Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: Who would you Rather Keep? Boldin or Ellerbe

If there is no one else available to bring in at ILB, then I choose Ellerbe.

If we can extend Boldin, and then have enough money to bring in a player like Brad Jones from the Packers (who I like as much as Ellerbe), then I take the pair of them over Ellerbe.

Quote Originally Posted by RustonRifle View Post
    Boldin because I'm not convinced that Ellerbe will be able to stay healthy when he gets his payday. Injuries just seem to find certain players. Ellerbe has never been on the field for a complete season.
    Ditto. The Packers right now have some issues with the cap and are expected to let go of Jones or Hawk. Jones is capable of being a 3 down ILB while Hawk is more of a 2 down run stopper. Jones played well last year in all 16 games and Hawk has played 16 games for several seasons.

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packe...193176041.html
    Last edited by Bigfish; 03-10-2013 at 08:37 PM.

Blog Entries

I would rather not keep either one. Let Ellerbe sign with another team so they can see what it is like to pay a guy six million per year to miss six games per year. Let Boldin go and try to separate somewhere else.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

BOLDIN BABY! He is such a weapon and assist to allow pitta and smith to get open routes. He's a leader of that receiving core

Great question Gota and a good set of arguments for both sides by most. I lean towards keeping Q in your hypothetical for the reason mentioned above; The Ravens track record with both positions. They are much better at finding talented players on D then they ate at WR. He is a much more proven albeit underutilized player then Ellerbe and his skill set translates well to the aging process. He is hardly ever hurt enough to miss games, and Q is always in superb shape. We can not say those things about Ellerbe.

I'm not holding Ellerbe's injury history against him, but I'd still rather keep Boldin under this hypothetical "you can only keep one" scenario. Boldin had a lot to do with Flacco's postseason success. I certainly don't agree that he would be easy to replace.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    I would rather not keep either one. Let Ellerbe sign with another team so they can see what it is like to pay a guy six million per year to miss six games per year. Let Boldin go and try to separate somewhere else.
    You're good with letting go of Boldin AND Ellerbe in the same season?

Given the Ravens draft better at the Linebacker position I would keep Boldin as well. Tough choice. But, I think we need both.

Blog Entries

Just because it is such a passing-driven league...that is why I would lean towards Boldin.

The offense was functioning on a different level throughout the playoffs and it was because of the passing game.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Just because it is such a passing-driven league...that is why I would lean towards Boldin.

The offense was functioning on a different level throughout the playoffs and it was because of the passing game.
    Yup. Despite the difference in age, I'd rather keep Boldin. Defense was NOT the reason we won it all this year. The offense had to overcome 30+ points by the opposition in 2 of the 4 playoff games. Suddenly, under Caldwell, the Ravens seem to now have the ability to overcome a lot of points from the opposition. So that's why, to me, Boldin/McKinnie are more important than Ellerbe/Kruger. Gotta keep the offense intact, cuz the D was pretty mediocre in 2012/13 anyway.

Easy question: Boldin.

Ellerbe is young, smart, fast, but unimpressive. Guys like him are dime a dozen.

Boldin is a very special player who makes medium gains and TDs happen with his strength and drive. Boldin will be the difference in winning another SB, while I don't think that letting Ellerbe go would hurt much.
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

Tough question, but I would go Boldin. He is reliable and only can help this teams most important investment, Joe Flacco. Also seeing how teams win Superbowls nowadays, defense may get you to the championship, but offenses win them IMO. The league is a different animal now than when we won the SB the 1st time.