Page 62 of 114 FirstFirst ... 6061626364 ... LastLast

Re: Free Agent & Other Player Moves from Around the NFL

Quote Originally Posted by Terpsfan82 View Post
    First of all, Harbaugh is a damn good coach. He's not going to bring in one of the best man to man corners in the league and force him to play a wide 9 zone concept. That was stupid of Andy Reid to allow that to happen. Second, Russell Wilson is just as likely to suffer a sophomore slump as Kapearnick. Again, just my opinion, but that front seven with Nnamdi in the secondary spells trouble for Niners opponents.
    Yea I see what you're saying. And yea why did they run that in Philly? Made no sense. I think the Seahawks offense is better than the 49ers. Also, I feel as if the 49ers are too concerned with this "arms race". I mean we'll see both teams should be playing well into January.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Terpsfan82 View Post
    Nnamdi to the 49ers. They are going to be a scary good team.
    Name one impact play he has made in the past 2 years. He can't play zone he can't play man or move sideline to sideline. Way over rated and got old overnight IMO

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    Name one impact play he has made in the past 2 years. He can't play zone he can't play man or move sideline to sideline. Way over rated and got old overnight IMO
    Asomugha signed a very interesting deal. It has no guaranteed money. He's that confident in his own ability. I saw the same thing you did last year and am curious as to how he thinks he can fix this.

Blog Entries

Asomugha is just a name at this point.

Asomugha allowed a high 66.7% catch rate, a high 15.9 yards per catch, five touchdowns and had only one interception.

Blog Entries

Nnamdi's bread and butter has always been man-to-man and jamming receivers at the LOS.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

What I'd like to know is what is Buddy Nix smoking in Buffalo. I mean I don't think shit of Fitzpatrick but he is head and shoulders better than Kolb.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Spider Webb View Post
    I don't know about that. I think they're making a mistake by bringing in Nnamdi. He's just not that good. It seems as if they want to do anything to get back to SB, but I think Seattle takes that division. I think Kap might have a sophomore (well junior) slump.
    Philly made him play zone more often than not. Hes a press cover corner. At 3million, hes roughly half of what Cary Williams cost. Id say at worst hes an above average corner and they basically paid him to be depth. More than likely hes a starter for them, and returns somewhat to past form since they mostly play man.
    -JAB

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Nnamdi's bread and butter has always been man-to-man and jamming receivers at the LOS.
    And the 49ers run almost exclusively man coverage. Nnamdi is not what he used to be, but going to San Francisco gives him the best possible chance of resurrecting his career. He's a great scheme fit, they have a ton of talent in front of him to pressure the QB, and he's not going to be expected to "save" the secondary. They already have 3 decent-to-good corners in Carlos Rogers, Tarrell Brown, and Chris Culliver. I imagine he'll probably beat Culliver for the #3 CB spot and he'll be able to help in that role.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Silver View Post
    What I'd like to know is what is Buddy Nix smoking in Buffalo. I mean I don't think shit of Fitzpatrick but he is head and shoulders better than Kolb.
    The only thing I can think is that Fitzpatrick was unwilling to reduce his salary so the Bills had to let him go. I don't like Kolb either and would much rather have Fitz.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    The only thing I can think is that Fitzpatrick was unwilling to reduce his salary so the Bills had to let him go. I don't like Kolb either and would much rather have Fitz.
    Between Kolb nd Fitzpatrick...IMO it is kind of 6 in one hand, half dozen in the other.

Kolb has a much better arm and is pretty mobile, but he isn't nearly as accurate and has even less of a resume than Fitzpatrick.

Fitzpatrick, on the other hand, has a mediocre arm, but is fairly accurate.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Between Kolb nd Fitzpatrick...IMO it is kind of 6 in one hand, half dozen in the other.

Kolb has a much better arm and is pretty mobile, but he isn't nearly as accurate and has even less of a resume than Fitzpatrick.

Fitzpatrick, on the other hand, has a mediocre arm, but is fairly accurate.
    Kolb is never on the field and Fitzpatrick hasn't missed too many games since becoming a starter. I wish the Ravens had signed Fitzpatrick but I'm not sure he would have come anyway. Locker has been shaky which gives Fitz a chance to play. Flacco has been a rock. Don't sign as a Ravens backup QB unless you really like carrying a clipboard.

Blog Entries

Good to see Brian Banks getting a chance with Atlanta.