Page 62 of 92 FirstFirst ... 125258596061626364656672 ... LastLast
Results 916 to 930 of 1367
  1. #916
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    over by the dental floss bush
    Posts
    17,949
    Blog Entries
    1


    Wonder if the Jets would use one of those firsts on a QB. Maybe the kid from Syracuse or NCState
    World Domination 3 Points at a Time!




  2. #917
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    "Merry old England"
    Posts
    9,307
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Free Agent & Other Player Moves from Around the NFL

    Are the Bucs fucking stupid or what?

    Still trying to get my head over this lol.




  3. #918
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    over by the dental floss bush
    Posts
    17,949
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    Are the Bucs fucking stupid or what?

    Still trying to get my head over this lol.
    Well they used a 1st on a corner in 09 and traded him with their 7th for a 4th last year, now they get the most expensive corner in the league coming off an acl. Yes. Yes they are
    World Domination 3 Points at a Time!




  4. #919
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Watford, England
    Posts
    1,431

    Re: Free Agent & Other Player Moves from Around the NFL

    Adam Schefter @AdamSchefter
    Darrelle Revis received a 6-yr deal from the Bucs that makes him highest paid DB in NFL history but includes NO guaranteed money. None.
    Well, at least the Bucs aren't 100% stupid
    "Flacco stepping up and throwing deep down the far sideline... CAUGHT!!! Into the endzone, TOUCHDOWN JACOBY JONES!!!!!"




  5. #920
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Frederick, MD
    Posts
    31,857
    Blog Entries
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    Wonder if the Jets would use one of those firsts on a QB. Maybe the kid from Syracuse or NCState
    EJ Manuel.

    Sent from my DROID X2 using Forum Runner
    Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer.

    -Arnold Schwarzenegger



    Check out Fatherhood Rules - a blog site dedicated to sports, food, music, movies, and politics.
    http://fatherhoodrules.com




  6. #921

    Re: Free Agent & Other Player Moves from Around the NFL

    They are paying him $16 million a year. Guess TB really got tired of having a bunch of cap space.




  7. #922
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    "Merry old England"
    Posts
    9,307
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Free Agent & Other Player Moves from Around the NFL

    I'd wait for the 2nd round and take Nassib, and use my two first rounders on blue chip prospects. I'd take Ansah, and Shariff Floyd or something, or maybe even Tavon Austin.




  8. #923

    Re: Free Agent & Other Player Moves from Around the NFL

    Quote Originally Posted by rd1z View Post
    They are paying him $16 million a year. Guess TB really got tired of having a bunch of cap space.
    No guaranteed money.

    And the other picks are conditional.

    IMHO...it's not a bad deal for the Bucs.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.




  9. #924
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Watford, England
    Posts
    1,431

    Re: Free Agent & Other Player Moves from Around the NFL

    Albert Breer @AlbertBreer
    Also, Jets take a $12 million dead-money cap hit for trading Revis. Had they kept him, his cap charge would've been $9 million.
    Other side of the coin... Jets better hit on those picks
    "Flacco stepping up and throwing deep down the far sideline... CAUGHT!!! Into the endzone, TOUCHDOWN JACOBY JONES!!!!!"




  10. #925

    Re: Free Agent & Other Player Moves from Around the NFL

    Quote Originally Posted by ctulb View Post
    Other side of the coin... Jets better hit on those picks
    Exactly.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.




  11. #926
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Wilton, CT
    Posts
    16,037
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: Free Agent & Other Player Moves from Around the NFL

    Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    No guaranteed money.

    And the other picks are conditional.

    IMHO...it's not a bad deal for the Bucs.
    It will be guaranteed if he plays the 1st game of the season. The Bucs aren't going to throw away their 1st round pick by cutting Revis. That 1st years $16 million is as good as guaranteed. Next season Revis will just hold out until he gets another deal.
    He Who Dares.....Wins




  12. #927

    Re: Free Agent & Other Player Moves from Around the NFL

    Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    It will be guaranteed if he plays the 1st game of the season. The Bucs aren't going to throw away their 1st round pick by cutting Revis. That 1st years $16 million is as good as guaranteed. Next season Revis will just hold out until he gets another deal.
    No offense...but duh.

    And i seriously doubt Revis is holding out next year...he got his number this year.

    Now, in 2-3 years...maybe.

    But the Bucs did a really good job of protecting themselves as much as they could IMHO. I actually like this from the Bucs side. No Signing Bonus, no cap hit if/whenever Revis ability declines...and I'd rather have Revis than the 13th pick in this draft and still have my 2nd and 3rd and other mid round picks this year.

    All I know is the Jets better nail those picks they got.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.




  13. #928
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Wilton, CT
    Posts
    16,037
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: Free Agent & Other Player Moves from Around the NFL

    You're right it won't be next year as long as the Bucs are willing to pay him. As soon as they question him though it's going to get ugly.

    Whether the Jets had that extra pick or not they still had to nail their picks. This is a team is complete transition with no cap space. They have no choice but to build through the draft.
    He Who Dares.....Wins




  14. #929

    Re: Free Agent & Other Player Moves from Around the NFL

    Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    You're right it won't be next year as long as the Bucs are willing to pay him. As soon as they question him though it's going to get ugly.

    Whether the Jets had that extra pick or not they still had to nail their picks. This is a team is complete transition with no cap space. They have no choice but to build through the draft.
    If they are questioning him, then they obviously would be ready to cut him. And they can do it with absolutely zero dead money/cap hit.

    And Tampa still has $17 million in cap room after signing him.

    I'm not bashing the Jets either...I think considering his injury (which I think people are making way too much out of) his contract demands and his market (only one team), they did well to get what they got.

    It's a plus move for both sides IMHO.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.




  15. #930

    Re: Free Agent & Other Player Moves from Around the NFL

    Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    If they are questioning him, then they obviously would be ready to cut him. And they can do it with absolutely zero dead money/cap hit.

    And Tampa still has $17 million in cap room after signing him.

    I'm not bashing the Jets either...I think considering his injury (which I think people are making way too much out of) his contract demands and his market (only one team), they did well to get what they got.

    It's a plus move for both sides IMHO.
    Fully agree. The Jets could have done a bit worse (in terms of draft pick comp). And the Bucs could have done a lot worse (in terms of contract/guarantees). It is a win-win, imo, as much as it can be judged right now (without knowing how well Revis will play).




Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Russell Street Report Website Design by D3Corp Ocean City Maryland