Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Re: What is the market for Cary Williams?

Quote Originally Posted by blacknpurplepain View Post
    With who

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk
    Eagles. I was slow to hear the news myself. I was speculating about him coming back due to the soft market at the same time there was a thread about the Eagles signing.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Shas View Post
    You win. He got $5.66MM per. Basically $666K more per year than the Ravens offered. Although we don't know if the guarantee is different.

Keep in mine he played for less than $2MM last year, so he walked away from a few million. Kinda sort of, depending on if he plays out the three years and beyond. But he got a ring. So there's that.

Considering he publicly said he thought he could get $8-$10MM per year, I'm going to say he gambled on him self and... broke even.

Glad he got a contract, though.
    Supposedly the Ravens offered $3 million guaranteed last year. The Eagles gave him $10.5 million guaranteed. That's a lot better than breaking even

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Supposedly the Ravens offered $3 million guaranteed last year. The Eagles gave him $10.5 million guaranteed. That's a lot better than breaking even
    :word

Quote Originally Posted by Shas View Post
    You win. He got $5.66MM per. Basically $666K more per year than the Ravens offered. Although we don't know if the guarantee is different.

Keep in mine he played for less than $2MM last year, so he walked away from a few million. Kinda sort of, depending on if he plays out the three years and beyond. But he got a ring. So there's that.

Considering he publicly said he thought he could get $8-$10MM per year, I'm going to say he gambled on him self and... broke even.

Glad he got a contract, though.
    He did well for himself and got the ring, but I think at the end of the day I agree with you. The Ravens were very competitive with their offer to him last year considering he chose to play on a 2nd round tender last year. He had a solid year and parlayed that into an "extra year" and more guaranteed money.

I do wish for the Ravens' sake he would have just taken the offer though.

Quote Originally Posted by LC_Ravens_87 View Post
    He did well for himself and got the ring, but I think at the end of the day I agree with you. The Ravens were very competitive with their offer to him last year considering he chose to play on a 2nd round tender last year. He had a solid year and parlayed that into an "extra year" and more guaranteed money.

I do wish for the Ravens' sake he would have just taken the offer though.
    I feel that way too. But i see the point that if you believe in Jimmy Smith, a guy who has better base talent, then he becomes a cheaper solution to offset all the money in Ngata and Suggs and Webb.