Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Re: David Reed = 2 year contract

Quote Originally Posted by fma780 View Post
    Uh, really? Didnt he fumble the ball twice in the Seahawks game 2 seasons ago?
    And then again against the steelers.

Good signing, but can he play MLB? How about S?

Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    Depth move. Reed is good on special teams.
    All I trust him with on special teams anymore is punt & kick coverage
    I've seen some very good return work, some horrible return work (@Seattle can never be forgotten), but mostly a guy on the injury report.

Like the O's & pitchers this year @ Spring Training, it doesn't hurt to have a lot of WRs (even some w/ game experience & a couple of NFL receptions). But the market could have set this price lower - and if we lost him - oh, well... There's still La Quan Williams, Deonte Thompson, Doss, Streeter already in the mix for ST and/or WR depth - maybe some even competing for Q's role - even before the draft.

Will never see David Reed as a priority. Hope he proves me wrong; you'll excuse me if I don't hold my breath.

Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    Depth move. Reed is good on special teams.
    I've seen some very good return work, some horrible return work (@Seattle can never be forgotten), but mostly a guy on the injury report.

Like the O's & pitchers this year @ Spring Training, it doesn't hurt to have a lot of WRs (even some w/ game experience & a couple of NFL receptions). But the market could have set this price lower - and if we lost him - oh, well... There's still La Quan Williams, Deonte Thompson, Doss, Streeter already in the mix for ST and/or WR depth - maybe some even competing for Q's role - and that's still before the draft.

Will never see David Reed as a priority. Hope he proves me wrong; you'll excuse me if I don't hold my breath.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker: M&T Sec 527 View Post

Like the O's & pitchers this year @ Spring Training, it doesn't hurt to have a lot of WRs (even some w/ game experience & a couple of NFL receptions). But the market could have set this price lower - and if we lost him - oh, well... There's still La Quan Williams, Deonte Thompson, Doss, Streeter already in the mix for ST and/or WR depth - maybe some even competing for Q's role - even before the draft.

Reed is a roster filler. Not sure why there is a big uproar about him being signed to a roster filler sized contract.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk