Page 51 of 92 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253545561 ... LastLast
Results 751 to 765 of 1367
  1. #751

    Re: Free Agent & Other Player Moves from Around the NFL



    Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Good to see Brian Banks getting a chance with Atlanta.
    I hope he can make their practice squad and have a chance to work on his skills.
    I've upped my standards. Up yours.




  2. #752
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Wilton, CT
    Posts
    16,020
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: Free Agent & Other Player Moves from Around the NFL

    McKinnie isn't getting signed before the draft. Ozzie can keep him in his back pocket and sign him if he has to. Usually right after the draft there are veterans who are suddenly out of a job. That should give Ozzie even more options if he needs them.
    He Who Dares.....Wins




  3. #753

    Re: Free Agent & Other Player Moves from Around the NFL

    Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    McKinnie isn't getting signed before the draft. Ozzie can keep him in his back pocket and sign him if he has to. Usually right after the draft there are veterans who are suddenly out of a job. That should give Ozzie even more options if he needs them.
    Not so sure about that he could sign elsewhere then the team will have to scramble to find an adequate replacement (or shuffle Oher back over there).They still have about $3.7M available under the cap and the $2M that they get back June 1st for Pollard will be enough to cover the draft picks or close to it. Not a good idea to do into the draft with too many areas of need because it limits what they can do in terms of BPA.




  4. Re: Free Agent & Other Player Moves from Around the NFL

    Packers and LB Clay Mathews nearing a deal:

    JFC, $13M/Year? Wow, first Rodgers at $25M (rumored) then Mathews. That's a lot of dough.

    http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/91...tthews-sources

    Not exactly the same player, but glad we got Dumervil for what we did.




  5. #755
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Wilton, CT
    Posts
    16,020
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: Free Agent & Other Player Moves from Around the NFL

    Quote Originally Posted by TDL1000 View Post
    Not so sure about that he could sign elsewhere then the team will have to scramble to find an adequate replacement (or shuffle Oher back over there).They still have about $3.7M available under the cap and the $2M that they get back June 1st for Pollard will be enough to cover the draft picks or close to it. Not a good idea to do into the draft with too many areas of need because it limits what they can do in terms of BPA.
    No one else is calling. Older players are having a tough time finding work. An older player who has attitude issues isn't going to get too many offers.

    I still think that KO is going to get that job with Oher staying at RT this season. It won't be handed to him but he'll it in camp.
    He Who Dares.....Wins




  6. #756

    Re: Free Agent & Other Player Moves from Around the NFL

    Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    No one else is calling. Older players are having a tough time finding work. An older player who has attitude issues isn't going to get too many offers.

    I still think that KO is going to get that job with Oher staying at RT this season. It won't be handed to him but he'll it in camp.
    Supposedly NO was interested since they lost Bushrod.If they move KO over to LT then they'll need a new LG to go alongside their new center.JR didn't really impress at LG if I remember correctly. You're probably right though, they will roll the dice and we'll see what happens.




  7. #757

    Re: Free Agent & Other Player Moves from Around the NFL

    Quote Originally Posted by MD Boy View Post
    Packers and LB Clay Mathews nearing a deal:

    JFC, $13M/Year? Wow, first Rodgers at $25M (rumored) then Mathews. That's a lot of dough.

    http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/91...tthews-sources

    Not exactly the same player, but glad we got Dumervil for what we did.
    Maybe I'm cheap, but with a $123M cap I wouldn't consider paying any positional player more than $10M a season other than a QB.




  8. #758
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Wilton, CT
    Posts
    16,020
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: Free Agent & Other Player Moves from Around the NFL

    Quote Originally Posted by TDL1000 View Post
    Supposedly NO was interested since they lost Bushrod.If they move KO over to LT then they'll need a new LG to go alongside their new center.JR didn't really impress at LG if I remember correctly. You're probably right though, they will roll the dice and we'll see what happens.
    The only one that said New Orleans was interested was McKinnie himself. The team never confirmed that they even spoke to him. The Bears did confirm they talked to him once and then moved on for Bushrod. The way this offseason has gone for veteran players I just don't think he's going to get an offer unless a player is out for the year in an OTA or camp.
    He Who Dares.....Wins




  9. #759
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    over by the dental floss bush
    Posts
    17,931
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    The only thing I can think is that Fitzpatrick was unwilling to reduce his salary so the Bills had to let him go. I don't like Kolb either and would much rather have Fitz.
    Wouldn't surprise me if Fitz becomes the starter for the Titans.
    World Domination 3 Points at a Time!




  10. #760
    iggyman555 Guest

    Re: Free Agent & Other Player Moves from Around the NFL

    Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 1m

    Major blow to Cardinals: Arizona LB Daryl Washington suspended the first four games of the season, per league source.




  11. #761
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Frederick, MD
    Posts
    31,824
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: Free Agent & Other Player Moves from Around the NFL

    Quote Originally Posted by iggyman555 View Post
    Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 1m

    Major blow to Cardinals: Arizona LB Daryl Washington suspended the first four games of the season, per league source.
    That is going to hurt.
    Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer.

    -Arnold Schwarzenegger



    Check out Fatherhood Rules - a blog site dedicated to sports, food, music, movies, and politics.
    http://fatherhoodrules.com




  12. #762

    Re: Free Agent & Other Player Moves from Around the NFL

    Quote Originally Posted by TDL1000 View Post
    Supposedly NO was interested since they lost Bushrod.If they move KO over to LT then they'll need a new LG to go alongside their new center.JR didn't really impress at LG if I remember correctly. You're probably right though, they will roll the dice and we'll see what happens.
    Enter Justin Pugh, Travis Frederick, Brian Schwenke or David Quessenberry. Lots of diverse skilled OLmen this year.
    "On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the Draft

    Settle down. John Harbaugh and Joe Flacco's Baltimore Ravens can beat any team, anywhere.

    Having fun talking football and tech stuff on Twitter @BigPlayReceiver




  13. #763

    Re: Free Agent & Other Player Moves from Around the NFL

    If we sign Big Mac (Literally, hes like Randy from Trailer Park Boys) then I think our best option is to move up in the 2nd and grab Barrett Jones. He'll give us insurance at guard incase big boy Mac doesn't work out, he'll give competition for Gino and he's great depth in case of injury. Then I'd grab Quessenberry in the 4th with our comp. In my perfect world:
    trade back into top of 2nd: Elam
    trade up in 2nd: B Jones
    3rd: Da'rick Rogers
    4th: Reddick
    4th (comp): Quessenberry

    This is probably too eutopian to be true...but hey a man can dream
    Formerly runrayrun27

    Twitter: @cjacks17





  14. #764

    Re: Free Agent & Other Player Moves from Around the NFL

    Quote Originally Posted by BigPlayReceiver View Post
    Enter Justin Pugh, Travis Frederick, Brian Schwenke or David Quessenberry. Lots of diverse skilled OLmen this year.
    Of that group, Schwenke and Quessenberry are particularly interesting to me. I'm not sure I'd want either of them before the 3rd, but they're both good players.

    There's no way the Ravens walk out of this draft without a player who can snap the football--they have nobody other than Gino and Reggie Stephens (camp body) on the current roster. Even if Yanda can play center in an emergency situation they need a backup center who ideally can push Gino in camp.

    Quessenberry is a player I've liked for quite a while. I think he has JUST enough length and athleticism to play LT, although he'll likely need time to develop at that position in the NFL.




  15. #765
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Frederick, MD
    Posts
    31,824
    Blog Entries
    3
    I still like getting Barrett Jones in the 3rd round and then going after Faulk in the 4th or 5th rounds.

    Sent from my DROID X2 using Forum Runner
    Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer.

    -Arnold Schwarzenegger



    Check out Fatherhood Rules - a blog site dedicated to sports, food, music, movies, and politics.
    http://fatherhoodrules.com




Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Russell Street Report Website Design by D3Corp Ocean City Maryland