Page 111 of 114 FirstFirst ... 109110111112113 ... LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,332 of 1367
    iggyman555 Guest

Re: Free Agent & Other Player Moves from Around the NFL

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 36m

Free-agent WR Braylon Edwards plans to sign a one-year deal with Jets, per ESPN source. He soon will be a Jet.

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 1h

Former Chiefs OT Eric Winston is closing in on a 1-year deal with the Cardinals. It could get done in the next 24 hours.

Blog Entries

Eric Winston is the most recent example of what going specifically for the most money can do for you. He had a chance to sign with the Ravens for good money. Instead, he went to Kansas City for the most money, and is best remembered for publicly defending the booing/cheering of Matt Cassel being injured (Which Winston was right about though), while the Ravens go on to win the Super Bowl with a RT not in his class.

Later, that same Eric Winston gets released and can now only garner a 1 year deal.
    Last edited by The Excellector; 07-25-2013 at 11:39 AM.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

anyone think Dumervil is petitioning for us to add Mays?

I saw on Twitter 6 teams that run 3-4/4-3 are interested in Mays, obviously we run that hybrid defense.

Quote Originally Posted by bt12483 View Post
    anyone think Dumervil is petitioning for us to add Mays?

I saw on Twitter 6 teams that run 3-4/4-3 are interested in Mays, obviously we run that hybrid defense.

That's possible. I'm sure he's been asked about him.
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BigPlayReceiver View Post
    That's possible. I'm sure he's been asked about him.
    Mays would seemingly fill the 2 down LB spot intended for Rolando. Unless they feel Smith now fills that role (and is more versatile), and that Brown will be a rookie starter.

Blog Entries

They could sign Mays and he could compete with Smith for the spot. Just because a player is signed doesn't mean they are automatically on the team. The Patriots do that all the time.

Blog Entries

Mays is pretty stout he is very underrated denver backers can cover very well they are built very light mays had great sideline speed and drop in coverage very fluild it would be good pick up given how slow Mcclain spinal injury is coming, and not much Vet help outside of Smith.

Blog Entries

He's not going to be expensive and I don't see the negative in the competition it will provide.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jsmoove View Post
    Mays is pretty stout he is very underrated denver backers can cover very well they are built very light mays had great sideline speed and drop in coverage very fluild it would be good pick up given how slow Mcclain spinal injury is coming, and not much Vet help outside of Smith.
    The McClain injury would provide further motivation to sign Mays.

Reasons to sign Mays:
    1) Daryl Smith injury concerns (though Mays is in the same boat)
    2) Arthur Brown starter?
    3) Relationship with Dumervil
    4) McClain injury status

But they might be comfortable with our other guys like Bynes, etc. and not feel the need to spend any more $ at the LB spot.

Blog Entries

Possibly so the LB position is just not what it used to be anymore in the NFL. A good front 4 will mask a lot of weakness at the LB spot but you need have some stability there as well.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jsmoove View Post
    Possibly so the LB position is just not what it used to be anymore in the NFL. A good front 4 will mask a lot of weakness at the LB spot but you need have some stability there as well.
    The Giants have had subpar Linebacking play for years. Even when Antonio Pierce was there, he was only decent. He wasn't someone that you had to gameplan hard for. Yet, they've got away with it, because their front four tends to kick ass.

Blog Entries

If we can recreate that giants front four here and we have the guys to do so then those 3-4 backers wont have much to worry about. We made some aquisitions on the front line this year maybe we can get by with subpar LB play.