Page 73 of 114 FirstFirst ... 7172737475 ... LastLast

Re: Free Agent & Other Player Moves from Around the NFL

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    Young just doesn't have the ability to run an offense and his legs aren't what they used to be. He was given a chance in Philly, he was given a chance in Buffalo and he couldn't even beat one of those guys out. I doubt he signs anywhere in the NFL but maybe as a backup
    Lady Quinn just got another deal. Vince Young showed a hell of a lot more potential than he ever has. Vince has a winning record and a couple of pro bowl appearances. He just needed to get his mind right. He could always play, and now his throwing motion looks like a real QB. He may never win you a SB, but there can not be 50 better QBs out there. He is not a good enough player to keep around if he is pouting or a problem, but he should win the starting job for the Raiders if he is focused.

:T2:

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremiah W View Post
    Lady Quinn just got another deal. Vince Young showed a hell of a lot more potential than he ever has. Vince has a winning record and a couple of pro bowl appearances. He just needed to get his mind right. He could always play, and now his throwing motion looks like a real QB. He may never win you a SB, but there can not be 50 better QBs out there. He is not a good enough player to keep around if he is pouting or a problem, but he should win the starting job for the Raiders if he is focused.
    All I keep hearing is how nice a guy Quinn is. He sucked last year when given a chance for the Chiefs. Yet somehow he ends up with another job. It reminds me an awful lot of Kyle Boller who was terrible after he left Baltimore but kept on getting resigned. I think teams like backups who don't make waves and are content to sit on the bench. That could be part of the issue with Vince Young. Young wants to play.

Blog Entries

I still say Vince 'one read and run' Young will have a similar year to last year; some team will bring him in and he'll end up getting cut in preseason. He's just not an NFL QB

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremiah W View Post
    Yea well, Kordell Stewart had a couple of pro-bowl appearances also - and for the same reason: the media and fans were so enamored with their open-field running, they overlooked the fact that neither could actually throw the ball very well - which is still the primary skill necessary to be a good QB.

In 50 career starts (60 games total), VY has thrown more picks (51) than TDs (46), with a career comp % of 57.9, and a QB rating of 74.4. That's not a recipe for long-term success in the NFL, I don't care how good your wheels are. Add in the fact that he flat-out quit on his team, and I think I could find 50 QBs I'd rather have (though Quinn's probably not one of them)

ETA: And if you want to add in the running element, he has 12 rushing TDs, and 21 fumbles lost. So a total of 58 TDs, 72 turnovers.
    Last edited by MarkS; 04-12-2013 at 12:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MarkS View Post
    Yea well, Kordell Stewart had a couple of pro-bowl appearances also - and for the same reason: the media and fans were so enamored with their open-field running, they overlooked the fact that neither could actually throw the ball very well - which is still the primary skill necessary to be a good QB.

In 50 career starts (60 games total), VY has thrown more picks (51) than TDs (46), with a career comp % of 57.9, and a QB rating of 74.4. That's not a recipe for long-term success in the NFL, I don't care how good your wheels are. Add in the fact that he flat-out quit on his team, and I think I could find 50 QBs I'd rather have (though Quinn's probably not one of them)

ETA: And if you want to add in the running element, he has 12 rushing TDs, and 21 fumbles lost. So a total of 58 TDs, 72 turnovers.
    That is a fair argument and also the main reason why he is out of work right now. Despite turning the ball over a lot, and all the other issues that got him cut, he still went like 30-19 as a starter with a knack for the 4th q drive.
    Now last I saw him play he did not look good, but he was not all that bad at his worst and was hard to beat at his best. He seems to have a much quicker and over the top delivery than before, and he does not have to be a great passer as long as he is still able to be a dangerous runner. Tim Tebow was able to beat the steelers in a playoff game. There is more of a place in th nfl than ever for the dual threat qb so long as they are a legit dual threat and not overly weak in any key area.

Bengals close to a deal with James Harrison, per Adam Shefter.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Bengals close to a deal with James Harrison, per Adam Shefter.
    I bet he's not getting 6M

Pitt is matching the pats offer sheet for Emmanuel Sanders.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    Pitt is matching the pats offer sheet for Emmanuel Sanders.
    Good, I guess the Pats ploy worked. Pitt will keep him for one year then he's gone.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    Good, I guess the Pats ploy worked. Pitt will keep him for one year then he's gone.
    That means they're going to have to cut/re-structure someone else because right now they don't have enough cap space to sign all of their draft picks.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    That means they're going to have to cut/re-structure someone else because right now they don't have enough cap space to sign all of their draft picks.
    He is worth 2.5 though I was a little suprised they did not just take the 3rd round pick and control a guy just like him for 4 years 2.5m instead of 1.

The steelers are not ready to go into rebuild mode. They rightfully feel they were good enough last year had a few things gone their way in a couple of games. They lost a lot so far ut there is still the draft and late free agency, and cap issues or not I expect to see a very dangerous 53 from them when the games start.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Cue Head & Shoulders