Page 52 of 114 FirstFirst ... 5051525354 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Free Agent & Other Player Moves from Around the NFL

I'm all for a "prove it" type deal.

Blog Entries

No way anyone trades for him.

I'd like to see the Ravens give him a prove it deal though.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Now Freeney's name is popping up.

http://www.kffl.com/gnews.php?id=844...dwight-freeney

Blog Entries

I'd take Osi over Freeney personally.

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    Dismantle the last SB winning team. Reassemble hybrid of the last last SB winning team.

Gotta love that legendary spin move though

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    I know the Bengals were interested. They lost their backup to the Steelers and have a ton of cap space. I wonder why they didn't make a stronger push since they have the need?
    They have a cheap owner. The Bengals are a team that if they spent up to the cap could easily be far more competitive.

Instead they are willing to settle on being decent. That's only because of the young talent they drafted.

Feel bad for Cinci. They deserve better than Brown.
    “A linebacker's job is to knock out running backs, to knock out receivers, to chase the football,”
    -Ray Lewis

Blog Entries

I actually like the way that Cincy don't over spend on FAs. I mean sure, they could sign one or two here and there, but their drafts lately have been really solid, so there's really no need, and they can easily keep most of them when their contracts come up. Most teams over spending usually fuck it up somehow. Philly just had to dismantle half of the team they built in that frenzy two years back, because nearly all of those players they signed were huge disappointments.

I actually like the way that Cincy don't over spend on FAs. I mean sure, they could sign one or two here and there, but their drafts lately have been really solid, so there's really no need, and they can easily keep most of them when their contracts come up. Most teams over spending usually fuck it up somehow. Philly just had to dismantle half of the team they built in that frenzy two years back, because nearly all of those players they signed were huge disappointments.
    To me there is a difference between not overspending and just not spending at all.

How do you let Andre Smith (maybe), Johnathan Joseph just walk when you an absolute ton of cap room and a competitive team?
    “A linebacker's job is to knock out running backs, to knock out receivers, to chase the football,”
    -Ray Lewis

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Wow! It's a good year to be a QB looking for a contract.
    That's why KC jumped all over Alex Smith. He was as good as it gets this year

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    That's why KC jumped all over Alex Smith. He was as good as it gets this year
    It's also why the Seahawks kept Matt Flynn despite his big contract. Usually the draft makes teams a little more picky. They must really think poorly of this years QB prospects.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenous1 View Post
    To me there is a difference between not overspending and just not spending at all.

How do you let Andre Smith (maybe), Johnathan Joseph just walk when you an absolute ton of cap room and a competitive team?
    Well that's when he's a complete idiot. The Bengals could be even better on D with Jospeh back there with Hall, but for whatever reason they didn't keep him even if they do have mass amounts of cap space every year. Andre Smith is a good player, but I'm not sure its a good idea to overspend for a guy who's an elite run blocker but has foundation issues in pass pro that can't really be fixed. Don't get me wrong, if you have the room, spend it, nothing wrong with buying a good player or two, but watch Miami completely regret what they've this year done here down the line. They better have some good drafts over the next few years, and I don't think I have much confidence in Jeff Ireland in that regard.