Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: WRs

Re: WRs

Quote Originally Posted by alien bird View Post
    He ran 4.45 at his Pro Day, but he also had a near 40" vertical and 10' 10" broad jump. The guy could be a late round gem.
    Absolutely, if he got more targets he'd probably be more touted in that 2 to 3 round range

I'll let myself be surprised if we get any guy from this list.

Quote Originally Posted by BigPlayReceiver View Post
    2nd - Markus Wheaton Oregon, Da'Rick Rogers TNTech, Quinton Patton LATech, Keenan Allen Cal, DeAndre Hopkins Clemson

But this is the list that I'm excited about. I would love any one of these guys:

4th - Chad Bumphis MSST, TJ Moe Mizz, Uzoma Nwachukwu TX A&M
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver

Blog Entries

BPR

Thoughts on that kid from Ellon? Supposedly the Ravens are very interested.

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    BPR

Thoughts on that kid from Ellon? Supposedly the Ravens are very interested.
    Hopefully, with both Harper and Mellette, we are evaluating them for slotting, and not for our own purposes.
    Drafting Mellette means that we will have yet another receiver on the roster that will routinely struggle to gain separation.

Overall, for WRs, If I/you 1) believe that WR is a need, and 2) believe the industry line that in this draft there are 4-5 top dogs following by a large mass of equal-talented prospects then I/you should also believe that there's a great chance that we are going to draft a WR somewhere from #32 on down to #70-78 (i.e., the middle of the 3rd round), b/c there's equal value. Neither Harper nor Mellette are close to being top 78 players.

Note: I would say that this same "belief" should apply to ILB, which is much more of a need than WR.

Eh...I'm too hard on Harper :hammer:
    He could be a nice possession guy, but he won't get away from the taller DBs out there.
    Last edited by BigPlayReceiver; 04-02-2013 at 09:04 PM.
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver

Tony Wiltshire ‏@TonyWiltshire 7m
    Keenan Allen's Junior Day in 2012 - 4.53 40 (1.57, 2.55), 4.28 Short Shuttle, 7.12 3-Cone, 9'7" BJ, 35" Vertical, 17 Bench Reps
    His 2012 season tape definitely shows more of a 4.5 than a 4.7.

@BigPlayReceiver

4.7? wow. maybe we can trade down, get a LB/S/DT, then trade up into the middle of the second. anf still get Allen.

This gave me a chuckle b/c it was just what I was talking about with some cats at lunch.

Matthew Fairburn‏@MatthewFairburn36m
    Kiper projects Da'Rick Rogers to go early on day three. Has him as a 4th rounder right now.

Jared Counterman‏@OS_Counterman35m
    @ECStoner would die RT @MatthewFairburn: Kiper projects Da'Rick Rogers to go early on day three. Has him as a 4th rounder right now.

Eric Stoner‏@ECStoner34m
    @OS_Counterman @MatthewFairburn He'd be a disgusting steal there.

AP‏@ap57532m
    @ECStoner @OS_Counterman @MatthewFairburn Ravens.

Jared Counterman‏@OS_Counterman31m
    @ap575 @ecstoner @matthewfairburn Love him on the other side of Smith.

Steven Morton‏@smorton10136829m
    @ap575 @ecstoner @os_counterman @matthewfairburn yeah Ozzie probably hoping Patterson & Allen fall.
    Attached Images Attached Images

@BigPlayReceiver

What about King from UGA? Don't hear his name very often.

Quote Originally Posted by D-RavedUp5-27-52-20 View Post
    What about King from UGA? Don't hear his name very often.
    Neither do I. Lost in the sauce, he is.
    He's a very balanced WR though and sometime those guys can make it for 4-6 years.

@BigPlayReceiver

Blog Entries

There is talk of Cordarrelle Patterson sliding down draft boards.

If he is there at 32...can you pass him up?

Quote Originally Posted by bt12483 View Post

He is very, very raw and I don't know how much I'd expect from him in year one, but it'd be really hard not to turn that card in IMHO.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Quote Originally Posted by bt12483 View Post

Absolutely. I'm not convinced he'll be a top-5 receiver in this class.