The Curse of the Great Qbino

Does anybody here think that because of this trade that we won't win another championship for 86 years, while the 49ers win 26 over that period of time?

No?

Ok then, let's move on.

Blog Entries

Re: The Curse of the Great Qbino

it's times like these, we need a crickets smiley...

You could TRY to argue...Dilfer in 2001, Boldin in 2013...but even the Dilfer one, you can't really argue a curse. Orioles had more of a curse from 1996-2012, and that wasn't because of any CURSE, it's just because they sucked.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Quote Originally Posted by RavenScallywag View Post
    it's times like these, we need a crickets smiley...

You could TRY to argue...Dilfer in 2001, Boldin in 2013...but even the Dilfer one, you can't really argue a curse. Orioles had more of a curse from 1996-2012, and that wasn't because of any CURSE, it's just because they sucked.
    Well, after 1997, there were too many too choose from. You had Jon Miller, Davey Johnson, and Pat Gillick to start off with. And you could even through the signing of Albert Belle into that mix.

But what accounts for our WS appearance dry spell since 1983? I wasn't even born yet at the time.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Coastergenius View Post
    Well, after 1997, there were too many too choose from. You had Jon Miller, Davey Johnson, and Pat Gillick to start off with. And you could even through the signing of Albert Belle into that mix.

But what accounts for our WS appearance dry spell since 1983? I wasn't even born yet at the time.
    oh yeah, I forgot about Davey Johnson...that is probably it. And how did we beat the curse? Davey Johnson got back into the playoffs (with the Nationals)
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

I don't know why people always need to create a curse for everything. Why can't people understand that when you have 30 teams in a league that every team isn't going to win it all every year? Especially when a few of the teams are winning many of the championships.

Quote Originally Posted by RavenScallywag View Post
    oh yeah, I forgot about Davey Johnson...that is probably it. And how did we beat the curse? Davey Johnson got back into the playoffs (with the Nationals)
    I thought it was the Curse of John Denver ("Thank God I'm a Country Boy!"), who died in a plane crash on the same day that the O's lost a heartbreaking Game 4 of the 1997 ALCS (our last playoff series prior to 2012). But that begs the question: What caused the curse to be lifted last year?

Blog Entries

The only curse that's real is the Madden Curse.

Don't give me the megatron broke the curse bs either. What place did the Lions finish in after they were widely considered playoff contenders?

Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post

Don't give me the megatron broke the curse bs either. What place did the Lions finish in after they were widely considered playoff contenders?
    I assume you're joking. You could find something that didn't go well in every player in professional sports' seasons.

Blog Entries

Well, they finally broke the curse of Dilfer...

Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy

:word

That shit is real.

No Ravens on the cover please.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.