View Poll Results: If you could be sure ONE of these was possible, which would you prefer?

Voters
70. You may not vote on this poll
  • Extend Anquan Boldin's contract out to three years at a slightly reduced cap hit this year.

48 68.57%
  • Cut Boldin and sign Wes Welker to a three year deal at a slightly higher cap hit per year.

0 0%
  • Cut Boldin and draft Tavon Austin to play in the slot.

8 11.43%
  • Cut Boldin, elevate Tandon Doss, use the $ to re-sign Ellerbe or Reed or Williams

6 8.57%
  • I don't like any of those options.

8 11.43%
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Boldin | Which would you rather?

If you could be assured one of the above-mentioned options was available, but just one option, which would you prefer?

BTW, on option 4 I assume they'd be signing a defensive player they'd otherwise lose if they kept Boldin at $7.5 million against the cap. In other words, if you elect to keep Boldin, you have to be okay with losing a player like Ellerbe or Reed.
    Last edited by Shas; 03-09-2013 at 04:06 PM.

Re: Boldin | Which would you rather?

Wouldn't you have to list the options

Quote Originally Posted by HHIRaven View Post
    Wouldn't you have to list the options
    The way the message board software works is you have to post the message first and then go back and post the poll -- so there is a lag in you seeing the poll options.

Blog Entries

I don't think I needed to vote for everyone to be aware of what I would have preferred, but I did anyway.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

We have to remember Caldwell is going to run his system next year, not Cam's. With Joe and Torrey's ability to make the D respect the deep ball the middle of the field will be wide open. Austin could be deadly in that role. Not only with his speed, but his uncanny ability to make people miss in space. Once teams cheat up on him Torrey will blow the top off.

Sorry about that

Quote Originally Posted by HHIRaven View Post
    Sorry about that
    No problem. Just clarifying.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by MrPoeJangles View Post
    We have to remember Caldwell is going to run his system next year, not Cam's. With Joe and Torrey's ability to make the D respect the deep ball the middle of the field will be wide open. Austin could be deadly in that role. Not only with his speed, but his uncanny ability to make people miss in space. Once teams cheat up on him Torrey will blow the top off.
    On top of his quickness, Austin provides vertical speed from the slot position. If safeties cheat up on Torrey, Austin is capable of winning over the top.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Can't they elevate Tandon Doss, resign defensive players and draft Tavon Austin?

On top of his quickness, Austin provides vertical speed from the slot position. If safeties cheat up on Torrey, Austin is capable of winning over the top.
    I came back to this thread, thinking I forgot to say that. I truly believe Austin adds an element this team is sorely lacking. Add Rice to the mix and this O could give teams fits.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JMUpurkfool View Post
    Can't they elevate Tandon Doss, resign defensive players and draft Tavon Austin?
    Yes they can. Steve Bisciotiti has been adamant about not drafting players and keeping them on the bench for years on end.

I voted that way as well. I just don't see it realistically happening.

However, if that was possible, I would cut Jacoby Jones instead and try to extend Boldin at a lower cap hit. I love what Jones did in 2012, but that guy can't catch. Those two playoff bombs came right into him and bounced off his body. The returns are great, but I'm not so sure that's worth a $4M cap hit, especially if the Ravens could get someone who was 70% of what Jones brought to the table as a returner. That's a tradeoff I would be willing to make.
    Last edited by alien bird; 03-09-2013 at 05:17 PM.