Page 45 of 114 FirstFirst ... 4344454647 ... LastLast

Re: Free Agent & Other Player Moves from Around the NFL

Quote Originally Posted by LukeDaniel View Post
    Yea, but I don't think it would slow us down in terms of signing a free agent. Without knowing the exact first-year cap implication of the Spears signing, my best guess is that the Ravens are a projected rough $8 million under the cap after the Spears contract. If you keep Boldin and his $6 million on the cap, it still gives us $2 (technically $2.5) to spend.

Howeverrrrrr......correct me if I'm wrong, Ravor, but neither Pitta or Art Jones has signed their tender yet, correct? So, they are not technically counting towards our salary cap yet? This would offset Boldin being on the roster a bit. Someone let me know for sure on that.
    Not to mention they can reach an agreement in principle with someone but wait to submit till after Boldin is off the books.
    “A linebacker's job is to knock out running backs, to knock out receivers, to chase the football,”
    -Ray Lewis

The spreadsheet here is counting Canty, Pitta, Dickson and Jones and have Boldin under the dead money. Someone is on the ball. Spears hasn't been added but I don't think we know the terms. As it stands there is 9m under the cap minus Spears.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by landshark52 View Post
    What's the deadline to be under the cap? I think Dumervil would be a great option with him already guaranteed a lil over $4 million this year by the broncos. Also wouldn't lose a comp pick next year by signing him
    The Ravens did something similar with Houshmandzadeh. He was already guaranteed like 5 or 6 mill from the Seahawks when the Ravens acquired him, so they got him for a 1-year rental for a few mill. Granted...Housh tanked the season for us in the playoffs, haha, but this is certainly not an unprecedented move by Ozzie.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by bt12483 View Post
    I hope neither of them make it to the SB.

I'm pretty sick of both Manning and Brady at this point. Those 2 teams are so desperate to get their old QBs another ring before the sun sets. And each respective fan base is annoying. Denver fans were talking a lot of trash this year and especially come playoff time.

I'm a hater I guess.

I hope Matt Ryan crashes and burns with his safety blanket Gonzalez back and S. Jackson at RB. No more excuses Matty Ice.

I hope the "it" crowd young QBs such as Colin K and Wilson blow it too. I hate when people get annointed by the media.

Screw everyone but the Ravens.
    In Ryan's case it's hopefully after he gets his 120m.

I would have liked us to take a shot on Benn for that price.

Also I'd think Dumervil is under the radar...I mean he was cut and not a true UFA after all.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Blog Entries

Greg Jennings goes to the Vikings!

@AdamSchefter: Greg Jennings reached agreement with...the Vikings.

Not a huge loss for the Packers IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    The Ravens did something similar with Houshmandzadeh. He was already guaranteed like 5 or 6 mill from the Seahawks when the Ravens acquired him, so they got him for a 1-year rental for a few mill. Granted...Housh tanked the season for us in the playoffs, haha, but this is certainly not an unprecedented move by Ozzie.
    Except I don't think the Broncos owe Dumervil anything for 2013. The cap hit is just accelerated previously-paid bonus money, as far as I have seen and heard. All of the guaranteed money was contained in the first 3 years 2010-2012, with prorations extending through 2015.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Haloti92 View Post
    Except I don't think the Broncos owe Dumervil anything for 2013. The cap hit is just accelerated previously-paid bonus money, as far as I have seen and heard. All of the guaranteed money was contained in the first 3 years 2010-2012, with prorations extending through 2015.
    That's how I read it. Everything was paid up in 2012

7/22/2010: Signed a six-year, $61.5 million contract. The deal contains $43.156 million guaranteed, including a $3 million signing bonus and Dumervil's first, second, and third years' base salaries. 2013: $8 million, 2014: $10 million, 2015: $8,193,335, 2016: Free Agent

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/3941/elvis-dumervil

Josina Anderson ‏@JosinaAnderson

A source tells me that Greg Jennings got a 5-year deal with a max value of $47.5 million, $18 million guaranteed. #Vikings

Quote Originally Posted by The Fanatic View Post
    Once again, we get fucked over without even the slightest drop of K-Y jelly to ease the pain.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jess View Post
    Josina Anderson ‏@JosinaAnderson

A source tells me that Greg Jennings got a 5-year deal with a max value of $47.5 million, $18 million guaranteed. #Vikings

For a 30 year old receiver smh

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

iggyman555 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    For a 30 year old receiver smh

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    places like minnesota have to overpay free agents to come there. ponder is their QB

Quote Originally Posted by iggyman555 View Post
    places like minnesota have to overpay free agents to come there. ponder is their QB
    At least they have a dome. Playing in Green Bay late in the year has to be brutal.