Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: The most blatant and indefensible hypocrisy I have ever seen

Quote Originally Posted by ravenjoe View Post
    Bottom line is, The Ravens DO NOT WIN the SB without Boldin, period! That said, I guess Oz and co. are comfortable with Joe throwing to lesser receivers in 2013 - we will see where that takes them!?!?!? I do not see ANYONE filling Q's shoes, and we will be a lesser team without Q in the lineup - the guy is MONEY...how many MONEY receivers are out there?! On our team, maybe Torrey...but he is NO Q!
    The Ravens still win the Super Bowl in 2012 without Boldin in 2013.

Quote Originally Posted by StingerNLG View Post
    Because they can push other conversations off the front page. And it clutters up the board.
    But trying to follow 5 different topics of discussion and 2 different poll questions related to the word Boldin in a 22 page thread is impossible. I thought the idea of a discussion board was to foster discussion.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GaTechRavens View Post
    If his play depends so much on outside factors, then he isn't such an important player in the first place. Which once agains supports my point. It is not defensible or logical.
    The entire offense changed when the OC changed. That outside factor had a effect on all of them.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HKusp View Post
    But trying to follow 5 different topics of discussion and 2 different poll questions related to the word Boldin in a 22 page thread is impossible. I thought the idea of a discussion board was to foster discussion.
    I agree. This board can use a little clutter. The bottom half on page 1 is full of threads that no one has responded to in 2 days. Things are way too quiet for the start of free agency.

Because they jam every thread that has a similar topic into one huge behemoth to keep the board free of "clutter". Which to me, kills discussion. If I start a thread or participate in one and then find it jammed into another with a similar topic, but with different conversations going on, it negatively effects the flow of the conversation. If there are multiple threads with similar but distinctly different conversations going on and you jam them all together, that singular thread becomes clutter in my opinion. If I participate in a thread and I can't find it on the 1st page, I look for it on the 2nd, and if it's not there, I go to the 3rd, it isn't hard to do. Certainly not as hard as wading through 20+ pages of what I would call cluttered thoughts. Maybe it's just me. No offense meant to Stinger.

I don't think it's a coincidence that he put up better numbers at the same time his QB started playing a ton better than he had in the 3 previous years.

Quote Originally Posted by RavensNTerps View Post
    I don't think it's a coincidence that he put up better numbers at the same time his QB started playing a ton better than he had in the 3 previous years.
    And they put him in the slot. Cam horribly misused Q for years. I remember many games where he was only targeted 1 or 2 times his 1st 2 seasons here. That is inexcusable.You don't bring a guy in here to be the 1st option in the passing game and then only target him 2 times.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeCool5 View Post
    It's always "next man up" around here. Boldin was "next man up" when we let Mason walk. Who's "next man up" should we lose Boldin? That's a question that cannot be answered. He'd be a significant loss. Keep him in the slot where he belongs and watch him truck over people.
    Tandon Doss. That is what he was drafted for right?

To go with the OP's premise, though no reasoning, I would say that Flacco and Boldin should not really be compared because Flacco is entering his prime years, and Boldin's best years are behind him.