Page 101 of 114 FirstFirst ... 99100101102103 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,212 of 1367

Cool Re: Free Agent & Other Player Moves from Around the NFL

Quote Originally Posted by JustaslowZ06 View Post
    Just saw a article, the Pats didn't pick up Llyod's roster bonus and he's available. I'd take a looksee. He had 1400+ yards with Denver in 2010, and 911 last year with the Pats. Other than that he's had some injury issues, and no QB to throw him the ball rolling through SF than Wash in his younger years. When he's healthy he always been a primary receiver. Could be a good compliment to Torrey pushing Jacoby back to the 3, unless someone can bump him to 4 so he can focus on certain packags and primarily KR/PR.

Just throwing it out there.
    No thank you! He's a locker room cancer! The Ravens just cleared out one (Pollard) and they definitely won't bring another one in anytime soon which is why if Britt of the Oilers becomes available, I think they'll pass on him too!

Blog Entries

Re: Free Agent & Other Player Moves from Around the NFL

Quote Originally Posted by PalladinInNC View Post
    No thank you! He's a locker room cancer! The Ravens just cleared out one (Pollard) and they definitely won't bring another one in anytime soon which is why if Britt of the Oilers becomes available, I think they'll pass on him too!
    Lol, you said Oilers. Dunno, made me chuckle. Pretty sure anyone walking into the locker room of the SB Champs, with Joe throwing them the ball isn't gonna run their mouth too much. I could be wrong, but maybe someone with a lot of talent that's been stuck on crap teams his whole career getting vocal and frustrated isn't a bad thing. Just giving a benefit of the doubt.

Blog Entries

Unless they get deep into Summer and start getting nervous, it sounds like the Ravens are not going after a free agent WR.

Per Aaron Wilson:

The Ravens aren’t planning to pursue acquiring a veteran wide receiver at this time, according to league sources.
    That includes free agent wide receivers like Brandon Lloyd and Austin Collie.
    The Ravens will continue to monitor the free agent market, but their primary focus is on evaluating the wide receivers currently on the roster and giving them every opportunity to prove themselves.

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    Unless they get deep into Summer and start getting nervous, it sounds like the Ravens are not going after a free agent WR.
    Wonderfull idea

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    Bishop Desmond Tutu ? ... Bc
    Too bad he doesn't play DB or RB or WR--then they could give him #22 and list him on the roster as

Bishop, Desmond 22

:grbac:

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by lobachevsky View Post
    Too bad he doesn't play DB or RB or WR--then they could give him #22 and list him on the roster as

Bishop, Desmond 22

lobo, that is awful good... Bc

Quote Originally Posted by lobachevsky View Post

Bishop, Desmond 22

I like it!

Blog Entries

Great, but he would be limited to catching the hail Mary only
    at one point of my life I was exactly Pi years old

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    lobo, that is awful good... Bc
    Anyone here remember a pretty damn funny sendup of detective flicks from 1976 called Murder By Death?

In it the great mystery writer Lionel Twain :grbac: (played by Truman Capote ) summons the world's greatest detectives together to his manse. Approaching through the mists is the Charlie-Channish Sidney Wang (played by Peter Sellers ) along with his #1 son (in a UCLA sweatshirt). Wang reaches the door & sees the name plate, which reads

TWAIN

& he says, Ah so! Two-two Twain!

...whence the instipation, I meant conspiration, I meant...:p

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Rxdoxx View Post
    Great, but he would be limited to catching the hail Mary only
    And maybe he'd be good for an Immaculate Reception or 2 on the way to the Big Dance...

Quote Originally Posted by Sascha View Post
    I agree that Leach probably won't be back, but I disagree with this logic. Ozzie is a level-headed, calculating GM. The dead money for Leach's last contract is now a sunk cost: it's going to count against the cap whether or not the Ravens bring Leach back. If Ozzie is thinking at the margin (and I'm sure he is), then he will focus exclusively on improving the team as much as possible with its remaining cap space. That could easily mean re-signing Leach for the right price.

The reason that I don't think Leach will return is that the Dolphins have already demonstrated their willingness to overspend in free agency. And even though Leach is a class act who's saying all the right things about his time in Baltimore, I imagine he'd prefer to sign with a team that didn't just cut him after drafting another fullback who seems to fit the new scheme better.
    Nice post! Welcome to the forum.

Also, not sure if this has been posted but Leach's agent is hinting towards a Miami signing. Take it for what it's worth:

### Agent Ralph Vitolo said the Dolphins remain the front-runner for Pro Bowl fullback Vonta Leach, but he might take one more visit elsewhere (perhaps the Giants). Asked if he believes Leach will sign with Miami, Vitolo said: “I think so. I hope so. It’s the right place to be. We’re trying to crunch the numbers.”
    http://miamiherald.typepad.com/sport...eat-notes.html

Quote Originally Posted by PalladinInNC View Post
    I loled.

While I personally would like Lloyd, or Britt for that matter, to come here, I don't see it happening. Based on all the moves we have made between the draft and free agency, character is one of the top considerations for bringing in a player. Which all accounts suggest both of them are lacking.

I really doubt Leach will be back. Even if he decided he wanted to come back to Baltimore, no way Ozzie and Co. would offer him the same 2 million + incentives contract they offered as a pay cut. We are already paying him 1.3 mil from bonus prorations, so I couldn't see them give him more than 940k(which I believe is the 10+ year vet minimum)