Page 71 of 114 FirstFirst ... 6970717273 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Free Agent & Other Player Moves from Around the NFL

Quote Originally Posted by ctulb View Post
    The Pats really love screwing teams over don't they? Happy about this one though, consensus seems to be Steelers will have a hard time matching with their cap issues
    That is great. The Patriots will be missing their 3rd, 4th and 6th round picks. They will give up their 3rd for Sanders, and they've already given up their 4th for Talib and 6th for Ochostinko.

I don't know why the Pats are always wasting these picks on receivers who never produce in their offense. A 3rd rounder for a player who will be the 4th/5th option on passing plays even if he is a starter?

I'm glad they seem content to continue doing this, I just find it strange is all.

Quote Originally Posted by TheSpiderWebb View Post
    I don't know why the Pats are always wasting these picks on receivers who never produce in their offense. A 3rd rounder for a player who will be the 4th/5th option on passing plays even if he is a starter?

I'm glad they seem content to continue doing this, I just find it strange is all.
    He might get a decent shot there, who else do they have besides Amendola right now?

I think the leader of the Dark Side is starting to hear the Brady clock ticking more and more loudly....
    "Flacco stepping up and throwing deep down the far sideline... CAUGHT!!! Into the endzone, TOUCHDOWN JACOBY JONES!!!!!"

Blog Entries

How many years does Brady have left? I think they're a little panic stricken that they have to get him the weapons to win now before it's too late. But guess what... it's too late ;)

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

This year is different to previous years when they appeared to be stockpiling solid receivers - they lost Lloyd as well as Welker. ATM their top 4 wide receivers are Amendola, Michael Jenkins, Donald Jones and Matthew Slater. Sanders would probably be a number 2 or number 3 this year.

I quite like this move from their point of view - pick up a solid WR with good speed and decent hands.

If I was a Steeler I'd be worried to go into the season with just Antonio Brown as a proven NFL receiver, but it's not like their WR core is miles ahead of us (albeit with an injured TE). They'll still be competitive.

This is funny as hell. Hope the sqeelers lose him. If they do, I'm sure a WR will be their first pick. Sanders is a ok WR , he will pan out in NE. But the sqeelers has to be sweating big time. If they don't match, they got Brown, plax, and Cotchery. Miller hurting. Now if we can just get max Stark to sign.
    I'm going to enjoy this year here. Ravens baby

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by inexplicable View Post
    This year is different to previous years when they appeared to be stockpiling solid receivers - they lost Lloyd as well as Welker. ATM their top 4 wide receivers are Amendola, Michael Jenkins, Donald Jones and Matthew Slater. Sanders would probably be a number 2 or number 3 this year.

I quite like this move from their point of view - pick up a solid WR with good speed and decent hands.

If I was a Steeler I'd be worried to go into the season with just Antonio Brown as a proven NFL receiver, but it's not like their WR core is miles ahead of us (albeit with an injured TE). They'll still be competitive.
    I don't see how the Steelers are ahead of us in the WR department. I didn't even think that when they had Wallace in 2012, I thought our WRs were great last year, obviously its been downgraded with Boldin gone.

I'd take Jacoby, Torrey, and Pitta over Brown, Miller, and Cotchery.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    I don't see how the Steelers are ahead of us in the WR department. I didn't even think that when they had Wallace in 2012, I thought our WRs were great last year, obviously its been downgraded with Boldin gone.

I'd take Jacoby, Torrey, and Pitta over Brown, Miller, and Cotchery.

Whoops, I said that the wrong way round - I meant "it's not like our WR core is miles ahead of theirs".

I completely agree that we have a better receiving core, especially when comparing TEs. The point I was trying to make is that if most people on this board are happy with Smith, Jacoby and Doss pre-draft, we can't say that the Steelers having Brown, Cotchery and Burress is the end of the world.

I'm confused as to why the Pats offer would only be for 1 year if they have to give up a 3rd rounder. Anyone have any insight into that?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Novakov View Post
    I'm confused as to why the Pats offer would only be for 1 year if they have to give up a 3rd rounder. Anyone have any insight into that?
    I know his tender from Pitt was one year but to give up a 3rd for a one year deal is a head scratcher. It may be that they'll end up signing him to a longer term. I am out of ideas...

Without searching this entire thread, has their been conversation about Steve Breaston. Last time I checked he is still unsigned after being released in KC. I know he's had knee troubles but read he didn't need surgery. I wonder if teams are waiting to see what kind of shape he's in closer to training camp. He would be the kind of guy you look at on a short deal if you don't find a legitimate receiving option in the draft.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Shas View Post
    Without searching this entire thread, has their been conversation about Steve Breaston. Last time I checked he is still unsigned after being released in KC. I know he's had knee troubles but read he didn't need surgery. I wonder if teams are waiting to see what kind of shape he's in closer to training camp. He would be the kind of guy you look at on a short deal if you don't find a legitimate receiving option in the draft.
    I think his gimpy knee is scarying teams away. http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...g-knee-surgery