Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Results 25 to 36 of 149
  1. #25
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    "Merry old England"
    Posts
    9,232
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Ravens ellerbe close to deal



    I might buy an Ellerbe jersey if he re-signs here.




  2. #26
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Westminster - Raventown, MD!
    Posts
    13,064
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Ravens ellerbe close to deal

    Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    @ellerbe59: Free agency start Tuesday!!!! Y would I leave my team for a LITTLE MORE? Smh!!! And for everybody tweeting that, ... http://t.co/MLfjgT6tmp


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    He's playing it smart on twitter...A more immature guy might start talking about he wants his money and BS. He's being very mature not really saying anything bad and just kind've showing respect to the team.

    The other way to play it? Just stay off twitter for a week or two.
    .
    .
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.


    Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!




  3. #27

    Re: Ravens ellerbe close to deal

    There's some serious overrating of McClain in this thread. Dude has never shown flashes of being anything more than solid. Ellerbe played outstanding this year.




  4. #28

    Re: Ravens ellerbe close to deal

    Quote Originally Posted by Reedpixuoff View Post
    Upshaw may never be more than a Jarrett Johnson clone and Suggs may never be the same, he could even be a cap casualty next year if his play doesn't improve back to the norm.

    I'd like to keep Ellerbe but not for anywhere near 30mil, he should get what McClain got.
    If Upshaw turns out to be "never more than" a guy who started almost 100 games for us, anchored the left side of our D for 7+ years, and is one of the most underrated players in Ravens history, we'll be very, very lucky.




  5. #29
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Frederick, MD
    Posts
    27,365
    Blog Entries
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkS View Post

    If Upshaw turns out to be "never more than" a guy who started almost 100 games for us, anchored the left side for 7+ years, and is one of the most under-rated player in Ravens history, we'll be very, very lucky.


    Sent from my DROID X2 using Forum Runner
    Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer.

    -Arnold Schwarzenegger


    My RSR Blog:
    http://russellstreetreport.com/author/paullukoskie/

    Check out Fatherhood Rules - a blog site dedicated to sports, food, music, movies, and politics.
    http://fatherhoodrules.com




  6. #30
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    "Merry old England"
    Posts
    9,232
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Ravens ellerbe close to deal

    Yeah Jarrett Johnsons grow on trees guys.




  7. #31
    iggyman555 Guest

    Re: Ravens ellerbe close to deal

    Jacoby Jones ‏@NotJacobyJones

    If this tweet gets 100 RTs, I'll lock ozzie in my basement so he can't cut Anquan. Then ill sign @ellerbe59 myself
    Retweeted by Dannell Ellerbe




  8. #32
    iggyman555 Guest

    Re: Ravens ellerbe close to deal

    Quote Originally Posted by Miz89 View Post
    There's some serious overrating of McClain in this thread. Dude has never shown flashes of being anything more than solid. Ellerbe played outstanding this year.
    i agree the dude is a bum




  9. #33

    Re: Ravens ellerbe close to deal

    Quote Originally Posted by MarkS View Post
    If Upshaw turns out to be "never more than" a guy who started almost 100 games for us, anchored the left side of our D for 7+ years, and is one of the most underrated players in Ravens history, we'll be very, very lucky.
    Amen Brother.

    Look bottom line is that I saw enough in Upshaw to feel confident he is going to be at the very least solid. For a rookie I thought he showed good instincts, was one of the better defenders vrs the run and has room to grow vrs the pass. He showed more as a rookie IMO than Kruger did in every season leading up to this one.

    I may be in the minority but I think Kruger is very limited as a defensive player. He sucked vrs the run. He became very effective vrs the pass ONCE Suggs came back. That's not a guy the Ravens hand 9-10 million a year.
    “A linebacker's job is to knock out running backs, to knock out receivers, to chase the football,”
    -Ray Lewis




  10. #34
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Pasadena
    Posts
    8,953
    Blog Entries
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravenous1 View Post
    Amen Brother.

    Look bottom line is that I saw enough in Upshaw to feel confident he is going to be at the very least solid. For a rookie I thought he showed good instincts, was one of the better defenders vrs the run and has room to grow vrs the pass. He showed more as a rookie IMO than Kruger did in every season leading up to this one.

    I may be in the minority but I think Kruger is very limited as a defensive player. He sucked vrs the run. He became very effective vrs the pass ONCE Suggs came back. That's not a guy the Ravens hand 9-10 million a year.
    Kruger is nowhere near worth 60 million. He really turned it on in the pass rush dept but he's not a complete lb. he wasn't great against the run.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk




  11. #35

    Re: Ravens ellerbe close to deal

    Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    Kruger is nowhere near worth 60 million. He really turned it on in the pass rush dept but he's not a complete lb. he wasn't great against the run.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Totally agree. It only took him till 10 games prior to free agency to figure out how to get to the QB lol

    Let the Browns throw him 50 or 60 million ...its why we have the Lombardi and they have nothing lol
    “A linebacker's job is to knock out running backs, to knock out receivers, to chase the football,”
    -Ray Lewis




  12. #36
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Pasadena
    Posts
    8,953
    Blog Entries
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravenous1 View Post
    Totally agree. It only took him till 10 games prior to free agency to figure out how to get to the QB lol

    Let the Browns throw him 50 or 60 million ...its why we have the Lombardi and they have nothing lol
    I honestly hope Kruger gets a ton of money. Hello 3rd round comp pick lol


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk




Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Russell Street Report Website Design by D3Corp Ocean City Maryland