Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Ozzie's nickname for the start of Free Agency in the NFL - Rip Van Ozzie

Quote Originally Posted by ActualSpamBot View Post
    Classic straw man.

No one said he's perfect. But what he is is a consistent and level headed winner who understands that winning in March means nothing in February. And while some fans haven't gotten the memo at any point in the last 17 years, those of us who have are simply waiting for him to do what he does exponentially more often than not. Sign a few undervalued guys who will flourish here, and then draft a couple instant starters and several key depth players to fill out yet another playoff roster.
    No, fact is some of you get a little square in the pants when anyone say's anything against him or if they think he's wrong about something. Everything isn't always going to be OK. You can sit on your high horses as much as you want like the guy can do no wrong. And while some fan's haven't gotten the memo in the last 12 years that journeymen and minimum fill in vets won't always lead you to a championship, those of us who can see that he occasionally does make a mistake or is wrong and is not afraid to say so will continue to be looked down upon. I'll be glad to say I was wrong at the end of next season, and there are still some players out there that I like, but it isn't looking promising right now.
    "What would you give for the man beside you?"

And the straw man continues and is compounded by ad hominem. Welcome to ignore.
    My motto was always to keep swinging. Whether I was in a slump or feeling badly or having trouble off the field, the only thing to do was keep swinging. -Hank Aaron

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ActualSpamBot View Post
    And the straw man continues and is compounded by ad hominem. Welcome to ignore.

Quote Originally Posted by Jayc00 View Post
    No, fact is some of you get a little square in the pants when anyone say's anything against him or if they think he's wrong about something. Everything isn't always going to be OK. You can sit on your high horses as much as you want like the guy can do no wrong. And while some fan's haven't gotten the memo in the last 12 years that journeymen and minimum fill in vets won't always lead you to a championship, those of us who can see that he occasionally does make a mistake or is wrong and is not afraid to say so will continue to be looked down upon. I'll be glad to say I was wrong at the end of next season, and there are still some players out there that I like, but it isn't looking promising right now.
    Wow, son, you have some serious reading comprehension issues. ASB said in the first line of his response, "No one said he's perfect." Sounds like you're the one getting "a little square in the pants."

That would be nice if it wasn't the same people every single offseason. People were saying the exact same thing last offseason, and the year before that. Yet after being proven wrong every year, here they are pumping out the same rhetoric. Isn't that the definition of insanity?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by riprulz8 View Post
    Wow, son, you have some serious reading comprehension issues. ASB said in the first line of his response, "No one said he's perfect." Sounds like you're the one getting "a little square in the pants."
    He doesn't have to say shit. It's how you all act.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GaTechRavens View Post
    That would be nice if it wasn't the same people every single offseason. People were saying the exact same thing last offseason, and the year before that. Yet after being proven wrong every year, here they are pumping out the same rhetoric. Isn't that the definition of insanity?
    I agree, some people do, do it every year. This is my first since he refused to do anything about the WR core a few years back that I'm not happy. The people who do it once in a while have every right to voice their opinion.

The Greater Metropolitan Granite Falls, NC Area

Mael-
    FWIW, I agree with you, and I think that many don't bother to read and digest a discussion in many threads.

those of us who can see that he occasionally does make a mistake or is wrong and is not afraid to say so will continue to be looked down upon. I'll be glad to say I was wrong at the end of next season, and there are still some players out there that I like, but it isn't looking promising right now.
    I don't look down upon those who say Ozzie has made mistakes. I do find those who think the sky is falling on the first day of free agency year in and year out are amusing. That is a big difference, though.

It isn't looking promising now? Look beyond today, this week, this month. Look to the draft. Look to the waiver wire during training camp. Look to see Ozzie hit on more decisions than he misses on. Savvy free agent pick ups, deftly drafting, and wavier wire wrangling are Ozzie's forte and it is the way that he delivers playoff caliber teams year in and year out, even if the team does not make the playoffs every year.

But we haven't had to worry about not making the playoffs for five years now, have we? And I believe it will be six years next season. I will still continue to put my trust in Ozzie and not sweat the small stuff, even if I am disparaged for it. Sound familiar?

I agree, some people do, do it every year. This is my first since he refused to do anything about the WR core a few years back that I'm not happy. The people who do it once in a while have every right to voice their opinion.
    Nobody is thrilled when we lose good players but what should the team do, overpay to keep them and get ourselves into a worse position down the road? Losing Boldin was the biggest disappointment to me, the dude was tough as hell a leader and one hell of a player. Right now, I really don't see a viable replacement for him out there.

The Greater Metropolitan Granite Falls, NC Area

RM--
    I think one key to the whole discussion is the concept that Ozzie has to deal with the actual business of running an NFL franchise while many are burdened with FFL issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Beau Petard View Post
    RM--
    I think one key to the whole discussion is the concept that Ozzie has to deal with the actual business of running an NFL franchise while many are burdened with FFL issues.
    Too funny!