Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: James Harrison cut

His agent says between Browns, Ravens and Saints. Good to have 3 teams as a player, gives you some bargaining power. No way he wants to play for Cleveland, using them for negotiation is my guess.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    There are two realities to this situation. The first is that Pittsburgh could not keep everybody. There is a reason why posters have criticized their recent change in strategy, pertaining to how they manage their salary cap. It has indeed slowly meant their end, because they have not drafted well. They went from winning the division, to second place and were 8-8 last season. This strategy of theirs' is going to cost them Mike Wallace, Casey Hampton, James Harrison and possibly Keenan Lewis.

Wallace is not the best fit for Todd Haley's system and Haley's misuse of him played a role in the tension there. Casey Hampton's absence will have a significant impact on Pittsburgh's run defense. James Harrison was already battling injuries and they do have Jason Worilds, but there is now a question as to what they will get from Lamar Woodley on the other side. Keenan Lewis was finally the CB they needed opposite Ike Taylor and he'll now be gone.

Although James Harrison has dealt with some injuries, his release is not a full indictment of him, so much as it is an indictment of the cap problems Pittsburgh is having.

The second reality is that James Harrison's agent is just doing his job. The way in which he's doing it gives me the belief that Harrison will have a difficult time finding the money he wants. He may be on the market for a while. So, while I don't necessarily think the Ravens are keying in on him immediately, there is a chance that his price could come down to their preference at some point.
    Harrison was healthy last year for the most part and the year before had the broken orbital bone once he got in shape, he was pretty good down the stretch.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tolucaraven View Post
    Harrison was healthy last year for the most part and the year before had the broken orbital bone once he got in shape, he was pretty good down the stretch.
    Lewis is long gone, expected to make 6-8 Million per year. They stopped trying and signed Gay.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tolucaraven View Post
    Lewis is long gone, expected to make 6-8 Million per year. They stopped trying and signed Gay.
    There was no way they ever had a shot at keeping Lewis.

Personally I don't see this happening, but I am not against whatever the Ravens deem fit. I see him going to the Browns or Saints, however we've been surprised by this frontoffice's moves in the past. Maybe they like what they see and I've heard the rumblings that there is mutual interest between the two parties.

If this is just a one year deal where he gets on the field and they have Ellerbe and may Upshaw/McClain maybe in the middle, why not? It would be Suggs, Ellerbe, Upshaw/McClain and Harrison = wow.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
    prepared to <spit> and <swear> at any minute.. blame it on PMS!

NEW AVATAR! I GOT A NEW AVATAR!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RavenMadness View Post
    I don't buy it until it happens. Agent could be trying to drum up interest.

Harrison

Ozzie has said today we are very interested. Maybe someone can find the quote.

Not sure what I'd make of us signing him. He's a damn good player and him, Suggs and upshaw rotating would be nice. He also wouldn't need to see as many snaps as he was in Pitts with upshaw there, so that will help with his injury.

But the guys an ass and as above, he's had bad knees and back lately, he's also what 36?

How would yous all feel?

Re: Harrison

Merge this, didnt see the other thread on him

Nope, don't want. We don't need to sign a 36 year old ILB.

Quote Originally Posted by alienrace View Post
    Nope, don't want. We don't need to sign a 36 year old ILB.
    He's an olb, you know the ones that has been one of the bets pass rushers the past few years apart from the season just gone?

Blog Entries

I have to say I'm incredible intrigued at the reception he would get were the Ravens to actually sign him. Since the Ravens and Steelers rivalry has really been the top in the NFL, no players have switched sides, especially a high profile one like Harrison. I don't know how I feel about it. I think he can contribute but I don't know about this.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52