Page 90 of 114 FirstFirst ... 8889909192 ... LastLast
Results 1,069 to 1,080 of 1367
    Good grief...Sportscenter has been showing live Redskins OTA'S coverage with the camera trained on RGIII for the last 10 minutes with live commentary from Brian Dawkins.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Blog Entries

Re: Free Agent & Other Player Moves from Around the NFL

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    Good grief...Sportscenter has been showing live Redskins OTA'S coverage with the camera trained on RGIII for the last 10 minutes with live commentary from Brian Dawkins.
    Next January RGIII will be at home watching Joe Flacco on Sportscenter... Bc

I have been watching quite a bit of Cruz on tape over the past two weeks. He is a superior technician and should be locked-up asap. But what's the cost of securing two WRs for the next 4-6 years? $60M? $75M? That's a lot of coin at one position for a franchise that seems to value its WRs as much as NE does.

And speaking of NE, with my Belichick hat on, I'd strongly consider trading Nicks and moving ahead with Cruz, Murphy and Randle. I'd also find a way to get Jerrel Jernigan on the field for 10-14 snaps/game. He's a 3rd rounder stuck behind Cruz on the depth chart...get him on the field somehow.
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post

Expect a lot of leg humping for the QB class of 2012 for a long time to come.
    Of course, this could be a counter-balance to all the 2012 Tebow-humping that went on.
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Looks like the Giants are going to have off-season issues with both Victor Cruz and Hakeem Nicks...can't pay everyone I guess, but keeping two high-priced receivers is not going to be easy.

Edit: Seems like the Giants are in the process of re-signing Ramses Barden, so that would make sense if Nicks and/or Cruz hold out.
    Wonder if SF would come in a make a play for either Cruz or Nicks. Doubt NY would trade Cruz but if the offer is good enough for Nicks, who knows?

Maybe O/T. Eh....

Jim Harbaugh didn't get the Lombardi but he'll be driving the pace car at the Indy 500.

http://www.autoblog.com/2013/05/23/j...gray-pace-car/

Quote Originally Posted by MD Boy View Post
    Wonder if SF would come in a make a play for either Cruz or Nicks. Doubt NY would trade Cruz but if the offer is good enough for Nicks, who knows?
    SF would have to offer the farm for Nicks and I don't think just a No. 1 would do it!

Blog Entries

In most offensive systems, off the top of my head, there is one WR that the system revolves around. The other WRs are usually meant to be interchangeable. For example. In New England, that WR was Wes Welker. The TEs played a role as well. So, it didn't matter as much who were the outside WRs.

Here, that guy is Torrey Smith, because Smith draws the double team that opens up opportunities for the rest of the WRs. Smith is going to get paid, but don't expect any of the team's other WRs to get paid close to what Smith will get, unless they light the world on fire.

New York will have to decide who that guy is going to be for them.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Quote Originally Posted by MD Boy View Post
    Maybe O/T. Eh....

Jim Harbaugh didn't get the Lombardi but he'll be driving the pace car at the Indy 500.

http://www.autoblog.com/2013/05/23/j...gray-pace-car/
    Here's hoping he doesn't put anybody into the wall.
    "This space for rent" - Roger Goodell

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    He had 1 really good game last year.

It is kind of hard to get on the field when you're playing behind two of the best receivers in the NFL. I'm not necessarily disagreeing with you, but Barden was a small school project to begin with and ended up behind a 1st rounder (Nicks) and a UDFA who came out of nowhere to put up back to back 1000+ yard seasons.
    Barden has been on the market for months now with no interest. The guy has great measurables but just doesn't know how to play the game. Even that Panthers game wasn't enough to get another team to take a chance on him. With all the receivers we've talked about since Boldin left I can't remember even 1 poster writing that the Ravens should look at Ramses Barden.

If Nicks became available and the Ravens wanted to make a play for him what is the most that they should offer?

I would be behind a 2nd in 2014 and a conditional 4th in 2015 that could be bumped up to as high as a 3rd depending on production.

Quote Originally Posted by TDL1000 View Post
    If Nicks became available and the Ravens wanted to make a play for him what is the most that they should offer?

I would be behind a 2nd in 2014 and a conditional 4th in 2015 that could be bumped up to as high as a 3rd depending on production.
    That wouldn't get it done.

Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.