Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: WRs

Re: WRs

Damn! Keenan Allen redflagged at the combine due to a positive drug test per Adam Schefter

Per Schefter Allen's agent is denying he's failed a test, supposedly was given a recent re-test, results unknown
    Last edited by Carey; 04-16-2013 at 11:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Carey View Post
    Damn! Keenan Allen redflagged at the combine due to a positive drug test per Adam Schefter
    That won't drop him all the way but one can hope it drops him close enough to consider making a move.

Having trouble linking but apparently Patterson was the guy who trashed his hotel room in Indy. :screwy:
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver

Blog Entries

If someone didn't flunk a test, why are they being retested?
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    If someone didn't flunk a test, why are they being retested?
    Shefter confirmed on twitter that it was a medical recheck on his foot.

I don't think there is/was anything to the drug test stuff

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 2h
    A letter from NFL Scouting Combine office, provided to ESPN, confirms Keenan Allen had his right ankle re-checked.
    Details
    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Last edited by Raveninwoodlawn; 04-18-2013 at 10:04 AM.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    Shefter confirmed on twitter that it was a medical recheck on his foot.

I don't think there is/was anything to the drug test stuff

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I'd sue a mfer. This horseshit has got to stop.
    These half-baked, media-monkeys need to feel the pain of disparaging a man's character based upon spectulative bits of information.
    ...if this foot re-examination matter turns out to be true, of course.
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver

Blog Entries

And the Patterson smearing campaign is in full effect.

Just like politics!!

Scouts from 10 different teams have reportedly expressed reservations regarding Tennessee WR Cordarrelle Patterson's mental acuity.
    It's a fancy way of saying the scouts don't think Patterson is smart. He reportedly wasn't impressive during team interviews at the Combine and scored an 11 on the 50-question Wonderlic test. "Toward the end of the year, they started to go away from running Patterson down the field on routes and gave him the ball on reverses and screens, even as a halfback at times," an AFC personnel director said. "That starts to put a question mark in your head. Why?"
    from rotoworld

Couple this with the rumors that Mark Harrison and Patterson were the guys who trashed the combine room. Though there seems to be more support for Harrison than there is for Patterson, and no one can even confirm those two were roommates.

I'd almost take it as a compliment to be smeared. If you suck, no one would go to the effort of smearing you because you wouldn't even matter.

Blog Entries

^^
    It's a fancy way of saying the scouts don't think Patterson is smart. He reportedly wasn't impressive during team interviews at the Combine and scored an 11 on the 50-question Wonderlic test
    FYI AJ Green scored a 10.

Quote Originally Posted by bt12483 View Post
    And the Patterson smearing campaign is in full effect.

Just like politics!!

from rotoworld

Couple this with the rumors that Mark Harrison and Patterson were the guys who trashed the combine room. Though there seems to be more support for Harrison than there is for Patterson, and no one can even confirm those two were roommates.

I'd almost take it as a compliment to be smeared. If you suck, no one would go to the effort of smearing you because you wouldn't even matter.

I get the tongue-in-cheek, but in Allen's case (and yes, I know the injury is related to his stock fall too), it's costing him $$$...even though there's no evidence that he's done anything crooked.

@BigPlayReceiver

Blog Entries

Wonderlic Scores:
    Austin's test score was even lower at 7, but the majority of scouts expect him to learn a playbook without a major hitch.

"He's not a quick study and it will take him a little time," another personnel director said. "He will work at it. He cares greatly about it."

Justin Hunter, Patterson's teammate, scored just 12, but scouts consider him less of a risk mentally.
    Meanwhile, intelligence is deemed a plus for Keenan Allen (19) and Robert Woods (23), the next-best receivers behind Patterson and Austin.

"Allen and Woods just know how to play," an NFC personnel director said. "You throw them in, they're going to run the right route, get open and catch the ball.

"You can run fast 40s and be this and that, but if you don't know how to play it just kind of goes out the window."
    More interesting tidbits:
    The Journal Sentinel asked 16 personnel people to list their top five wide receivers and top four tight ends. At wide receiver, a first-place vote was worth five points, a second was worth four and so on.

Patterson (seven firsts) led with 62 points, followed by Austin, 60 (six firsts); Allen, 40 (one first); Woods, 25; DeAndre Hopkins, 24 (one first); Hunter, 16; Terrance Williams, five; and Stedman Bailey and Quinton Patton, each four.

At tight end, Tyler Eifert led the way with 63 points (15 firsts), followed by Zach Ertz, 40 (one first); Gavin Escobar, 22; Travis Kelce, 14; Vance McDonald and Jordan Reed, eight; Nick Kasa and Mychal Rivera, two; and Chris Gragg, one.
    http://www.jsonline.com/sports/tenne...203524771.html

Blog Entries

I'd like Patterson as a pick at 62, nothing more, nothing less. The guy is a very very high risk pick.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BigPlayReceiver View Post
    I get the tongue-in-cheek, but in Allen's case (and yes, I know the injury is related to his stock fall too), it's costing him $$$...even though there's no evidence that he's done anything crooked.
    Happens to someone every year. No one says it is fair.