Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeCool5 View Post
    It's always "next man up" around here. Boldin was "next man up" when we let Mason walk. Who's "next man up" should we lose Boldin? That's a question that cannot be answered. He'd be a significant loss. Keep him in the slot where he belongs and watch him truck over people.
    Well, I think it is fair to say that Pitta could do a pretty good job performing a similar function as Boldin does while in the slot, however the Ravens have a lot of question marks in 2-wr sets if Boldin is gone.

I dont think he is going anywhere though, so it won't matter.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Forum Runner
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by lobachevsky View Post
    Haters gotta hate. The Ravens are never gonna do anything to please the press--too many nursing grudges from the Mistake By The Lake or the Three Sewers, too many others poisoned by them. The only way they'll win the media's collective heart is by jamming a purple&black fist into their collective chest & ripping it right out through their collective rib cage. (Not that even a starving coyote would touch it...) I figure a couple more silver-pigskins-on-pylons ought do it; let's get started.
    :word

Sent from my DROID X2 using Forum Runner
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Re: The most blatant and indefensible hypocrisy I have ever seen

Boldin was more than just "next man up" for Mason. He was an upgrade over Mason. Mason was incredible in a lot of ways, from his toughness to his reliability, but Boldin is a beast. When used properly, he punishes defenses like a fullback.

I half agree with the OP, and half don't. There is something...not quite hypocrisy...about the angst against Flacco as it took time for the deal to come to pass that isn't being manifested as much towards Boldin. But the one response is correct: Boldin had a history- a great history- before coming to Baltimore and putting on Cam cuffs.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GaTechRavens View Post
    When Joe Flacco signed his extension it was all about him regressing back to his regular season self. His postseason dominance was brushed off and we were nationally mocked for re-signing him because there was no way he could carry his playoff performance over for a full season...
    HUH ? Joe QB'd the Ravens to 5 straight playoff appearances, 3 AFCC games, and won Super Bowl XLVII as MVP. Who is questioning what ? ... Bc

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    HUH ? Joe QB'd the Ravens to 5 straight playoff appearances, 3 AFCC games, and won Super Bowl XLVII as MVP. Who is questioning what ? ... Bc
    Almost everyone that is not a Ravens fan.

Quote Originally Posted by ballhawk View Post
    Once Cameron was fired, Caldwell put Boldin in the slot where he is an absolute beast. So yea, once the playoffs came around and Boldin was used properly, we did see the real Boldin.
    Its absolutely amazing how inept Cam Cameron was. Without him over the last 5 years, we may have won 3 super bowls. I always wondered why they traded for Boldin in the first place, since we had Cam Cameron running the offense. It was made abundantly clear this year that Cameron was the cylinder that wasn't firing. I just can't believe it took the Raven's brass so long to realize that he was the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by duffybr View Post
    The most blatant and indefensible hypocrisy I have ever seen???

Must have missed the election
    It's usually good to keep political opinions to yourself on a football forum if they are not asked for.

Regarding how the media wants to examine/portray the Ravens, I could care less. All those words don't do shit on a football field.
    Last edited by OhThePossibilities; 03-10-2013 at 06:38 PM. Reason: one word change

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by duffybr View Post
    The most blatant and indefensible hypocrisy I have ever seen???

Must have missed the election
    Politics board is over here: http://russellstreetreport.com/forum...-and-Off-Topic
    "A lot" is a two word expression denoting a great deal or greatly, as in "I like sunshine a lot." "Alot" is a lovable imaginary grammar monster. You can love a lot; you can love an alot; you can love alots a lot; but they are not the same thing.

Bottom line is, The Ravens DO NOT WIN the SB without Boldin, period! That said, I guess Oz and co. are comfortable with Joe throwing to lesser receivers in 2013 - we will see where that takes them!?!?!? I do not see ANYONE filling Q's shoes, and we will be a lesser team without Q in the lineup - the guy is MONEY...how many MONEY receivers are out there?! On our team, maybe Torrey...but he is NO Q!
    "Grab those pusillanimous sons-a-bitches by the nose and kick 'em in the balls.." General George S. Patton

How many Boldin threads do we need here?

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2

There may be some that don't want to wade through the 21 pages of ramblings to follow their own thoughts. I don't understand why you guys get irritated with a few threads with similar topics running simultaneously. It's not like they cost more or something...

Quote Originally Posted by HKusp View Post
    There may be some that don't want to wade through the 21 pages of ramblings to follow their own thoughts. I don't understand why you guys get irritated with a few threads with similar topics running simultaneously. It's not like they cost more or something...
    Because they can push other conversations off the front page. And it clutters up the board.