Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Who would you Rather Keep? Boldin or Ellerbe

This is a hypothetical question

You only have cap space in 2013 for 1 of them.

Who do you keep? Boldin or Ellerbe?

Re: Who would you Rather Keep? Boldin or Ellerbe

Tough question... Boldin's reliability vs Ellerbe's upside... I think I lean towards Boldin.

Blog Entries

Ellerbe. He's still young and in his prime. Also, I think losing Ellerbe would be the bigger hit. He was probably the best player on defense. Boldin had an amazing playoff run, but we still have other receivers that can make plays. We don't really have any solid depth behind Ellerbe.

Blog Entries

I love Boldin, but its got to be Ellerbe for me. Currently we have a lot more depth at WR than we do ILB, and Ellerbe has more upside.

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    I love Boldin, but its got to be Ellerbe for me. Currently we have a lot more depth at WR than we do ILB, and Ellerbe has more upside.
    In a vacuum, without looking at who we have/ don't have on either side of the ball I would say Q. But, our defensive needs are a lot more pressing than our offense so it's Ellerbe who is more of a necessity. I still think we can keep both.....

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    This is a hypothetical question

You only have cap space in 2013 for 1 of them.

Who do you keep? Boldin or Ellerbe?
    WOW, Gman, you've really posed a question that will take some time to think about. I believe that Ellerbe has more years to play, but Boldin brings a facet that our newly signed ($120 mil.) QB needs. Since our team is still a Super Bowl contender, and I feel Boldin would be a little harder to replace, I'm going to vote for Q. WHEW... Bc

Boldin. I never liked Ellerbe though. Showboating while down two TDs in a preseason game. He showed up last year year but never seemed to make the jump in the prior years despite flashes. I think he was merely the best of the worst on a decimated squad and I think we can bring in better via FA and draft to go with Suggs, Upshaw, Bynes & our PS depth.

Blog Entries

It's a passing league. I think it's a lot tougher to find a receiver who can replace Boldin than an inside linebacker who can replace Ellerbe. It's also a lot easier to win without a great defense than it is without a great passing offense. It wouldn't be the best move for the future but it would be better for 2013 in my opinion.

Ellerbe without doubt.

Formerly Carpetbaggerville (IND) --now back in MD
    Blog Entries

Ellerbe and to me it's not that close. Ellerbe is younger and fills more of a pressing and immediate need as well gives us some continuity (and a much needed impact player) at the LB position. I love Quan and he will always be a Raven to me where ever he winds up next but he's a WR. Those guys are a dime a dozen even one as tough as Quan. There was the same fretting and anxiousness when Mason and Heap were cut. Those guys got replaced pretty well.

Who knows --maybe Oz takes a guy like Austin at 32 and adds an even greater dimension to the O than Quan would.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Raven Werewolf View Post
    ... I love Quan and he will always be a Raven to me where ever he winds up next but he's a WR. Those guys are a dime a dozen even one as tough as Quan...
    Are you sure you don't want to rethink this ? A dime a dozen ? He not only snatches passes out of the air, even with a DBack hanging all over him, but he is one of the best blocking WRs in the league. wolf, you have vastly underestimated Boldin IMO... Bc

12. Re: Who would you Rather Keep? Boldin or Ellerbe

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    Are you sure you don't want to rethink this ? A dime a dozen ? He not only snatches passes out of the air, even with a DBack hanging all over him, but he is one of the best blocking WRs in the league. wolf, you have vastly underestimated Boldin IMO... Bc
    ^ THIS without a doubt :word People are freggin' nuts if they think Boldin can be replaced :insane: