Page 64 of 114 FirstFirst ... 6263646566 ... LastLast

Re: Free Agent & Other Player Moves from Around the NFL

Quote Originally Posted by MD Boy View Post
    Packers and LB Clay Mathews nearing a deal:

JFC, $13M/Year? Wow, first Rodgers at $25M (rumored) then Mathews. That's a lot of dough.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/91...tthews-sources

Not exactly the same player, but glad we got Dumervil for what we did.
    Maybe I'm cheap, but with a $123M cap I wouldn't consider paying any positional player more than $10M a season other than a QB.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TDL1000 View Post
    Supposedly NO was interested since they lost Bushrod.If they move KO over to LT then they'll need a new LG to go alongside their new center.JR didn't really impress at LG if I remember correctly. You're probably right though, they will roll the dice and we'll see what happens.
    The only one that said New Orleans was interested was McKinnie himself. The team never confirmed that they even spoke to him. The Bears did confirm they talked to him once and then moved on for Bushrod. The way this offseason has gone for veteran players I just don't think he's going to get an offer unless a player is out for the year in an OTA or camp.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    The only thing I can think is that Fitzpatrick was unwilling to reduce his salary so the Bills had to let him go. I don't like Kolb either and would much rather have Fitz.
    Wouldn't surprise me if Fitz becomes the starter for the Titans.

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

iggyman555 Guest

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 1m

Major blow to Cardinals: Arizona LB Daryl Washington suspended the first four games of the season, per league source.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by iggyman555 View Post
    Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 1m

Major blow to Cardinals: Arizona LB Daryl Washington suspended the first four games of the season, per league source.
    That is going to hurt.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by TDL1000 View Post
    Supposedly NO was interested since they lost Bushrod.If they move KO over to LT then they'll need a new LG to go alongside their new center.JR didn't really impress at LG if I remember correctly. You're probably right though, they will roll the dice and we'll see what happens.
    Enter Justin Pugh, Travis Frederick, Brian Schwenke or David Quessenberry. Lots of diverse skilled OLmen this year.
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver

If we sign Big Mac (Literally, hes like Randy from Trailer Park Boys) then I think our best option is to move up in the 2nd and grab Barrett Jones. He'll give us insurance at guard incase big boy Mac doesn't work out, he'll give competition for Gino and he's great depth in case of injury. Then I'd grab Quessenberry in the 4th with our comp. In my perfect world:
    trade back into top of 2nd: Elam
    trade up in 2nd: B Jones
    3rd: Da'rick Rogers
    4th: Reddick
    4th (comp): Quessenberry

This is probably too eutopian to be true...but hey a man can dream
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Quote Originally Posted by BigPlayReceiver View Post
    Enter Justin Pugh, Travis Frederick, Brian Schwenke or David Quessenberry. Lots of diverse skilled OLmen this year.
    Of that group, Schwenke and Quessenberry are particularly interesting to me. I'm not sure I'd want either of them before the 3rd, but they're both good players.

There's no way the Ravens walk out of this draft without a player who can snap the football--they have nobody other than Gino and Reggie Stephens (camp body) on the current roster. Even if Yanda can play center in an emergency situation they need a backup center who ideally can push Gino in camp.

Quessenberry is a player I've liked for quite a while. I think he has JUST enough length and athleticism to play LT, although he'll likely need time to develop at that position in the NFL.

Blog Entries
    I still like getting Barrett Jones in the 3rd round and then going after Faulk in the 4th or 5th rounds.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Forum Runner
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    I still like getting Barrett Jones in the 3rd round and then going after Faulk in the 4th or 5th rounds.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Forum Runner
    I can't possibly see him falling below 50-55
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by runrayrun27 View Post
    I can't possibly see him falling below 50-55
    He won't be drafted before the middle of the 3rd round

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    He won't be drafted before the middle of the 3rd round

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    This just doesn't make sense to me. What is making you guys think this? Not disagreeing, but when I watch him I see a 2nd round talent.
    - Ray Lewis