Page 5 of 29 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Re: Boldin Traded to 49ers

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    This will be Smith's 3rd year. Jones isn't exactly a top WR or a very experienced one (int terms of playing time).

If you just want to argue, please come to the table with more than that.
    Actually, the argument that Smith and Jones are not rookies is a good one. But I get it. It is all about the drama.

Hey, someone wake me up right before training camp when Ozzie still has a few chess pieces to move. Until then I'm not sweating anything.

The other side of this trade is the 49ers with Boldin, Crabtree and Davis is pretty scary.

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    All I am saying is Boldin has been around the league, not football, for a long time. We don't have that as of right now.
    I respect Boldin for his service and glad to have had him on our team. However, I think the Ravens have learned that keeping certain players too long isn't a good idea. Even more so given the potential of some of the guys sitting the bench.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigfish View Post
    The other side of this trade is the 49ers with Boldin, Crabtree and Davis is pretty scary.
    The problem is Boldin and Crabtree are basically the same style of receiver.

Fuck everything about this shit.

I don't give a damn about the pick we got back...and frankly, if any of you thought or think we could have gotten anything more than a 6th for a soon to be 33 year old WR who everybody complains about not getting open, you're nuts. This was a pure "get what we can" deal. The team was going to release him, this wasn't some serious trade negotiations where we would have kept him unless we got a higher pick...these clowns made the decision that he was gone no matter what over $2 million dollars.

$2 MILLION FUCKING DOLLARS!!! You just sign your QB to a crazy $120 million contract, infer that we will be making a transition to a more passing offense...meanwhile we have a fucking FB that will be on the field for 35% of the time making $5 million.

It's not fair to Leach, but every time I look at him on the field, I'll be reminded that the team actually chose a fullback that is going the way of the dinosaur over a guy who just steamrolled teams in the playoffs at WR.

This move makes so little sense to me...I'll be frank...it's STUPID when there are clearly other avenues we could have gone to get $2 million dollars.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Shambla View Post
    I think the frustration lies that for years we were yelling at Cam for not using Boldin in the way he was used in AZ. We finally fire Cam, Boldin pops into beast mode, and now he's gone.
    This. Ozzie better have something up his sleeve other than tandon doss. Doss = terry Allen = Elvis Grbac = no repeat.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bpmurr View Post
    I respect Boldin for his service and glad to have had him on our team. However, I think the Ravens have learned that keeping certain players too long isn't a good idea. Even more so given the potential of some of the guys sitting the bench.
    I am getting over the move, I think what you've said here makes sense. I am reserving my right to bitch about it later though.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mmi16 View Post
    Feature they should have gotten more than a 6th - but a 6th beats nothing.
    Keep in mind that the Ravens traded 3rd & 4th round draft picks in 2010 for Boldin and the Cardinals 5th rounder. Now the Ravens will have an extra late 6th round pick to use. It doesn't sound like much, but it's better than nothing... Bc

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post

I don't give a damn about the pick we got back...and frankly, if any of you thought or think we could have gotten anything more than a 6th for a soon to be 33 year old WR who everybody complains about not getting open, you're nuts. This was a pure "get what we can" deal. The team was going to release him, this wasn't some serious trade negotiations where we would have kept him unless we got a higher pick...these clowns made the decision that he was gone no matter what over $2 million dollars.

$2 MILLION FUCKING DOLLARS!!! You just sign your QB to a crazy $120 million contract, infer that we will be making a transition to a more passing offense...meanwhile we have a fucking FB that will be on the field for 35% of the time making $5 million.

It's not fair to Leach, but every time I look at him on the field, I'll be reminded that the team actually chose a fullback that is going the way of the dinosaur over a guy who just steamrolled teams in the playoffs at WR.

This move makes so little sense to me...I'll be frank...it's STUPID when there are clearly other avenues we could have gone to get $2 million dollars.
    I couldn't have said it better. This is one of the dumbest moves I have ever seen this team make.

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post

I agree with everything here, though I suspect Leach may still be cut. I think the team vastly underestimated Boldin's contributions to the playoff run and his possible contributions in 2013 under Caldwell. Obviously this 'estimate' is relative to their estimate of Doss' talent or whoever we will use to replace Boldin, but I still think 2013 Boldin will be >>>> 2013 Boldin replacement, such that the cap 'savings' isn't close to worth it, and such that the move will look very unwise overall. There are several areas we could have squeezed that money from (including Leach if he ends up staying) that would have made us a better team than the one we will be without Boldin, imo.

Tandon Doss?

Dude is a fucking zero. Always has been. He's Demetrius Williams without the speed.

I'm irritated that we gave the guy away, but as always we need to give Ozzie until September to finish painting next year's picture. But if Doss is penciled in as a major player, I will be pissed.

WORLD CHAMPIONS 2000 * 2012

Quote Originally Posted by Purpleguy View Post
    I couldn't have said it better. This is one of the dumbest moves I have ever seen this team make.
    What if he was replaced by Cruz or Amendola?