Page 104 of 114 FirstFirst ... 102103104105106 ... LastLast
Results 1,237 to 1,248 of 1367
    Blog Entries

Re: Free Agent & Other Player Moves from Around the NFL

he would have saw more in FA that much is for sure.
    -JAB

Cruz will be a PB player for most of the remainder of this decade, so congrats to PIT for giving pretty much the exact same (way overpriced at the time and still is today) deal for Antonio "f-in" Brown.

Gee...which guy would any sane GM, coach or fan rather have?
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    he would have saw more in FA that much is for sure.
    I still don't understand why some team didn't pony up the first round pick and go get him. He would've been worth a lower pick plus the contract

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Nice.

Good for him. What a great success story...UDFA out of a small school...now one of the top receivers in the league.

This contract will be quite relevant for the Ravens when negotiating with Torrey Smith.

This frightens me a bit, which of course, doesn't mean that you are wrong by any stretch.

I like Torrey a lot, but he needs considerable improvement in both his release and routes before his value rises within sniffing distance of Cruz's. That's IMO WRT value, but it's very evident via analysis (that is, "not IMO") when watching each man on tape. Even comparing Torrey vs. other 2nd tier WRs, his needed improvements are clear.

At the least, I hope that Caldwell has obliterated that "round-off routes" bullisht from his schemes.
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    I still don't understand why some team didn't pony up the first round pick and go get him. He would've been worth a lower pick plus the contract
    I agree. The Patriots for example were picking at the bottom of the round anyway. They certainly have a big need for a player like Cruz. He even went to UMass. I don't know why they didn't try and make that move.

Blog Entries

knowing what his contract is now, there really wasnt much reason not to. If he was demanding Mike Wallace money (again, how did he get paid that much?), i can see not wanting to fork over a pick and the loot, but under 9m/year for a great young WR seems like a rarity in todays NFL. some GMs just really value their 1st rounders.

All i know is Cruz at 9ish is a helluva better deal than wallace at 12.
    -JAB

Blog Entries

http://www.csnphilly.com/football-ph...s-could-be-cut

Riley Cooper from the Eagles could possibly be cut according to this Philly sports writer.

Wouldn't mind giving him a look-see if he does wind up a FA.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    http://www.csnphilly.com/football-ph...s-could-be-cut

Riley Cooper from the Eagles could possibly be cut according to this Philly sports writer.

Wouldn't mind giving him a look-see if he does wind up a FA.
    two of my buddies are hardcore eagles fans and he and avant are the only WRs they had confidence in. I think were set at WR and im not sure hes an upgrade over our own young players but i wouldnt be upset about it if they brought him in either.
    -JAB

Blog Entries

Lions extend Stafford with a 3 year $53M deal of which $43M is guaranteed. Hope he stays on the field

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-sh...135635469.html

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

Lions extend Stafford with a 3 year $53M deal of which $43M is guaranteed. Hope he stays on the field

Interesting that they went with the short deal instead of the more common long term deal with a year 4 balloon. Everyone knows that the Flacco type deals have to get redone anyway. It looks like the Lions and Stafford decided to go away from the fake averages and create a deal that will actually be completed.

He's 180 degrees out from Joe.
    Stafford is good for fantasy franchises, but not real ones.
    While DET has many shortcomings and question marks, IIRC, Stafford has 1 career win vs. a team with a winning record.

Having said that, DET clears some cap with this deal, but they probably feel strapped to Stafford with no other realistic option on the horizon.

@BigPlayReceiver

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BigPlayReceiver View Post
    He's 180 degrees out from Joe.
    Stafford is good for fantasy franchises, but not real ones.
    While DET has many shortcomings and question marks, IIRC, Stafford has 1 career win vs. a team with a winning record.

Having said that, DET clears some cap with this deal, but they probably feel strapped to Stafford with no other realistic option on the horizon.
    I wouldn't even say Stafford is a good fantasy QB.

During the Lions 8 game losing stretch to close out last season, Stafford threw 12 tds 11 ints with a 74 Qb rating.