Page 37 of 114 FirstFirst ... 3536373839 ... LastLast

Re: Free Agent & Other Player Moves from Around the NFL

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenous1 View Post
    Just to break the mood a little and provide a good laugh, I will share this post of Wes Welker taking a big giant crap on the Patriots by saying among other stuff

"“I was the one pitching to him (Elway),” Welker said, via the Denver Post.

Asked what that that pitch entailed, he replied: “That I want to win, that above everything.”

Enough said...that's priceless

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-wants-to-win/
    Classic Ravenous! Thanks for sharing

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Damn...Eagles sign Kenny Phillips AND Connor Barwin...bummer.
    They have made a lot of signing that I actually like and at somewhat reasonable contracts. They overpaid for Cary, but it probably had to do with him coming of a SB winning season. Patrick Chung, Isaac Sopoaga, and James Casey.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by StingerNLG View Post
    Somewhere, all this makes sense that we are a Super Bowl team that just outright gutted it's defense, while other teams made moves to get better, and I'm just missing how this is all "part of the plan to compete for the next decade".
    A defense that ranked 26th in yards in survived by getting turnovers in the Redzone.

Did I want Kruger and Ellerbe back? Yes, but not at their new contracts. Did I want Cary Williams back? Meh... Pollard? He's been a liability in coverage since he got here.

Do I think we could have gotten a guy or two that has already signed elsewhere? Maybe but the part of plan for the next 10 years I would guess this goes against is signing guys who've been in the league for 4+ years in a league where the average career length is 3.7, would be high cap numbers for guys who won't be here or in the league too long.

And that guess is based off Ozzie And Steve talking about playing younger guys to get value out of them when they are cheaper.

Micheal Bennett just signed with Seattle....

Wow that D is going to be sick

1 yr/5million?

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-yes-seahawks/
    “A linebacker's job is to knock out running backs, to knock out receivers, to chase the football,”
    -Ray Lewis

Claiming someone called Boldin a washed up bum and accusing us who see the thought process behind the moves have their "head in the sand" allowing us to "sleep at night" ....

Who's attacking who, Sting?

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    Nobody is saying Boldin is a washed up bum, can you quote people before wrongly accusing them of saying things? :grbac:
    This is what I love about you guys. First you say that, and then follow up with......

Boldin was clearly over paid, and is an ageing slot receiver who cannot get separation.
    Soooooooo...........washed up bum.

And you even went on to say:

He makes some good catches, but some of those throws were right on the money by Flacco, the money he was earning was quite simply not justifiable to pay. It was Torrey Smith who was the real match up nightmare in the play offs, teams were double teaming him, which allowed Boldin more room. Lets also not forget that he wasn't facing the best corners in the world. Torrey was beating HOF corners while Boldin was matched up with undrafted corners some of the time.
    Translation = washed up bum non deserving of $7 million.

No, I don't think the point of trading Boldin was to re-sign Ellerbe, they didn't even start negotiating till Tuesday morning.
    And yet the conventional wisdom here, around the league, etc: was that Boldin would be a cap casualty, and Flacco MUST be signed to a long term deal so that they could make keeping Ellerbe a priority.

Do you actually think Ellerbe is worth $7M a year? The same guy who a lot of people didn't even want back after the 2011 season? You would invest $7M a year for a player you can likely replace in the draft (maybe not quite as much to start with, but maybe said player would be able to stay healthy all year)...? If that's a yes, you are saying Ellerbe is worth just as much as Ray Rice is, a guy who's been to three pro bowls, and has been one of the most consistent and best backs in the NFL since 2009. Ellerbe has struggled to stay on the field, and only this year did he even look close to breaking the top 10 in his position. Signing Ellerbe to that amount would have been poor value, and would have probably cost us re-signing key players down the line, like maybe Torrey Smith.
    And you base that last sentence on what exactly?

And who is coming in here Leach? So we know it's not a high-quality wide receiver because we're not paying money for one. It's not Jake Long because he signed elsewhere. When you have Josh Bynes and Jameel McClain as your potential starters, you may want to think about paying Ellerbe $7 million for a guy that got it together and was/is your best LB on the team. You think with the 2nd or 3rd round pick you're going to get another LB better than he was this year?

Who is still out there Leach that can come in and make that impact. On second thought, since you don't have Pollard, Lewis, Reed, Kruger, or Ellerbe your drop off in production is so large that any middleing journeyman FA will be an improvement over what is left I suppose.

So to answer your question Houston, see above.

It continues to amaze me how much attacking someone who isn't on board the Ozzie is Awesome train happens here. That's fine.

iggyman555 Guest

Aaron Wilson ‏@RavensInsider

Colts announce the Ricky-Jean Francois deal

One way or the other people are going to be eating some serious crow down the road.
    “Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people.”

–Eleanor Roosevelt

iggyman555 Guest

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter

Minnesota gave former Chiefs QB Matt Cassel a one-year, $4 million deal.

iggyman555 Guest

On the day Kenny Phillips signed with the Eagles, the Giants announced they signed former Steelers safety Ryan Mundy.

iggyman555 Guest

Not sure if it'll be good enough, but this much is sure: Miami making a strong push to re-sign OT Jake Long.

Blog Entries

Falcons signed Steven Jackson IIRC...3 yrs, $12 mill.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.