Page 20 of 114 FirstFirst ... 1819202122 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Free Agent & Other Player Moves from Around the NFL

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    The Dolphins owner is trying to get the taxpayers to give him hundreds of millions of dollars to upgrade his stadium. He thinks that if he buys the name free agents he'll sell tickets and they'll all want a tax increase help him. It's a Daniel Snyder phase he's going through. The Dolphins care more about names this year than anything else.
    And GM Ireland is in the last year of his deal. From PFT:
    The Dolphins are spending money aggressively, if not efficiently.

In fact, one of yesterday’s signings highlights what could be easily viewed as an overspend by general manager Jeff Ireland.

As Armando Salguero of the Miami Herald points out, the Dolphins brought in linebacker Philip Wheeler on a free agent visit March 24, 2012.

They didn’t sign him then, and he ended up with the Raiders, inking a one-year deal that paid him $700,000.

Tuesday, the Dolphins gave him a five-year deal worth $26 million.
    And I am pretty $13M of that Wheeler deal is fully guar.

We lost Ellerbe to a stupid team throwing money out of the window for various reasons. I can't really blame Ellerbe for taking the $. All it takes is for one dumb team to blow up the market value of a player.

Quote Originally Posted by pslholder96 View Post
    Wow. If Pitta has a breakout year he's going to be looking for something similiar.
    How much money can we carry over to next year?

We may need to sign Torrey next year aswell. To stop him from hitting the market and getting Mike Wallace type offers thrown at him in 2015. Teams love to overpay for WRs.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Definitely.

Go after Glover Quinn and Michael Huff.

I'd rather Quinn, but Huff would be solid as well.
    DET is courting Quin hard. I doubt he leaves without a contract. Which makes me think the Ravens weren't high on him if they didn't throw their hat into things. Maybe they want Reed to ride off into the sunset as a Raven (at the right price of course).

My question is why is Quin setting his value so low when Moore of ATL got $6M+?

Quote Originally Posted by pslholder96 View Post
    Wow. If Pitta has a breakout year he's going to be looking for something similiar.
    Correct, and I absolutely expect him to do so. With Boldin gone he's going to be eating up a ton of targets and could possibly even lead the team in catches. I could easily see him putting up 800+ yards and 10+ TDs in a Dallas Clark-esque role, so the Ravens could be missing a golden opportunity to buy (relatively) low.

I really wish the Ravens would have opened extension talks with him at the close of the season. They knew he was going to get a 2nd round tender and it could NOT have hurt their 2013 cap to extend him now. I thought Webb's extension was a sign of Ozzie electing to start locking up young talent a year early instead of at the last minute, but I guess I was wrong. I suppose it's not too late to get something done.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bmorecareful View Post
    Correct, and I absolutely expect him to do so. With Boldin gone he's going to be eating up a ton of targets and could possibly even lead the team in catches. I could easily see him putting up 800+ yards and 10+ TDs in a Dallas Clark-esque role, so the Ravens could be missing a golden opportunity to buy (relatively) low.

I really wish the Ravens would have opened extension talks with him at the close of the season. They knew he was going to get a 2nd round tender and it could NOT have hurt their 2013 cap to extend him now. I thought Webb's extension was a sign of Ozzie electing to start locking up young talent a year early instead of at the last minute, but I guess I was wrong. I suppose it's not too late to get something done.
    Maybe they will?

Pitta and Torrey should be high on the "extension" priority list right now.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Reggie Bush visiting the Lions. The Lions guaranteed him a starting job if he signs there.

iggyman555 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    Reggie Bush visiting the Lions. The Lions guaranteed him a starting job if he signs there.
    there goes leshoure as my keeper

Quote Originally Posted by yahoomas View Post
    How much money can we carry over to next year?

We may need to sign Torrey next year aswell. To stop him from hitting the market and getting Mike Wallace type offers thrown at him in 2015. Teams love to overpay for WRs.
    I'm pretty sure it depends on how much cap space we have. Last I heard we had like 10 or 13M of cap space left. I'm pretty sure we'll use most of that this year and carry the rest over to next year
    I would be okay with signing Torrey to a contract extension now. Only downside is that he may want more money if he ends up outperforming his contract before it ends.

- Long taking a physical with the Rams
    - Woodson probably signing with SF
    - Josh Cribbs could be going to NE

All of the above sourced by local SF talk radio.

-Reggie Bush signs with the Lions
    Last edited by MD Boy; 03-13-2013 at 01:21 PM.

iggyman555 Guest

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter

As @espn_nfcnblog is reporting and has been confirmed, Lions and Reggie Bush have reached agreement on 4-year deal.
    Expand

Retweet
    Favorite
    More

iggyman555 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by iggyman555 View Post
    Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter

As @espn_nfcnblog is reporting and has been confirmed, Lions and Reggie Bush have reached agreement on 4-year deal.
    Expand

i dont like how the lions are building a team, they cant throw all game and have no running game, they need to invest in the O line and get rid of linehan

Rashard Breakandfall to AZ.