Page 44 of 114 FirstFirst ... 4243444546 ... LastLast

Re: Free Agent & Other Player Moves from Around the NFL

From PFF:

16.10 RELEASE! A twist in Denver where Mike Klis reports that pesky paperwork has got in the Broncos’ way and DE Elivs Dumervil has been released. This will definitely be a case of wait and see for us and everyone involved, the Broncos had just reached an agreement to cut Dumervil’s pay by $4million but were in a race against time to file everything in time and clearly Old Father Time won yet again and forced the Broncos’ hand. This adds another body to the free agent market at defensive end, but for how long? According to Klis the Broncos could still re-sign Dumervil but there would be salary cap implications and it’s “not that simple”.

iggyman555 Guest

Broncos didn't get fax with Elvis Dumervil signature on contract until 2:07 p.m. -- 7 minutes and 1 second past the deadline!
    Retweeted by Aaron Wilson
    Expand

Retweet
    Favorite
    More

5 mins Jeff Darlington Jeff Darlington ‏@JeffDarlington

Wild stuff on Dumervil right now: It's clock management. Agent made a "colossal mistake," source says, by not getting signed contract faxed.
    Expand
    7 mins Mike Klis Mike Klis ‏@MikeKlis

Broncos could still sign Elvis Dumervil but there are salary cap implications. Not that simple.
    Expand
    12 mins Mike Klis Mike Klis ‏@MikeKlis

Hold on, contract not filed in time. Elvis Dumervil has been officially released

Quote Originally Posted by iggyman555 View Post
    Broncos didn't get fax with Elvis Dumervil signature on contract until 2:07 p.m. -- 7 minutes and 1 second past the deadline!
    Expand

Retweet
    Favorite
    More

5 mins Jeff Darlington Jeff Darlington ‏@JeffDarlington

Wild stuff on Dumervil right now: It's clock management. Agent made a "colossal mistake," source says, by not getting signed contract faxed.
    Expand
    7 mins Mike Klis Mike Klis ‏@MikeKlis

Broncos could still sign Elvis Dumervil but there are salary cap implications. Not that simple.
    Expand
    12 mins Mike Klis Mike Klis ‏@MikeKlis

Hold on, contract not filed in time. Elvis Dumervil has been officially released
    He needs to fire his agent.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

That's funny as hell. Maybe Peyton has Freeney on the phone saying, don't listen to bill, I unplugged the machine so we can be together again.

iggyman555 Guest

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter

Eagles acquire WR Arrelious Benn and a 7th rd pick this year from Tampa Bay for a 6th round pick in 2013 and a conditional pick in 2014.

iggyman555 Guest

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter

Former Rams WR Brandon Gibson agreed to terms with Dolphins. Miami active.

Quote Originally Posted by bt12483 View Post
    I hope neither of them make it to the SB.

I'm pretty sick of both Manning and Brady at this point. Those 2 teams are so desperate to get their old QBs another ring before the sun sets. And each respective fan base is annoying. Denver fans were talking a lot of trash this year and especially come playoff time.

I'm a hater I guess.

I hope Matt Ryan crashes and burns with his safety blanket Gonzalez back and S. Jackson at RB. No more excuses Matty Ice.

I hope the "it" crowd young QBs such as Colin K and Wilson blow it too. I hate when people get annointed by the media.

Screw everyone but the Ravens.
    Nah, you're no hater. You pretty much summed up mine and many others on this boards feelings.

Quote Originally Posted by bt12483 View Post
    I hope neither of them make it to the SB.

I'm pretty sick of both Manning and Brady at this point. Those 2 teams are so desperate to get their old QBs another ring before the sun sets. And each respective fan base is annoying. Denver fans were talking a lot of trash this year and especially come playoff time.

I'm a hater I guess.

I hope Matt Ryan crashes and burns with his safety blanket Gonzalez back and S. Jackson at RB. No more excuses Matty Ice.

I hope the "it" crowd young QBs such as Colin K and Wilson blow it too. I hate when people get annointed by the media.

Screw everyone but the Ravens.
    These are my wishes also. One can hope for this to happen, Nfl talking heads will be unhappy if it happens again.

Blog Entries

Aaron Wilson ‏@RavensInsider
    Anquan Boldin won't undergo his 49ers physical until next week, according to a league source.

This means we wont be getting the cap savings till next week, that's kind of frustrating, and possibly a slap in the Ravens face on Boldin's part, unless its the 49ers choice.

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    Anquan Boldin won't undergo his 49ers physical until next week, according to a league source.

This means we wont be getting the cap savings till next week, that's kind of frustrating, and possibly a slap in the Ravens face on Boldin's part, unless its the 49ers choice.
    What's the deadline to be under the cap? I think Dumervil would be a great option with him already guaranteed a lil over $4 million this year by the broncos. Also wouldn't lose a comp pick next year by signing him

Im sure it got mentioned here before, but Willie Colon got $1.2 for a one year deal with the Jets. This goes to show you a bit of the Steeler salary cap madness that I mentioned earlier. This guy was due to count $8.5 million against their cap and his value on the open market is $1.2

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post

Yea, but I don't think it would slow us down in terms of signing a free agent. Without knowing the exact first-year cap implication of the Spears signing, my best guess is that the Ravens are a projected rough $8 million under the cap after the Spears contract. If you keep Boldin and his $6 million on the cap, it still gives us $2 (technically $2.5) to spend.

Howeverrrrrr......correct me if I'm wrong, Ravor, but neither Pitta or Art Jones has signed their tender yet, correct? So, they are not technically counting towards our salary cap yet? This would offset Boldin being on the roster a bit. Someone let me know for sure on that.