Page 81 of 114 FirstFirst ... 7980818283 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Jets release Tebow.

Someone will start a Tebow to the Ravens thread in 3, 2, 1 ....
    Whichever team takes him should just move him to H-back and let him play a season there. The kid has serious athletic ability, but I'm pretty sure Sam Koch has a better arm.
    My motto was always to keep swinging. Whether I was in a slump or feeling badly or having trouble off the field, the only thing to do was keep swinging. -Hank Aaron

Blog Entries

Re: Free Agent & Other Player Moves from Around the NFL

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Jets release Tebow.

Someone will start a Tebow to the Ravens thread in 3, 2, 1 ....
    Dear God, I hope not.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Jax should sign Tebow to sell tickets if for nothing else. It's not as though Gabbert or Henne are world beaters anyway, and they didn't draft a QB this year.

Blog Entries

I can't believe they waited this long to cut Tebow.

I will always be thankful for Tebow.

Here's a guy who has one of the worst arms in football, yet found a way to eliminate the Steelers from the playoffs by doing what? Throwing the football!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ActualSpamBot View Post
    Whichever team takes him should just move him to H-back and let him play a season there. The kid has serious athletic ability, but I'm pretty sure Sam Koch has a better arm.
    Hes not that good at H-back either though.

bad quality but you get the point...

IMO, hed be best at FB and even then im not sure at a NFL caliber.
    -JAB

Quote Originally Posted by Dirt1 View Post
    Jax should sign Tebow to sell tickets if for nothing else. It's not as though Gabbert or Henne are world beaters anyway, and they didn't draft a QB this year.
    The "Tebow will sell tickets!" assumption is a classic case in truthiness. But, of course, it won't work, and if a bad team/one with a shaky QB picks Tebow up the ensuing circus would almost certainly derail the entire franchise, at least for that season. I'd say there's a far better chance that Tebow doesn't even get a job offer, especially if he's refusing to play TE, or something other than QB.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    I can't believe they waited this long to cut Tebow.
    They must have really thought they would be able to trade him during the draft. Given the 1st round contract he's still under they should have known better.

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    They must have really thought they would be able to trade him during the draft. Given the 1st round contract he's still under they should have known better.
    So the Jets bring him to New York last year, create a media circus for him to deal with, and then never play him. Now they wait until after the draft to cut him. Had they cut him prior to the draft there is a chance some other team in the NFL signs him, but now you figure anyone who would consider him probably just used a draft pick on a QB. Isn't that a little dickish of the Jets?

Although I say realizing the Jaguars didn't take a quarterback (Denard Robinson notwithstanding). Does that make you believe the Jets tried to trade Tebow to them and the Jags realized they could just wait until he's cut and not bother looking at QBs in draft?

Blog Entries

Schefter just tweeted that the Jets tried to trade Tebow, but the teams interested wanted Tebow to play TE which Tebow didn't want to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    Schefter just tweeted that the Jets tried to trade Tebow, but the teams interested wanted Tebow to play TE which Tebow didn't want to do.
    The Jets were deluded to think Tebow was capable of being an NFL quarterback in the first place. So it makes sense for them to think he had value to another team.

Tebow is deluded if he thinks he'll ever be an NFL quarterback. Never has another person received so much attention for being mediocre. I will credit him with having a strangely successful season of last minute miracles. But I will always remember him for was what I consider the most embarrassing defeat of the Steelers in their history.

Blog Entries

If I was Tebow I would be very excited about the CFL. Tebow wants to play. He doesn't want to sit on a bench. The CFL is the perfect place for him to try and learn the position. There is a long history of NFL quarterbacks going to the CFL and then coming back later, think Moon, Flutie and Garcia. Even if the money is better here the opportunity for Tebow will be greater in Canada. The money also might not be so bad because he absolutely will sell tickets.