Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: WRs

Blog Entries

Re: WRs

Quote Originally Posted by BigPlayReceiver View Post
    In the real world, I can't imagine us moving up 10 spots or so for anyone.
    I'd say maybe 5 maximum. Unless they really really love a certain player that hits the 20's.

Quote Originally Posted by bt12483 View Post
    I'd say maybe 5 maximum. Unless they really really love a certain player that hits the 20's.
    I keep eyeing #25.

Betting the FO doesn't value Eifert as much as I do lol, but I can see us having top-tier value on Cyprien based on his excellent positional skill-set, range and strong "Joker" potential. Super-freaky athletics aside, he's what GM's hope that Ziggy becomes. DEN or NE could snag him just ahead us, so MIN's #25 would look like the place to land.
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver

Hearing a lot of QB buzz lately on Nassib, Barkley and Manuel. If Jacksonville shows their hand in any way as far as looking for a QB at 33 it could make 32 very valuable. Even if they dont people air on the side of caution when trying to get their QB, could fetch a nice haul to move down a few spots.

I like this guy Stedman Bailey. He's totally overshadowed by Geno Smith and Trayvon Austin, it's crazy. He had like 114 receptions, 1600 yds, 25 TDs. I know he's only 5'10" (so are Greg Jenning, Steve Smith (Carolina), Wes Welker, etc) or whatever, but you can't ignore his production. He's one of the best route runners in this draft and could probably immediately come in and get 70+ catches in the slot. NFLDraftScout has him projected as a late 2nd rounder, early 3rd rounder.

Quote Originally Posted by PGCountyRaven85 View Post
    I like this guy Stedman Bailey. He's totally overshadowed by Geno Smith and Trayvon Austin, it's crazy. He had like 114 receptions, 1600 yds, 25 TDs. I know he's only 5'10" (so are Greg Jenning, Steve Smith (Carolina), Wes Welker, etc) or whatever, but you can't ignore his production. He's one of the best route runners in this draft and could probably immediately come in and get 70+ catches in the slot. NFLDraftScout has him projected as a late 2nd rounder, early 3rd rounder.
    Studman is terrific. I love his game and how he uses his mighty 5'10 body to wall DBs away from the ball.
    I've been challenged though in trying to determine how or whether his game/skills will translate to the NFL.
    It seems as if many FOs are challenged as well, which is why I think he's been tracked as 3rd or 4th RV since the late fall.
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver

I think his game would translate well into the NFL, I could even see him being a go-to receiver, with Torrey and Jacoby taking the safeties deep. Walter Football has a nice Scouting Report:

Strengths:
    Excellent hands
    Quickness
    Superb route-runner
    Intelligent
    Good yards after the catch
    Athletic
    Durable
    Improved each year
    Unselfish
    Can be effective versus double-teams
    Ready to compete quickly

Weaknesses:
    Short
    Will speed translate to NFL?
    Could be best as a third receiver
    Will he be limited to the slot receiver?
    Doesn't project to contribute as a special teams returner

"He thrived against LSU's incredible secondary comprised of Tyrann Mathieu, Morris Claiborne, Eric Reid and Brandon Taylor. Bailey caught eight passes for 115 yards and a touchdown versus the Tigers' stellar defensive backs."

He can play against Elite NFL Quality DBs

Lawd. Unless he falls out of the 3rd round, Keenan Allen will be drafted at the age of 21.
    If he was 100% at his pro day, he would be a sure-fire 1st rounder. Still might be.

@BigPlayReceiver

Quote Originally Posted by PGCountyRaven85 View Post
    I like Stedman. But yes, you can ignore his production. He played in WVUs offense. Those numbers don't mean that much. Not tryna knock the guy though, I wouldn't be upset at all if we ended up with him on day two

Cba looking, but could you do a wee summary of where all the guys you wanted where draft bigplay?

Quote Originally Posted by arnie_uk View Post
    Cba looking, but could you do a wee summary of where all the guys you wanted where draft bigplay?
    Yup. I'll try to sneak it in at work this week. The gf is in town all week, so might not have the time to put anything together during the evenings...until late Sunday.

@BigPlayReceiver

Blog Entries

"Titans WRs coach Shawn Jefferson is questioning second-round WR Justin Hunter's toughness as he sits out of OTAs with a hamstring injury.
    "Justin needs to get his (butt) going," Jefferson said. "Sometimes we have to fight through things. That’s how I was taught with Bill Parcells. If it ain’t broke, then I’m not hurt. This is a very crucial time. This is where we see the growth in the kid, where he gets used to going through some adversity." Coach Mike Munchak and OC Dowell Loggains were more diplomatic with their comments, but it's unlikely Jefferson would have popped off to such a degree without their permission. Hunter should be motivated for training camp. "

http://www.rotoworld.com/sports/nfl/football?r=1

Quote Originally Posted by bt12483 View Post
    "Titans WRs coach Shawn Jefferson is questioning second-round WR Justin Hunter's toughness as he sits out of OTAs with a hamstring injury.
    "Justin needs to get his (butt) going," Jefferson said. "Sometimes we have to fight through things. That’s how I was taught with Bill Parcells. If it ain’t broke, then I’m not hurt. This is a very crucial time. This is where we see the growth in the kid, where he gets used to going through some adversity." Coach Mike Munchak and OC Dowell Loggains were more diplomatic with their comments, but it's unlikely Jefferson would have popped off to such a degree without their permission. Hunter should be motivated for training camp. "

http://www.rotoworld.com/sports/nfl/football?r=1

In the draft he was never on my radar. Someone that big and fast should have been a lot more dominant on film. This just make my feelings on him a little more confident.