Page 47 of 114 FirstFirst ... 4546474849 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post

How is it a dick move? Do you think it was dick move when the Browns signed Kruger?
    No.

He was a UFA.

If he was an RFA and the Ravens tendered him, then yes, I would feel the same way.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Forum Runner
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by psuraven View Post
    Man, that is one disgusting Steelers receiving corps without Sanders. That 3rd rounder is almost a 4th rounder. I'm curious to see what the Pats signed him to. Most feel that the Steelers will not match, whatever it is.
    You could probably argue that Sanders is better than any receiver they could get in round 3.

Great move for them.

Blog Entries

Re: Free Agent & Other Player Moves from Around the NFL

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    No.

He was a UFA.

If he was an RFA and the Ravens tendered him, then yes, I would feel the same way.

I don't think there has ever been an unwritten rule about RFAs or Franchise players on anything else. I think teams just don't like giving up draft picks. When they first came up with this system certain teams, like the Redskins, would go sign big name franchise player and it never ended up being worth it. GMs would see that and decide that their picks were too valuable to give up. Now those high picks are even more valuable under the new CBA. That's what's going to prevent signings and not any sort of collusion type agreement by the teams.

Blog Entries

Sanders is kind of a tweener, but in the Patriots offense he could be both.

Pretty dick move by them to do that. It rarely happens.

Not surprised. They effed the Giants over last year with Jake Ballard.

Great move by the Pats. It weakens a conference opponent and helps us out too. Its a win win. Remember a couple years ago when it looked like the Steelers were putting together a prolific passing offense. They can forget that now and to make matters worse (better for us) is that they don't even have a very good RB on that roster.

Blog Entries

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...o-new-england/

It is funny to see the all knowing Patriots trade away their picks for the players they did.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Quote Originally Posted by ballhawk View Post
    Great move by the Pats. It weakens a conference opponent and helps us out too. Its a win win. Remember a couple years ago when it looked like the Steelers were putting together a prolific passing offense. They can forget that now and to make matters worse (better for us) is that they don't even have a very good RB on that roster.
    Not so fast. Adam Schefter is reporting that Sanders left NE without signing the offer sheet

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by pslholder96 View Post
    Not so fast. Adam Schefter is reporting that Sanders left NE without signing the offer sheet
    Bummer

IMO what the Pats need to do is step up and draft a real #1 or even #2 WR. They keep dicking around with Daniel Lloyds and way past his due date Deion Branches and now E. Sanders who last year in the slot and outside according to PFF, "played 740 snaps for the Steelers last year. He turned that into 624 yards with just one touchdown but did fumble two balls and drop three others." That's okay production but neither great nor sufficiently different than what Amendola brings. They need a WR that teams have to seriously worry about.

But that's the thing with the Pats lately. They dick around. To much of the time, they keep going for marginal players: over the hill guys, guys with off field problems, or guys who have both issues. They only partly address their positions of need like the secondary or receiving corps. Yes, they did a fairly good job improving their front seven-except for the big fact that those guys can't cover TEs well cause they are all too big.

It is like they are stuck with just one type of player filling a certain position: little shifty guys are all they get with WRs while big bulky guys are all they get for their front 7. They have no idea how to address their CB hole. Or safety hole. Their RB's are fair-good at punishing bad teams but no good against good teams. They just seem to be drifting along, their mojo gone, propped up by Brady's arm. For several drafts they had loads of draft picks and they used them poorly. Now they have just 3 or 4, depending on if they sign Sanders or not. Signing Sanders or not is just a silly sideshow. Frustrating team.

Cool Re: Free Agent & Other Player Moves from Around the NFL

You could probably argue that Sanders is better than any receiver they could get in round 3.

Great move for them.

Actually Wicked, if this does happen (which is still debatable) it could hurt both the Pats and the Steelers.

The Steelers lose because they lose Sanders.

However, the Pats lose because they lose their 3rd round pick. This year the Pats do not have many draft picks because of prior bad trades (except for maybe Talb). Usually they have a lot of draft picks but they used all of them last year rather than gaining any for future years.

Why? Because (1) they wanted to re-build their defense and (2) they wanted to go all in to get a Superbowl for Tommy before he got too old. Unfortunately, it didn't work.

Last year was one of the weakest draft classes in years and a bad one to use to fix a really bad defense. I think that it is still too early to judge whether the Pats defense is really that much better or just average rather than really bad. Next they have few draft choices this year with a draft class that is loaded with defensive prospects (but a great class for a team to rebuild their defense) which is what the Ravens will probably do and the Ravens have loaded up on draft choices to capitalize on this.

Lastly, it also didn't work because the Ravens kicked the Pats butts and at the same time Brady started to look "old". His passes don't have the same zip that they used to. If the Pats were smart, they should try to load up more on their defense and begin to look for a future replacement for Tommy. However, they don't have the picks this year, they are still trying to add to their offense, and this year is one of the weakest years for finding a QB that I have ever seen.

I really hope they sign Saunders. I'd laugh my head off the entire summer!

iggyman555 Guest

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter

Free-agent CB Aqib Talib reached agreement with the Patriots on a one-year deal.

Blog Entries
    Good point about the draft picks Palladin.

I am with my in-laws and my wife's cousins are avid Pats fans...they are worried about this draft because they've not been great in the draft recently.

Blog Entries

Their mojo left years ago, but they are still holding onto the mystique.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore