Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
Results 13 to 24 of 149
  1. #13

    Re: Ravens ellerbe close to deal



    Quote Originally Posted by JMUpurkfool View Post
    He's just as injury prone as Ray Lewis was.

    Nevermind that he is a great run stuffer and arguably the best ILB pass rusher in the NFL.
    +1. I also thought he really played well vs the pass last year as well. I remember in the Houston game, he did a great job against Arian Foster in space.




  2. #14

    Re: Ravens ellerbe close to deal

    Quote Originally Posted by JMUpurkfool View Post
    He's just as injury prone as Ray Lewis was.

    Nevermind that he is a great run stuffer and arguably the best ILB pass rusher in the NFL.
    As I said Scott or Spikes can stop the run just as well for a fraction of the cost and if we're paying for pass rush ability I'll just keep Kruger.




  3. #15

    Re: Ravens ellerbe close to deal

    Quote Originally Posted by JMUpurkfool View Post
    He's just as injury prone as Ray Lewis was.

    Nevermind that he is a great run stuffer and arguably the best ILB pass rusher in the NFL.
    Not to mention his blitz timing is SCARY good. I loved watching him slam into that line right on the count.




  4. #16

    Re: Ravens ellerbe close to deal

    Quote Originally Posted by Reedpixuoff View Post
    As I said Scott or Spikes can stop the run just as well for a fraction of the cost and if we're paying for pass rush ability I'll just keep Kruger.
    Kruger is going to make 12 million a year at a position where we already have two starting quality players.

    Ellerbe is a good young player who the Ravens would be fortunate to keep.




  5. #17

    Re: Ravens ellerbe close to deal

    Quote Originally Posted by Reedpixuoff View Post
    As I said Scott or Spikes can stop the run just as well for a fraction of the cost and if we're paying for pass rush ability I'll just keep Kruger.
    You're going to compare two players on the decline versus a player with still a lot of upside Have you even consider what our linebacker depth would like with Ellerbe gone?
    As for Kruger he's good as gone. Too expensive




  6. #18

    Re: Ravens ellerbe close to deal

    Quote Originally Posted by JMUpurkfool View Post
    Kruger is going to make 12 million a year at a position where we already have two starting quality players.

    Ellerbe is a good young player who the Ravens would be fortunate to keep.
    Upshaw may never be more than a Jarrett Johnson clone and Suggs may never be the same, he could even be a cap casualty next year if his play doesn't improve back to the norm.

    I'd like to keep Ellerbe but not for anywhere near 30mil, he should get what McClain got.




  7. #19

    Re: Ravens ellerbe close to deal

    I can understand where he is coming from, but Bart Scott and Takeo Spikes no longer match up to Dannell Ellerbe in run defense anymore.
    "When questioned, the Elders explained that they were in search of magical powers. However, they're actually searching for the whereabouts of a certain ring. This ring is a legendary treasure that long ago was known to exist"




  8. #20
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Hazzard County
    Posts
    1,217

    Re: Ravens ellerbe close to deal

    Quote Originally Posted by Reedpixuoff View Post
    As I said Scott or Spikes can stop the run just as well for a fraction of the cost and if we're paying for pass rush ability I'll just keep Kruger.
    They are past their prime.




  9. #21

    Re: Ravens ellerbe close to deal

    Quote Originally Posted by Reedpixuoff View Post
    Upshaw may never be more than a Jarrett Johnson clone and Suggs may never be the same, he could even be a cap casualty next year if his play doesn't improve back to the norm.

    I'd like to keep Ellerbe but not for anywhere near 30mil, he should get what McClain got.
    McClain got 5 mil/year.

    Assuming Ellerbe gets a 5 year 30 million dollar deal, he will only be getting 6 mil/year.




  10. #22

    Re: Ravens ellerbe close to deal

    Quote Originally Posted by JMUpurkfool View Post
    McClain got 5 mil/year.

    Assuming Ellerbe gets a 5 year 30 million dollar deal, he will only be getting 6 mil/year.
    McClain got 3.5 mil/year and he's overpaid. 6 mil/year is way too much for a player who gets beat like a redheaded stepchild in coverage.




  11. #23
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Westminster - Raventown, MD!
    Posts
    13,064
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Ravens ellerbe close to deal

    Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    Conflicting reports
    That is apparently name of the game in NFL Tampering Window.

    USA Today reporting Boldin is all but gone, while Aaron Wilson said situation is unchanged from yesterday, still very fluid.
    .
    .
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.


    Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!




  12. #24
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Pasadena
    Posts
    8,919
    Blog Entries
    4
    @ellerbe59: Free agency start Tuesday!!!! Y would I leave my team for a LITTLE MORE? Smh!!! And for everybody tweeting that, ... http://t.co/MLfjgT6tmp


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk




Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Russell Street Report Website Design by D3Corp Ocean City Maryland