he's gone. If he fails, he's gone. Either way he's gone...so they wouldn't be waiting just to find out if he passed.

Half these players are signing their deals 1-2-3 days after reaching an agreement anyway so it's not like once they come to an agreement, they are immediately signing.