Blog Entries

Re: Free Agent & Other Player Moves from Around the NFL

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Max Starks signs with the Chargers...
    Did they trade him for Jared Gaither? :D ... Bc

Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    Brian Urlacher retires
    So, he's HOF eligible the same year as Ray. Does that hurt him, or did he not have much chance to begin with?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    Did they trade him for Jared Gaither? :D ... Bc
    Maybe. They also drafted DJ Fluker, who will probably play RT, and they signed King Dunlap, who will probably compete with Starks to start at LT.

Neither of those guys have anywhere near the talent that Gaither had, but at least they'll be on the field come game day.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Max Starks signs with the Chargers.

I don't know about the rest of you, but I am pretty happy about this because it means that the Steelers are pretty much stuck with who they've got and their OT's are pretty bad.
    Really interesting that they seemingly made little effort to retain him. Who are the Steelers going with at LT Marcus Gilbert? Mike Adams?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    Was it a big difference in $? All things equal he may regret getting beat every game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Denver's deal was worth up to $3.7 mill and the Raiders offered him up to $4.3mill. Not a huge difference. However, the Raiders offer was $1.8 mill base salary...no idea what Denver's base salary offer was. My guess is less than $1.8 mill.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Justlovemybirds View Post
    Really interesting that they seemingly made little effort to retain him. Who are the Steelers going with at LT Marcus Gilbert? Mike Adams?
    They also signed Guy Whimper and they have Joe Long (Jake Long's little brother).

My guess is they'll let Gilbert and Adam compete for the LT position. Gilbert seems more of a heavy-footed linemen, so not sure how he'd work at OT in general...let alone LT.

If last season was any indication, Mike Adams at LT is going to be an issue for the Steelers all year long. He looked bad last year. Really bad.

Blog Entries

Maybe. They also drafted DJ Fluker, who will probably play RT, and they signed King Dunlap, who will probably compete with Starks to start at LT.

Neither of those guys have anywhere near the talent that Gaither had, but at least they'll be on the field come game day.
    They could alternatively slot Fluker in at guard where he could be great, play Dunlap at RT and Starks at LT. Pretty beefy unit there.

Blog Entries

They also signed Guy Whimper and they have Joe Long (Jake Long's little brother).

My guess is they'll let Gilbert and Adam compete for the LT position. Gilbert seems more of a heavy-footed linemen, so not sure how he'd work at OT in general...let alone LT.

If last season was any indication, Mike Adams at LT is going to be an issue for the Steelers all year long. He looked bad last year. Really bad.
    Adams was pretty good as a run blocker from RT, but he REALLY struggled in pass pro, like really really struggled. If he wasn't as long as he is, he'd probably make a good guard, but RT seems like the only position for him. They probably have no choice but to go with Gilbert at LT.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    They could alternatively slot Fluker in at guard where he could be great, play Dunlap at RT and Starks at LT. Pretty beefy unit there.
    That is probably what I would do, or at least consider if I were one of the Charger's offensive coaches.

Quote Originally Posted by dreamjo View Post
    So, he's HOF eligible the same year as Ray. Does that hurt him, or did he not have much chance to begin with?
    Urlacher is a slam dunk HOFer.

I think he and Ray are first ballot guys.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Apparently Michael Crabtree tore his achilles yesterday.

That sucks

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    Apparently Michael Crabtree tore his achilles yesterday.

That sucks

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Where did you hear that? I'm in SF now and haven't heard anything about it.