Page 79 of 114 FirstFirst ... 7778798081 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Free Agent & Other Player Moves from Around the NFL

Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    Draft picks are like gold so it's a big risk. You can draft a good player and get them for wholesale price for 4 years or pay 16 mil for revis and have him leave after giving up your first plus other picks.

I'm not a fan of paying corners. We won with Corey graham and Cary Williams. It's all about qb and pass rushers.
    You make a whole lot of sense here. I'd just like to add that the Bucs probably didn't have to give up their 1st round pick in 2013, if they had remained patient (like Ozzie). I would bet that the Jets woulds have accepted the Bucs 2nd round pick in 2013 and 4th round pick in 2014 ... Bc

In a Draft filled with CB and S value, this is not a good counter-move by TB.
    I would have gone a different direction to keep up with ATL and NO.
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver

Quote Originally Posted by BigPlayReceiver View Post
    In a Draft filled with CB and S value, this is not a good counter-move by TB.
    I would have gone a different direction to keep up with ATL and NO.
    You can see what they are thinking, however, with Brees and that passing offense, and with Ryan and all the receiving weapons in Atlanta.

May not be sound thinking vis-a-vis the draft, but clearly they are countering what they see as the biggest obstacle to winning in that division.

Quote Originally Posted by Shas View Post
    You can see what they are thinking, however, with Brees and that passing offense, and with Ryan and all the receiving weapons in Atlanta.

May not be sound thinking vis-a-vis the draft, but clearly they are countering what they see as the biggest obstacle to winning in that division.
    Yes sir. I totally see it. WRT desired outcome, I can't blame them really. Just too expensive of a solution in my own little mock GM world : )
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver

Blog Entries

Interesting overview on SiriusNFL this morning. Tampa has had more home games blacked out in the past few years than any other team.

A big part of this is wanting to put butts in seats...maybe they should've taken Tebow too ;)

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    Interesting overview on SiriusNFL this morning. Tampa has had more home games blacked out in the past few years than any other team.

A big part of this is wanting to put butts in seats...maybe they should've taken Tebow too ;)
    I don't know if a CB is going to sell tickets. I guess they feel they just need some star power.

Blog Entries

I don't know what to make of the reports of Miami trying to get Brandon Albert and the big contract that they'd have to step up to. Makes little sense to me considering how high their first pick is and also that they just let Long walk.

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    I don't know what to make of the reports of Miami trying to get Brandon Albert and the big contract that they'd have to step up to. Makes little sense to me considering how high their first pick is and also that they just let Long walk.
    Dumb dumb dumb

Jake Long got 8.5 mil a year. The Dolphins are reportedly willing to meet Albert's demands of around 9 mil a year. Why didn't they just sign Jake Long and keep their high 2nd round pick?

Strange. Maybe they thought that Long was permanently tainted in some regard, and that $9M was the "right (fair) price", but Long wasn't the "right player"?

@BigPlayReceiver

Ive been pondering this KO to LT idea. I think he could fit out there well given that he has the measurements and the ability to do it. My biggest concern is moving him out of that LG spot. That would give us KO - ___ - Gino - Yanda - Oher. If we don't draft a suitable Guard I would be interested in looking at a guy like Winston and moving Oher inside. Obviously the cap is going to be the issue, but they've been sitting in Free Agency for a while adn the stock is dropping slightly (thought not signficantly). I think KO - Oher - Gino - Yanda - Winston/Smith/Clabo could be interesting
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Quote Originally Posted by runrayrun27 View Post
    Ive been pondering this KO to LT idea. I think he could fit out there well given that he has the measurements and the ability to do it. My biggest concern is moving him out of that LG spot. That would give us KO - ___ - Gino - Yanda - Oher. If we don't draft a suitable Guard I would be interested in looking at a guy like Winston and moving Oher inside. Obviously the cap is going to be the issue, but they've been sitting in Free Agency for a while adn the stock is dropping slightly (thought not signficantly). I think KO - Oher - Gino - Yanda - Winston/Smith/Clabo could be interesting
    If the FO is going in this direction then _____ = Justin Pugh. Book it.
    If he's gone then expect us to trade up to ensure we land David Quessenberry in round N or David Bakhtiari in round N+1.

Either way, it's a tell on "KO to LT" IMO...and even if we draft an OT 1) after Pugh or 2) other than Quessenberry, it's the same tell, b/c based upon how we tend to draft, that drafted OT will be in effect an insurance policy against not getting a deal done with Oher, and simply moving on from Oher.

@BigPlayReceiver

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BigPlayReceiver View Post
    If the FO is going in this direction then _____ = Justin Pugh. Book it.
    If he's gone then expect us to trade up to ensure we land David Quessenberry in round N or David Bakhtiari in round N+1.

Either way, it's a tell on "KO to LT" IMO...and even if we draft an OT 1) after Pugh or 2) other than Quessenberry, it's the same tell, b/c based upon how we tend to draft, that drafted OT will be in effect an insurance policy against not getting a deal done with Oher, and simply moving on from Oher.
    Pugh would be an ideal pick for the LG position.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.