Page 40 of 114 FirstFirst ... 3839404142 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Free Agent & Other Player Moves from Around the NFL

I'm beginning to think that the Ravens are only interested in players who've been cut, because of compensatory picks. If they only sign cut players to replace their departures, they are still going to get the same amount of picks because of the contracts signed.

The good news is that there are some very solid players that have been cut like DJ Williams, Karlos Dansby, James Harrison etc.

I think we may end up getting two compensatory 3rd round picks next year.

iggyman555 Guest

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter

Will be real easy for Patriots to front-load an offer sheet for RFA Emmanuel Sanders. If PITT can't match, it would get NE's 3rd-rd pick

Blog Entries

Jake Long left Stl without a deal.

Looks like Pats are going for it... Close to a deal with Abraham

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Van Cleef View Post
    Looks like Pats are going for it... Close to a deal with Abraham
    Getting lit up by Flacco the past few years must have left a bad taste.

Quote Originally Posted by iggyman555 View Post
    Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter

Steelers RFA WR Emmanuel Sanders visiting Patriots today. Pats could sign him to offer sheet that cap-strapped Steelers struggle to match.
    Thats a move I hope does not happen. If they lose Sanders in addition to Wallace then they have to look at WR and Tavon Austin becomes a viable candidate for them. I would hate to have to hate Tavon Austin
    “A linebacker's job is to knock out running backs, to knock out receivers, to chase the football,”
    -Ray Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    I'm beginning to think that the Ravens are only interested in players who've been cut, because of compensatory picks. If they only sign cut players to replace their departures, they are still going to get the same amount of picks because of the contracts signed.

The good news is that there are some very solid players that have been cut like DJ Williams, Karlos Dansby, James Harrison etc.

I think we may end up getting two compensatory 3rd round picks next year.
    What's the last big FA we signed? Foxworth? I think Ozzie realizes big FA signings are for teams that don't draft well. The best teams are at the top because they are the ones who can draft their own top talent. The other teams (Miami, Washington, etc.) will always be a step behind.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenous1 View Post
    Thats a move I hope does not happen. If they lose Sanders in addition to Wallace then they have to look at WR and Tavon Austin becomes a viable candidate for them. I would hate to have to hate Tavon Austin
    I can't see them going for Austin when they already have Brown, purely because of a size factor. You don't see many NFL teams with two 5'10 WRs as the main go to guys.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenous1 View Post
    Tavon Austin might have to hate himself if that happens.

Though I am sure he is used to it by now playing at WVU aka Steeler Country.

Jake Long intends on leaving St Louis without a deal.

Ex is alive and kicking again!!! lol

Keep hope alive Ex!
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    I can't see them going for Austin when they already have Brown, purely because of a size factor. You don't see many NFL teams with two 5'10 WRs as the main go to guys.
    Hey man big Plax makes their avg. height increase significantly ;) And their age...

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    I don't think we should expect this team to be signing many "good young" guys.

Those guys cost the most money usually. Does Jones fit? Maybe, maybe not. But I think they expect to get the young talent from the draft.

But I would expect any vets we sign to be close to or over 30...Ozzie has had a lot of success with those types for the short term.

LOL...I basically said all that to say I wouldn't be too concerned about age if the guy can still play. We won't be giving that player a long term expensive deal.
    After we sign one of these 'old' guys for a reasonable deal this place will blow up with. "I thought we were getting young? Why him over Boldin!?!?!?" I am not looking forward to that.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bufflehead View Post
    After we sign one of these 'old' guys for a reasonable deal this place will blow up with. "I thought we were getting young? Why him over Boldin!?!?!?" I am not looking forward to that.
    Right player right price. Regardless of age.