Page 33 of 114 FirstFirst ... 3132333435 ... LastLast

Re: Free Agent & Other Player Moves from Around the NFL

Quote Originally Posted by StingerNLG View Post
    I guess whatever you guys gotta do to sleep better at night about losing 7 starters while watching the Denver Broncos simply add a piece to improve their offense, watching the San Francisco 49ers include a big piece to their already Super Bowl caliber team.

How many more of our starter and star players have to retire or leave for other teams before even the most ardent "trust in Ozzie" folks start to think maybe something may not be right?

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2
    We are a victim of our own success. Winning the superbowl 6 weeks ago will do that. We won with alot veterans on the downside of their careers. Time to reload with young talent.

Blog Entries

I guess whatever you guys gotta do to sleep better at night about losing 7 starters while watching the Denver Broncos simply add a piece to improve their offense, watching the San Francisco 49ers include a big piece to their already Super Bowl caliber team.

How many more of our starter and star players have to retire or leave for other teams before even the most ardent "trust in Ozzie" folks start to think maybe something may not be right?

What are we supposed to do Sting?

Spend all of our cap on Jake Long? Sign Laurent Robinson to a 4 yr 50 million dollar deal with a 15 mill signing bonus and cut him a year later?

Pay a shit ton of money for Nnamdi Asomugha and have him be nicknamed "toast" and cut two years later.

Many, many, many teams over pay and make far more mistakes in free agency than they do hit home runs.

We traded 1 starter who was going to be cut, cut another who was a fit anymore and the others have been over paid.

Given the FO track record and EXACT same approach over the past 10 years, I am going to give them the benefit of the doubt despite the sky is falling threads that pop up after the first day of free agency EVERY YEAR.

OK, what can we do about 2 players retiring? What's to stop a guy from accepting more money than he's worth? If Kruger got paid by the Ravens what the Browns paid and we signed Ellerbe with what Miami gave him, we would be sitting here discussing how stupid the front office is. I'd be arguing keeping Boldin at 7.5m made no sense. I'm sure there's an old post out there that I questioned paying him that much. It's a long time until September and we have a lot of emperical data that would suggest we'll be competitive next year. Enjoy the ride.

I think Ozzie has at least earned the right to at least put the roster together before people start calling for his head, considering he did JUST win a Super Bowl.

If you want to complain in August, go for it. But between now and then so many different things can happen.

Blog Entries

Thank god Barwin is going to the Eagles, glad we weren't in the running for him. So overrated.

iggyman555 Guest

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter

Packers free-agent WR Greg Jennings dining tonight in Minnesota with Vikings officials.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by s.r.genovese View Post
    I think Ozzie has at least earned the right to at least put the roster together before people start calling for his head, considering he did JUST win a Super Bowl.

If you want to complain in August, go for it. But between now and then so many different things can happen.
    :word

Connor Barwin close to a deal with the Eagles, per LaConfora.

Phuck.

Get Brad Jones for cheap.

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post

Spend all of our cap on Jake Long? Sign Laurent Robinson to a 4 yr 50 million dollar deal with a 15 mill signing bonus and cut him a year later?

Pay a shit ton of money for Nnamdi Asomugha and have him be nicknamed "toast" and cut two years later.

Many, many, many teams over pay and make far more mistakes in free agency than they do hit home runs.

We traded 1 starter who was going to be cut, cut another who was a fit anymore and the others have been over paid.

Given the FO track record and EXACT same approach over the past 10 years, I am going to give them the benefit of the doubt despite the sky is falling threads that pop up after the first day of free agency EVERY YEAR.
    I think the angst a lot of people is feeling is due to the fact that the Ravens don't NEED to be totally out of free agency. They have something like 12m worth of cap space, and could free up a good bit more with just a few moves (cut Leach, etc.)

They're not out of free agency because of cap concerns, and many teams with less cap space went out and made a few smart signings. The Ravens normally make even just a handful of nice, under-the-radar signings out on the open market. They've made one thus far while they've lost 7.

We all know Ozzie is patient, but even this is pushing it pretty badly.

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post

I was pretty sure we were under the cap not over the cap. I'm pretty sure the Ravens are supposed to improve the ball club, not gut it. If people want to stick their head in the sand and pretend that losing this many players who are starters from a championship team is just like other years, then there's nothing I can say to convince them otherwise. I simply refuse to be one of those.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bmorecareful View Post
    I think the angst a lot of people is feeling is due to the fact that the Ravens don't NEED to be totally out of free agency. They have something like 12m worth of cap space, and could free up a good bit more with just a few moves (cut Leach, etc.)

They're not out of free agency because of cap concerns, and many teams with less cap space went out and made a few smart signings. The Ravens normally make even just a handful of nice, under-the-radar signings out on the open market. They've made one thus far while they've lost 7.

We all know Ozzie is patient, but even this is pushing it pretty badly.
    That's misleading though. We haven't lost 7 free agents. And this is what the second full day of free agency? Almost every guy getting taken is getting over paid.

I agree I am ready to get going but I don't want them overpaying and costing us chances at getting good depth.

Seriously, this is the same every year and last when we lost what 6 guys and signed... Ryan Mcbeam (= to Canty) and a bunch of special teamers and backup corners....